Skip to main content

BB must change the rules for Showdown

Giving the games winner the save and swap is basically giving them immunity from eviction that week (if they happen to be nommed), which is far too significant a prize for something which isn't decided purely by chance. Whether people think so or not, the games are weighed in favour of the more physically adept HMs. Even if the producers pay lip service to the idea of giving everyone a fair chance by introducing more cerebral challenges, they're aware the audience prefers to see people rolling around in jelly than answering quiz questions about 17th century Metaphysical poetry or French New Wave cinema or something. There's going to be far too many wins for the likes of Matt, Ed and other sports lovers, and the hand-eye co-ordinationally challenged are going to be perpetually sitting on the sidelines.

but they don't give them the save and swap...tahan did it one week and mikayla the next, it's done by chance. But the fact that no one is going to nominate them in case they can see who nominated is more a problem.

Xavier would have gone anyway. As much as I dislike Mikkayla, she brings a lot more drama and entertainment than he did.

Hm, hard to say. I think Mikkayla will be safe this week as the public appear to like her a lot more than 1-2 weeks ago. She definitely does bring more to the house than what we saw of xavier, though.

Giving the games winner the save and swap is basically giving them immunity from eviction that week (if they happen to be nommed), which is far too significant a prize for something which isn't decided purely by chance. Whether people think so or not, the games are weighed in favour of the more physically adept HMs. Even if the producers pay lip service to the idea of giving everyone a fair chance by introducing more cerebral challenges, they're aware the audience prefers to see people rolling around in jelly than answering quiz questions about 17th century Metaphysical poetry or French New Wave cinema or something. There's going to be far too many wins for the likes of Matt, Ed and other sports lovers, and the hand-eye co-ordinationally challenged are going to be perpetually sitting on the sidelines.

Agreed. I don't feel that it should decide nominations. I'm all in favour of the nomination swap being removed.

i like the nominations swap, it adds some good "fuck with the HMs" that has been sorely missing. that said, it should be blind luck rather than skill-based. make them draw straws, make them guess the jellybeans in a jar, put the power on the underside of every toilet seat or underside of every canned good instructing whoever finds it that the first person to bring it to the diary room wins a prize.

How about more brain games?! We could plainly see from last week that the games using more than biceps and abs don't seem to be the muscle boys strong suit. (How do you spell "Presidential" Matt?)

Less physical more mental.
They've hardly been physical so far - most weeks at least two of the challenges have been more mental, while those people have highlighted here as "physical" have been more about skill than muscle.

Back