Skip to main content

BB must change the rules for Showdown

Kaz

Awesome site donor
Only let the HM's who don't have a chance of winning compete.

It's only fair to give them a bit of confidence.

OK you know the real reason, I don't want Ed, Tahan, Tully, Matt & Caleb winning. And I don't want Miss Switzerland Jasmine winning (she has turned into the female version of Xavier)

I hope they mix it up a bit otherwise it's going to be the same people winning each week and therefore the same people being saved each week.

I too hope it's not the same people winning Showdown, but at the same time for BB to interfere in any way would be pretty unfair. They all have a right to a fresh chance to win each week - even if they aren't the one we want to win.

I reckon the winner of showdown should just get the $5000 and night in Presidential Suite. Leave the superpower to be given to whoever the evictee chooses and stuff the swap around thing. Let the nominees be final straight away!

I reckon the winner of showdown should just get the $5000 and night in Presidential Suite. Leave the superpower to be given to whoever the evictee chooses and stuff the swap around thing. Let the nominees be final straight away!

The power is being given to who ever the evictee chooses, showdown is for the save and swap power.

im thinking every HM should only be able to win twice,
so if you win twice, you cant compete again

hell, make it once.

Only let the HM's who don't have a chance of winning compete.

It's only fair to give them a bit of confidence.

What a pathetic attitude to life, and pretty offensive to suggest those yet to win aren't capable of winning fair and square. Yes Ed and Matt have won a couple but so far the games haven't been leaned towards physical prowess at all.

While I think the opening suggestion is a bit extreme, I think it would be interesting if the person who won it the week before couldn't compete the next week (kind of like BBUS and the HOH comps).

How about more brain games?! We could plainly see from last week that the games using more than biceps and abs don't seem to be the muscle boys strong suit. (How do you spell "Presidential" Matt?)

Less physical more mental.

i'm sure they can put games in that suit everyone, like the one tully won hanging from the monkey bars, it suited her because she has less body weight, it wasn't so much about strength but holding on and the less weight the easier.

tully had the super power because she won, not because an evictee chose her, it's gonna ruin nominations because no one will ever chose the person with the power because they will always worry that that person can see who they nominate like ed's the week before...which is why no one nominated tully this week.

Different people have won, in the three showdowns there have been three different winners, remember Jade almost won the first week in the block building challenge (not physical) and Tully also outshone the boys in both physical challend (chinup thing) and a multi physical/mental challenge (the beam and spelling the rewards) i would say it is balanced.

If you make it to the final, you're automatically disqualified the following week. Best way imo.

It feels like it's always the same people disqualified in the first round - Tahan, Katie & Lucy, Jaz, Heidi, Ben...

they should just remove the ability to swap out a nominated housemate. nominations should be final as decided by the housemates. it brings too much luck into the process

they should just remove the ability to swap out a nominated housemate. nominations should be final as decided by the housemates. it brings too much luck into the process

Isn't there an element of luck in any game? I like the unpredictability of it. HM nominations are fairly predictable

Isn't there an element of luck in any game? I like the unpredictability of it. HM nominations are fairly predictable

you're correct, there is. but they should try to minimise the amount of luck wherever possible i feel. eg. xavier wouldn't have gone home last week if matt wasn't swapped out for michaela

you're correct, there is. but they should try to minimise the amount of luck wherever possible i feel. eg. xavier wouldn't have gone home last week if matt wasn't swapped out for michaela

My point is that it is a game. Why SHOULD luck be eliminated? I'm not so sure about that either, I think once Mikkayla is actually nominated, some people here are going to be surprised by the support she has. I could be wrong... She might be unLUCKy. Haha

Xavier would have gone anyway. As much as I dislike Mikkayla, she brings a lot more drama and entertainment than he did.

Back