Skip to main content

BB Mock/Fan-Made Thread

SepiaBird

The SepiaBird!!!
Awesome site donor
In an attempt to bring back some life and fun to the Behind Big Brother Forums during this sad and desperate time, I welcome you to the BB Mock/Fan Made Thread.

A place for all of us Big Brother Fans to share our own creations relating to the Big Brother Universe, from around the world.

Here you are welcome to share any fan-related creations may that be Eyes/Logos, theme songs, sets, house designs, etc...

To start us off I would share with you the following which I have created over my time here on the Behind Big Brother Forums...

Forum Big Brother Series 2 Opening:

Forum Big Brother Series 2 Diary Room Show:

Forum Big Brother Series 2 Finale:

Forum Big Brother Series 3 Opening (Unused):

Forum Big Brother Series 3 - Powergames Opening:

Forum Big Brother Series 3 - Powergames Finale:

Forum Big Brother Series 4 - Aus VS UK Opening (Unused):

Behind Big Brother Opening Titles:

BBAU VS BBUK Eye I created for Forum Big Brother 4 (AUS VS UK)
:
FBB4 Eye copy.png

I was referring to the lack of Big Brother as sad, and our gullibility/desire to believe in any form of a possible revival as desperate. :)
Now back on topic, I'm sure @marquisite & @Bertrendo have some mocks to share... O_O

Ummm, ok... how about an 'enhanced' original BBAU theme tune for 2012 instead of the crap we did end up with...

Or maybe rock is more your style? Though the music doesn't really match up with the unused 2012 titles...

It should be clear by now I was not and am not a fan of the 9 era theme tunes :D

Ummm, ok... how about an 'enhanced' original BBAU theme tune for 2012 instead of the crap we did end up with...

Or maybe rock is more your style? Though the music doesn't really match up with the unused 2012 titles...

It should be clear by now I was not and am not a fan of the 9 era theme tunes :D
These, as always, are of epic proportions! :woot:

I remember the sample of the rock theme you sent me when you first started working on it. It's great to see what happened to it. :)

I'm not sure what it was exactly that made the Nine themes so... Boring. They were more just hints of what the theme once was rather than a true BB Theme. :(

So, does my promo re-edit from 2013 count?

I think we all remember Nine's original "Twist" promo (whichwas coincidentally removed from all their official social media after my version went viral... but you can still watch here). I threw in all the past BB twists to give the teaser some added context, as well as an element of nostalgia.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it was exactly that made the Nine themes so... Boring. They were more just hints of what the theme once was rather than a true BB Theme. :(
I'm still trying to work out why they even bothered to create new versions.

They used the 2005-2007 theme in promos about the show being "reborn" in 2011 and was also used in promos as recent as a month before launch. From memory there was also a BBBAU news post with info from an about how it was highly like to be used again for the show's theme.

I guess someone panicked last minute about re-using the same theme that was used in 2006, as it could remind people about the Turkey Slap - which went completely against the family vibe Nine was trying to create. So there wasn't time to create anything great so we got the theme we did, and then they were lazy and carried it over to 2013.

God only knows what they were thinking when the 2014 theme was selected as the best option. I have a feeling that the other options were probably actually decent too.

Last edited:
Whew, that was a big thread bump! But with good reason. Based on the 4 minute 2020 season preview ahead of tonight's premiere, it would appear that there is a possibility of no opening titles this year 🤯😱.

In an effort to right the wrong, I've edited together the following concoction (fixed the "Who Wins?" wording, too ;)):
(Will it suit the pre-recorded and highly edited style of 7's first series? Are there actually official titles waiting in the wings to be used in the full premiere or a later episode (I hope so)? I don't know the answer to either of those questions.)

PS: Wondering about the font? It looks like 7 used Rocket Wildness: https://www.dafont.com/rocket-wildness.font. Another of the promo fonts (not used in my video) is Good Brush https://www.dafont.com/good-brush.font.

Love! That's all it needs to be, really. Short and snappy!

Speaking of fonts, does anybody know what they're using for the new 'Big Brother' title?

in previous years they've skipped the whole title sequence on the launch ep, so really hoping we'll see one on tues, ill be pretty disappointed if this years doesn't get its own sequence/tune, even if its short.

in previous years they've skipped the whole title sequence on the launch ep, so really hoping we'll see one on tues, ill be pretty disappointed if this years doesn't get its own sequence/tune, even if its short.
I had not remembered that! I sure hope that’s true!

Love it - surely a show can spare 10-15 seconds for some opening credits. I doubt the show will have them though - it's just the way shows seem to be made now. Still not forgiven 7 for axing the Home and Away intro.

Love! That's all it needs to be, really. Short and snappy!

Speaking of fonts, does anybody know what they're using for the new 'Big Brother' title?

there are way too many fonts that look similar to it to find the exact one at least in my quick limited search.(the angle at the end of the stroke of the G, the width of the crossbar on the T, and the bowls on the B are the giveaways, which could also easily make it a font they've altered)
Closest free one I've found is TGL 0-1451 Engschrift and downloadable here.

Comparison:
bbfontcomp.jpg

The font reminds me of the one BBUK used from 2001-2004 which was the official C4 font of the time - think it was called DIN.

Back