Skip to main content

BB haters

Shaneyboo

Awesome site donor
BEHIND BIG BROTHER'S BIGGEST BOOTY omg
As most of you probably know, a lot of people strongly dislike big brother. Me being the Person that I am, I usually argue with them. What reasons do you back BB up with? I usually give them the 'revolutionary' format, and "how would you know if its terrible if you haven't even watched a whole episode?" Any way, what do you usually say?

LOL @ people that put so much energy into hating big brother, no one is forcing them to watch it ffs.

I agree it's trashy TV but I love watching trashy TV, I just tell them to deal with it.

If it comes up I usually give an honest reason. I don't care for the romance stuff, I don't like all the scripted tasks, but when people aren't getting along or struggling I find it interesting to watch. To observe how people act.

The only thing I don't mention is, 'oh and I post on a Big Brother forum and that adds a strong layer of enjoyment to the show each year.'

Most people are so shocked that I watch it they don't even get around to asking why. It's just full-bore shock. Ha.
Yeah me too! Hahaha!!
And if they do ask me why, I ask them why they don't.

People don't hate it anymore, not really, because it's just another bit of fluff now.
And, by now pretty much the entire population has watched some form of RTV.
Cooking, renos, fashion, models, singing, dating - and serious stuff like SBS do.

And as TAR and Survivor have now run for decades, RTV has a different reputation.

The shit is seen more as famewhores like Hilton/Kardashian/ and trash heads like Jersey shore/Geordie whatever it is.

So much, that is so much worse than anything connected to BB has been made now.
BB isn't the bottom of the barrel it once was, when UK RTV they just bonk anything that moves all the time, and US RTV they friggin fight and bash each other at the drop of a hat.

But I never speak about watching it.
Just a couple of family members know i watch it.

I think the reason people hate big brother with such a passion is it holds a mirror up to the human race and people don't like what's reflected.

This is what I suspect is the main reason why some people are very vocal in their 'hatred' of BB. Only that it's not just because it holds up a mirror to general human behaviour warts and all but that it provides an scarily accurate unflattering reflection of the haters themselves that fuels their rage and disgust.

Person: do you watch Big Brother?
Me: oh yeah, every now and again

MEMORY-THOUGHT BUBBLE OF EYES GLUED TO THE TELEVISION, FORUM ON LAPTOP, TONGUE HANGING OUT MOUTH, YELLING "BRING BACK FITZEE!".

end scene

Reactions: kxk

MEMORY-THOUGHT BUBBLE OF EYES GLUED TO THE TELEVISION, FORUM ON LAPTOP, TONGUE HANGING OUT MOUTH, YELLING "BRING BACK FITZEE!".

end scene

You're not truly lost to the cause till you hang the cast poster on your fridge and block out evicted housemates with postits cut into crosses *cringe*

You're not truly lost to the cause till you hang the cast poster on your fridge and block out evicted housemates with postits cut into crosses *cringe*
OMG no okay, I had cutouts of the 2006 housemates on the inside of the door of my school locker. The ones from the Herald Sun Poster.
Trump that.

I don't usually bother but if I do I usually just state "where's plenty of other tv channels to choose from"

When they first announced axing it years ago a board I posted on were celebrating saying stuff like "yay glad to see that crap gone from our screens" I posted and said "You're please a couple of hundred people in QLD just lost their jobs?" That shut them up ;-)

end scene

FITZEE is who the media demanded he be called

He was FRIZEE

People react with disdain - I just shrug and say I like watching them slowly unravel as the weeks go by and they start to get cabin fever.

Really though, it's like what someone else said - posting to this forum about it adds an extra side to it that makes it much more enjoyable! I doubt i'd've kept watching it for so long if I didn't have a place to mock/laugh/cry at it with a bunch of other people just as devoted as I am.

Its funny, im a BB addict. Have been since season 1. I feel im entitled to hate on the show when i feel disappointed with the lack of thought that seems to have gone into the show and the lacklustre HMs they pick. But i still watch. But then someone else has a go at the show and im like a pissed off mum hearing someone put shit on my kid. Lol
I generally start with a oh fuck you, then a, what? Has your TV only got one channel? Lol

Back