Skip to main content

BB/CBB UK - Rewatch discussions

There have been a lot of post-series transformations over the years but I must say this is probably the best. He also came out at some point.

D5A6C5DF-C5E5-4F71-8C55-3FE7840D89A1.jpeg
87615597-C51F-4EE4-84F9-BF870C78309C.jpeg
26B3B7B5-4E7D-4E59-9B00-64E6C211B44E.jpeg

The one thing that ruined the series really - though not really his fault.

Not a rewatch but a current recommendation - the BBC are currently airing Freeze the Fear with Wim Hof - all about embracing the cold to improve mental health etc, with 8 celebs at a base in Italy. The challenges itself aren't too remarkable (any Big Brother fan will mock the big deal they make about a 15 second cold shower), but they've set up a Big Brother style base for the celebs and over half the episode is just them living together really and it has real Celebrity Big Brother vibes, and a reminder a group of people just getting on and sharing their stories is much more engaging than arguments and manufactured drama.

The one thing that ruined the series really - though not really his fault.

Not a rewatch but a current recommendation - the BBC are currently airing Freeze the Fear with Wim Hof - all about embracing the cold to improve mental health etc, with 8 celebs at a base in Italy. The challenges itself aren't too remarkable (any Big Brother fan will mock the big deal they make about a 15 second cold shower), but they've set up a Big Brother style base for the celebs and over half the episode is just them living together really and it has real Celebrity Big Brother vibes, and a reminder a group of people just getting on and sharing their stories is much more engaging than arguments and manufactured drama.
Yeah I’m not a big fan of free pass to the final… It very well could have been for a single eviction cycle. As he was immune until the final vote he did tend to fade in to the background compared to others.

I’ll have to check that BBC show out at some point.

Watching BBUK 2016 for the first time ever!

Launch: Fortunately, I know no spoilers. Loving that we have an Asian girl from Australia! Otherwise, I have no other opinions, all the housemates kind of seem the same to me. The Other idea is... okay? Not really that interested to seem like a game changer to me. I'm more curious on how the casting director found people connected to the housemates that are "bad"... seems a bit orchestrated/hiring your friends to me.

But wow, the audiences love booing for no reason. Kind of a dumb crowd but at least it's fun when people you hate get evicted down the road.

I do like the Other's don't give a fuck attitude and calling out the producers for their marketing buzz phrases "the game has changed!" when nothing's really happened at all LOL

Last edited:
The vast majority of the latter Channel 5 casts were recruits. They were purposely sought out for in a desperate attempt to boost ratings and for their ability to cause drama. I don’t think they used a casting director in the traditional sense.

Hey guys, I'm in fear of spoilers so hoping someone can help so I don't accidentally run into spoilers trying to hunt for a source - are there any good bloggers, news sites, forums, etc with recaps/reviews/discussions per episode on BBUK 2016/Series 17?

Just curious of the audience's thoughts, opinions, etc as the show was airing (it's part of the fun!)

Last edited:
This is Big Brother has forums for each series - can't guarantee the headings are spoiler free but the closest thing to an equivalent of here.

I did not expect to see a woman naked with her breasts showing as she makes out with another girl. Man, this really is the opposite of BBAU.

I'm just a bit over halfway but wow, this season is a roller coaster. Absolutely chaotic house but in the most entertaining way possible. The scandals, the fights, the people either running away or being kicked out, the drama, we even got a proposal... also, I fucking hate vote to evict. I've hated pretty much every eviction choice so far too, damn you UK public!

I also do like how the producers don't seem to ever baby the housemates, and the host ask actual interesting questions and they're very transparent in what they show on air, even when the HMs are talking shit about the show, unlike BBAU's extremely family friendly and polished format.

Okay, I'm done. This was the most entertained I've ever been with a BB season but holy shit, the winner? Who voted for them??? Terrible, TERRIBLE DECISION. Like wow.

Okay, I'm done. This was the most entertained I've ever been with a BB season but holy shit, the winner? Who voted for them??? Terrible, TERRIBLE DECISION. Like wow.
You definitely need to watch a better series. 2016 was one of the worst of the Channel 5 era. I loved the 2018 series… It was the first series in almost a decade that felt like a traditional BBUK series. The gimmicks were mostly fun, the cast was completely unknown, and while it didn’t have explosive drama there was still enough to keep things entertaining.

You definitely need to watch a better series. 2016 was one of the worst of the Channel 5 era. I loved the 2018 series… It was the first series in almost a decade that felt like a traditional BBUK series. The gimmicks were mostly fun, the cast was completely unknown, and while it didn’t have explosive drama there was still enough to keep things entertaining.

Okay awesome! I've only seen a very early season (like 2012/2013) and Season 19, so 18 is sandwiched in between.

It's up next! I'm finding it really hard to watch BBAU tbh it's very vanilla and overly produced

Okay awesome! I've only seen a very early season (like 2012/2013) and Season 19, so 18 is sandwiched in between.

It's up next! I'm finding it really hard to watch BBAU tbh it's very vanilla and overly produced
By 2018 I mean the final series on Channel 5 which would be BB19.

The only other channel 5 era series I can recommend is 2013 (BB14). Otherwise I recommend you pick up either BB5/6/7 or any of the corresponding CBB series.

I've actually started to watch BBUK17 back again as well and I never got the hate for this season, 2018 was still the best C5 series for me but 2016 is a close second. 2015, 2017 though... I'd rather forget.

Take yourself back to BB6 (2005) and crack open a bottle of bubbly. 🍾

And for my money that is the best season of BBUK.

So I actually decided to watch BB18 (2017) instead!! I'm five episodes in and I don't know, I'm not feeling this cast and the house looks intricate but they're not doing much with it. But looks like vote to save is here, HOORAY! (note - I've seen BB17/2017 and BB19/2018 already)

Week 1 - With Vote to Evict, Suhkvinder would have left already. But she got saved! And this is why I love vote to save.

Last edited:
I got through seasons 1 of both BBUK and CBBUK during the pandemic, with the intention to gradually progress in chronological order.

But without lockdowns, I’m not so sure I could ever do it properly. It’s such a mammoth binge.

So I actually decided to watch BB18 (2017) instead!! I'm five episodes in and I don't know, I'm not feeling this cast and the house looks intricate but they're not doing much with it. But looks like vote to save is here, HOORAY! (note - I've seen BB17/2017 and BB19/2018 already)

Week 1 - With Vote to Evict, Suhkvinder would have left already. But she got saved! And this is why I love vote to save.

And I'm on week 2, and she's left with her husband! Nooo. I think sometimes they forget that the voting format changed this season (Vote to Save) - Imran didn't leave because he was most hated, he just had the least votes, which can also happen easily when he's one part of a pair that's competing as two HMs (split fanbase).

Back