Skip to main content

Australian Survivor renewed for 2019

It's not good. While I did enjoy the last season, Australian Survivor had already proven it could stand on its own with two brilliant seasons of non-celebrities (they are careful not to call them that but they basically are). That's what it needs to return to to remain fresh.

It's not good. While I did enjoy the last season, Australian Survivor had already proven it could stand on its own with two brilliant seasons of non-celebrities (they are careful not to call them that but they basically are). That's what it needs to return to to remain fresh.
Yeah, please save the celebrities for I'm a Celeb.

They probably thought "well if we picked up an 8% increase in viewers doing it this year, we can pick up another 8% doing it again next year". 🙄

Yes, the message from the public is very clear.
Yeah. When I posted this here this morning the Twitter post was the first I'd heard of it. I'm glad I was not alone. It is pretty lame to use the same gimmick two years in a row. And I was never keen on it even this year tbh. Obviously all they see is it rated well so if it worked once it'll work again. They may be disappointed.

Yeah. When I posted this here this morning the Twitter post was the first I'd heard of it. I'm glad I was not alone. It is pretty lame to use the same gimmick two years in a row. And I was never keen on it even this year tbh. Obviously all they see is it rated well so if it worked once it'll work again. They may be disappointed.
Lets hope that whoever makes the decisions is listening to the feedback because practically no one thinks it's a good idea.

Great news it was renewed but agree that repeating the same twist is poor - it wasn't even that great a twist this year. They could create a similar dynamic with a "new" twist if they really want to go down that route - Fans v Favourites for example.

what about city v country?

or brains v brawns?

or gen y v gen x v baby boomers?
Blondes V Brunettes V Blacks V Rangas?

There are so many possibilities I really don't understand why they would choose to repeat last year's theme. Except, as someone pointed out to me on Twitter, "it's the Sophie Monk effect". And I guess they've got it in one. People will watch because they recognise someone.

Back