Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 6 Discussion

Will Simon play his idols properly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing I find stupid this season with a few competitors is their weird rationale in respect of how they verbalise their self respect to the point of alienating themselves in tribal when facing eviction. George repeatedly stands by his convictions stating if I'm voted off tonight so-be-it, although Cara saved him, I'd be surprised if anyone else would do it again & by his comments he seems a certainty to be voted out soon.

Benny was another one who blurted out at tribal that he would rather be voted out than change his attitude etc.

I believe that out-smart, out-last, out-think would involve you adapting your behaviour & choice of words to 'fit in' with your fellow competitors by, at the very least - sometimes agreeing with the majority on some points even though you may personally think otherwise & thus out-last them.

This attitude of "I am right" no matter what, especially at tribals seems defeatist. Personally if I was in the eviction hot-seat at tribals I'd be doing & saying whatever it takes to get across the line. I mean, who remembers the person who came 8th 2 seasons ago BUT was TRUE to themselves??? & who cares - personally I'd rather be remembered for winning :cool:

images

Ugh, could tell he was a wanker but he truly exceeded expectations there.

Producers need to start filtering these fuckwits out instead of increasing their reach by casting them. It's not like they wouldn't have known.
I think it’s an overreaction of them to conclude that he is a not a good person based on his historic posts.

One time I scubbed certain of my own social media as when I looked back at it, it does not resonate with me anymore and I was surprised at what people would have been capable of judging me on. (I suspected it may have affected a good job offer I had as well as they just ghosted me after what I perceived as a positive meeting , the bastards.)

The guy probably listens to US hiphop and embedded in that culture. Honestly don’t think he’s great he was a bit of a dits and obviously had no fi what he was doing lol… And he seems to fit the LA wannabe role perfectly.

Slowly but surely catching up, but not really feeling this series so far. Doesn't help it's being built around someone so unlikeable too - George really is the Danny of this series.

Will hopefully catch up this week now the Olympics are done so will then catch up on the threads then too. As I say every series though I think the format puts far too much weight on Immunity Idols now which really takes away the strategic element. They really should not be a factor in virtually every Tribal Council - and the less the series relied on them the better the viewing would be when they actually are used.

Slowly but surely catching up, but not really feeling this series so far. Doesn't help it's being built around someone so unlikeable too - George really is the Danny of this series.

Will hopefully catch up this week now the Olympics are done so will then catch up on the threads then too. As I say every series though I think the format puts far too much weight on Immunity Idols now which really takes away the strategic element. They really should not be a factor in virtually every Tribal Council - and the less the series relied on them the better the viewing would be when they actually are used.
George is way more likeable than Danny though.

George is way more likeable than Danny though.
I'd actually say vice versa, but both are more annoying by producers building episodes around them. Just hoping all this airtime means he isn't around much longer.

The hypocrocy over Mitch absolutely stunk - he was desperate to get him out episode 1 and going and dismissing the need to keep "strong" players around, then a couple of tribals later he's crying over the strongest player being voted out.

P.S. How stupid was Cara? Lucky for her the producers fixed things for George not to be eliminated and she benefitted from that.

P.P.S. I realise I'm two weeks behind and probably echoing what many have said (I've not read the thread and I'm trying to avoid spoilers). Will have a full whine once I catch up properly over the next few days, but must admit I am really struggling to get into this series.

I'd actually say vice versa, but both are more annoying by producers building episodes around them. Just hoping all this airtime means he isn't around much longer.

The hypocrocy over Mitch absolutely stunk - he was desperate to get him out episode 1 and going and dismissing the need to keep "strong" players around, then a couple of tribals later he's crying over the strongest player being voted out.

P.S. How stupid was Cara? Lucky for her the producers fixed things for George not to be eliminated and she benefitted from that.

P.P.S. I realise I'm two weeks behind and probably echoing what many have said (I've not read the thread and I'm trying to avoid spoilers). Will have a full whine once I catch up properly over the next few days, but must admit I am really struggling to get into this series.

The awfulness of George and his strategy is what makes him so hilarious though. It's best not to take him too seriously.

Back