Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 6 Discussion

Will Simon play his idols properly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Being selfless has its rewards .... Karma Gods or Producers :cool:

Oh & silly me, here I am sitting at home thinking I wonder who I can chat with online about Aus Survivor.... duhhhhh :bang: :cool:

Oh, I'm so crazy excited! Someone to really like! And now she's on Brawn. Beauty and the Beasts!

Fuck, what a whirlwind of a tribal. I now loathe Wai (how stupid were they sitting their puzzle person out, and how stupid is she ruining a good plan and betraying her actual allies, for seventh spot on a seven person faux alliance) and am not minding Baden. Poor George weeping and weeping... Cara being empathic! I thought she'd sussed out some secret, but no, she nobly went out....

And she's back! This season just improved markedly.

Oh, I'm so crazy excited! Someone to really like! And now she's on Brawn. Beauty and the Beasts!

Fuck, what a whirlwind of a tribal. I now loathe Wai (how stupid were they sitting their puzzle person out, and how stupid is she ruining a good plan and betraying her actual allies, for seventh spot on a seven person faux alliance) and am not minding Baden. Poor George weeping and weeping... Cara being empathic! I thought she'd sussed out some secret, but no, she nobly went out....

And she's back! This season just improved markedly.
I totally agree that flipping to make your self the bottom of a 7 person alliance doesn’t exactly seem like the best long term strategy when there was a chance to weaken the main alliance tonight. However I feel like she has felt a bit trapped by George and saw a way out. Time will tell what it means for Wai.

Not such a bad twist.
Cara staying seems like a good thing.
George is annoying but at least he marches to the beat of his own drum and seems somewhat nice if you show him kindness.
Unlike Wei who was just brutally ungrateful. It's not like the other tribe care about her at all.

Beetle! Bird!

Yes I am watching now.

Not that much of an impressive reward. Maybe if you had been eating lentils and rice for days you would be happy for it tho.
You'd get a huge sugar hit followed by a headache most likely. Any benefits wouldn't last long.

Meanwhile Joey is such a jerk. He's a misfit who bullies other misfits to feel better about himself. Is he 12?

Last night was actually a good ep.

Generally I'm not a fan of producer twists. Once you're gone, you're gone as far as I'm concerned (unless it's like Exile where the twist is known upfront). But I like Cara, so my double standards come into play and I'm glad she's saved. Silly playing her immunity idol for George though. They must have believed Wai was 100% with them.

I agree with Wai though. Just because George saved her, doesn't mean she is now indebted to him forever. She still needs to play her own game. Was it smart? Guess we'll see. It would be funny if her and Joey teamed up though. I love an unlikely duo that just fucks shit up and causes havoc.

George is still as annoying as ever, but his reactions are actually priceless. Telling Georgia he's going looking for something and she's welcome to join him, only to then berate her and ask why she's following him. Gold. I hope he doesn't win. But I'm open to him sticking around to keep me laughing for a few more eps.

In other news:

Ugh, could tell he was a wanker but he truly exceeded expectations there.

Producers need to start filtering these fuckwits out instead of increasing their reach by casting them. It's not like they wouldn't have known.
Not surprised.
I went from "Benny who?" to thinking he was a dickhead almost the instant he spoke.
I bet he's a Friend Of Tully too.

One thing I find stupid this season with a few competitors is their weird rationale in respect of how they verbalise their self respect to the point of alienating themselves in tribal when facing eviction. George repeatedly stands by his convictions stating if I'm voted off tonight so-be-it, although Cara saved him, I'd be surprised if anyone else would do it again & by his comments he seems a certainty to be voted out soon.

Benny was another one who blurted out at tribal that he would rather be voted out than change his attitude etc.

I believe that out-smart, out-last, out-think would involve you adapting your behaviour & choice of words to 'fit in' with your fellow competitors by, at the very least - sometimes agreeing with the majority on some points even though you may personally think otherwise & thus out-last them.

This attitude of "I am right" no matter what, especially at tribals seems defeatist. Personally if I was in the eviction hot-seat at tribals I'd be doing & saying whatever it takes to get across the line. I mean, who remembers the person who came 8th 2 seasons ago BUT was TRUE to themselves??? & who cares - personally I'd rather be remembered for winning :cool:

Back