• George

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Flick

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Mixed/JLP

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The tweet is weird because the jury all know who won final immunity and who the F2 are. Not sure why they would post this.
Looks like it was filmed around the jury villa ( you can watch those videos as “extras” on 10 play) . Each of the jury would have filmed their thoughts before they had seen the results of the F3 challenge, so it’s all genuine predictions there.

Looks like it was filmed around the jury villa ( you can watch those videos as “extras” on 10 play) . Each of the jury would have filmed their thoughts before they had seen the results of the F3 challenge, so it’s all genuine predictions there.
Ahh ok I haven't watched them as I don't have access to 10play. I think someone has posted them on Reddit... but I just haven't taken the time to download them. Thanks for the explanation though, it seemed really odd!

So Sportsbet had Hayley correctly positioned as #1 from the get go hey? There were rumors swirling around too that the winner was known. The prerecorded finale & no live reunion just confirms this. Hope they go for a live reunion next time… I HATE Sportsbet. Spoilerbet more like it!

Anyway, top season of Survivor. Will be hard to best this one. 😁

So Sportsbet had Hayley correctly positioned as #1 from the get go hey? There were rumors swirling around too that the winner was known. The prerecorded finale & no live reunion just confirms this. Hope they go for a live reunion next time… I HATE Sportsbet. Spoilerbet more like it!

1.50 favourite from the start.

I saw a click-baity article on facebook late in the afternoon, saying "Did George just reveal that he won?".
I didn't read it and didn't mention it here so as to not spoil it for anyone (including myself) if it did turn out to be true.

Kaz said:
George came over as a smartarse.

IMO: He crashed & burned at the final hurdle

bleachy_dude said:
Hayley outplayed George in the final hurdle. I’m happy for her. 👏🏽 👏🏽
Yeah I agree with you all. Wow, George really blew it. The jury was always going to be a bit bitter, and I think the way to best approach that was to say, "hey, when you guys were still in the game, did you make each move to advance your own game, or someone else's? All of my moves were designed to edge myself ahead, one step at a time. It wasn't my job to play your game for you, only my own. I hope you understand that." By being a bit more humble he might have got them on side but he came across as an arrogant dick.

Well done Hayley, she deserved it - and George would have deserved it but for that woeful FTC performance.
My wrap up rant: :)

Yes, George stuffed up the final & most important challenge - how to address the jury.
He came across on so many levels as narcissistic & demanding, he didn't speak to the jury but, rather at them, he was condescending to most of them, sniping back at their questions with, I'm here & you're not so ner, ner, ner, ner ,ner... + I put you there, you lost because of me, I'm better & I'm not asking you for the win, I'm telling you to write my name, its my right.... etc etc
His political speech stuffed him up, he didn't own lying, deceiving & manipulating very well, he tried to use deflective speech to answer questions like a politician does & after someone asked him a question he repeatedly thanked them for the question & then reiterated that it was a good question, he did this to almost every question to the point that jury members were rolling their eyes and laughing. Politicians do that and it comes across as demeaning & gives a negative vibe. If someone did ask a really good interesting question, then, yes, say it to them - but not to every question.

The jury is a lot of pissed off people who were blindsided and lied to, you don't rub it in their face and try to twist the truth to suggest that they are there because of their own fault. The jury want to hear apologies for your lying, manipulation & deception + they want you to tell them if you played the game again that they would be sitting next to you - you really need to butter them up and pander to their bruised egos at final tribal - don't talk down to them.

The other big no no at final tribal is not to argue with jury members, George tried to use political speak to deflect Emmets question whereby Emmet repeated it 3 times, "George - you didn't answer my question" to which George argued with Emmet and he lost a few votes there too I think.
You can use 'political tactics' to navigate your way through Survivor to the top but you can't deliver a political speech at tribal as your final address.

I hated George because he came across as so narcissistic & would twist everything to make it appear he orchestrated virtually every maneuver. Your supposed to lie, manipulate & deceive the other players - not the viewers, we see what really happened and when you claim victory over something that you didn't do, it pisses me off.. So George, you played a great strategic game, you should have TRIED to finish every challenge, that could have been your own personal deception ie/ you'd already decided to give up, but for the camera's & the other players you would deceive them into thinking you're a fighter not a quitter. Your social game faltered as you yourself addressed the jury as friends & frenemies...You had no 'frenemies' just enemies - because you burnt almost everyone...

And Flick - she lost the game in day 47, she had the power with immunity, her sole goal should have been to set up the remainder of the game to her ultimate advantage - ie/ win the next ( & final )immunity challenge, the only way she could do that was be removing Hayley. If she won, then she could have take Cara to the final 2 & I doubt if Cara would have beaten her.
Flick should have figured it out that at any cost she needs to get rid of Hayley, she faltered here & was too wrapped up in her own immunity victory, she didn't really care what happened as she knew she was guaranteed final 3.

Flick needed to persuade Cara to vote Hayley not George, that would have been an easy persuasion as Cara probably never wanted to vote George anyway, she could have just told Cara, "I am voting Hayley no matter what, if you want to stay then vote Hayley, at the worst it would have been a fire making challenge." But she just let it slip away and George managed to convince Hayley to vote Cara and thus she got 2 votes.
Flick could have outlasted George & Cara on the final challenge, she had little hope of ever beating Hayley...

…Hayley won… big whoop… (at least Flick didn’t)… thanks for all of the fun throughout the whole season you wonderful people… until the next season… nite all… pleasant dreams… cheers.
Yeah feeling quite good about that too. In my opinion the right two went to FTC. I would have been a little disappointed if Flick had been there.

I hated George because he came across as so narcissistic & would twist everything to make it appear he orchestrated virtually every maneuver. Your supposed to lie, manipulate & deceive the other players - not the viewers, we see what really happened and when you claim victory over something that you didn't do, it pisses me off.. So George, you played a great strategic game, you should have TRIED to finish every challenge, that could have been your own personal deception ie/ you'd already decided to give up, but for the camera's & the other players you would deceive them into thinking you're a fighter not a quitter. Your social game faltered as you yourself addressed the jury as friends & frenemies...You had no 'frenemies' just enemies - because you burnt almost everyone...
I loved George during the game. Up until the final tribal he deserved the win.
However, as you say, that was his chance to flip again and turn all of his deceit to his advantage. A bit of "Yes I lied to you, but I had to because you were a fantastic player" would have gone a long way, rather than basically "I lied to you because I'm better than you and you don't deserve an explanation".

Hayley didn't so much win, as George lost.

I don't really buy the idea that George blew it at FTC -- his answers didn't really matter because it was clear that the Brawn jurors weren't going to vote for him because he wasn't good enough in Challenges or whatever.

Anyway, predictable winner result and a pretty lame and boring one too. I'm concerned about the state of Survivor as a whole given that you can get voted out and still be viewed as one of the best winners EVER, but this show has become a bit of a mess over the last few years anyway.

In the end, apart from his less than satisfying final tribal answers, they really didn't like George, whereas a lot of them - even the two George voters - seemed to genuinely like Hayley.

Whenever I think of this season I'll think of the absolute disdain and disgust Rachel had on her face in a scene where George was talking to her. Because that to me represented that he would never ever win survivor as he doesn't have the right personality for it.

I was quite disappointed with this season. It's pretty much become an extended Americanized version of AS. The other seasons seemed to utilize the time to really get to know the contestants & watching them interacting with each other & having fun at times. This season was 98% talk about strategy & gameplay & little else. Endless twists & endless idols are the thing I hate about the American version & now this one is like that too. IMO, the worst season yet.

I wonder why Wai was the only one that didn't ask a question. I guess it's consistent with her barely there gameplay.

I was quite disappointed with this season. It's pretty much become an extended Americanized version of AS. The other seasons seemed to utilize the time to really get to know the contestants & watching them interacting with each other & having fun at times. This season was 98% talk about strategy & gameplay & little else. Endless twists & endless idols are the thing I hate about the American version & now this one is like that too. IMO, the worst season yet.

I wonder why Wai was the only one that didn't ask a question. I guess it's consistent with her barely there gameplay.
And yet Dani got to have her say in response to someone else's question, before even asking her own.

It's pretty much become an extended Americanized version of AS. The other seasons seemed to utilize the time to really get to know the contestants & watching them interacting with each other & having fun at times. This season was 98% talk about strategy & gameplay & little else.

Honestly it's been going downhill each year starting with the first CvC. I'll gladly take this season over abysmal All-Stars but this franchise is certainly full of flaws and issues that sadly I don't think will be worked out any time soon.

Survivor isn't a show that should be going for 24 episodes. Because it means too many filler episodes. Cut down the contestants, episodes, and days for future seasons.

Also don't make it too obvious with your final two. You didn't even need to go to Sportsbet to know who would be in the final, because the edit of the show clearly did that for you. I think George and Hayley had the top two confession counts on the show this season.

At least I was consistent, I managed to make wrong calls for more than 50% of episodes,:p I'm pretty good at that ...
The easy picks were the attrition by majority alliance votes - which is why I didn't mind the extra idols & advantages as attrition by numbers has made me turn off the remainder of Survivor Seasons early .. Last year I tried to watch one of the first Survivors before idols ... omg how boring :)

^ not boring at all to watch people have to rely on their own devices rather than a get out of jail free card
I was waiting for George to point out at FTC that he was the only one of the final four who didn't get a free pass along the way.

Well thank god George didn't win. So glad Hayley won - she was the most deserving of the final three, and indeed the final 5 or so.

I always hate the final challenges on this - they're usually as excruciating to watch as they look like they are to take part in. Seems harsh to send them straight to tribal too but I like that all the campaigning is done there in open.

Yes.
George's opening speech was great, but his subsequent "I'm a politician, I lie, it's what I do" was an incredibly bad tactic.
Exactly - people usually go on such shows to dispel a myth - all he did was reinforce it. I think his biggest fault though was another commonly associated with greasy political snakes - a complete lack of humility. Hayley clearly respected the game and the position she found herself in and knew it wasn't to be taken for granted, whilst George showed very little of that and expected to be respected for the path he had taken. His main fault though probably goes back a few weeks - had he stuck with the brawns alliance at the point where a line had to be drawn the jury would have had a majority of brains voting which may have been more willing to reward a strategical game.

One question though about the final tribal - don't the finalists usually get a closing statement as well after the questions to wrap things up?

Anyway, predictable winner result and a pretty lame and boring one too. I'm concerned about the state of Survivor as a whole given that you can get voted out and still be viewed as one of the best winners EVER, but this show has become a bit of a mess over the last few years anyway.
Which years was the show less messy for you? The year Kristy or Jericho or Pia won?

IMO the best survivor players have won over the last couple seasons and i’m thankful for that.

Back