Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 22 Discussion

What do you think makes for the perfect or best rounded immunity challenge?

• Physical ie/ running, strength based, carrying heavy crap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mental ie/ puzzles, spelling, problem solving

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Endurance ie/ hanging onto stuff, holding stuff, waiting for your competition to falter first

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Physical & mental

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Physical & endurance

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Physical, mental & endurance

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Mental & endurance

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • None of the above, something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter, they're all rigged for who ever the producers want to win that particular episode

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
I have a feeling George and Hayley will be the final 2 and Hayley will win.
After all the episodes we've had to sit through of him not leaving we need a 9-0 thrashing in the final in return. Or 5-4 with Cara being the casting vote against him - that would be satisfying. Shame on producers too for ruining tomorrows episode with that teaser - far too much of a spoiler.

Flick should have been open about her idol and let them scramble for votes. I think there is a strong chance Wei and Hayley would then have voted with her - and the lines would be drawn moving forward giving Flick more angles to work with. There was little advantage really to her keeping it secret considering they had the numbers to split the votes.

She had to use it, as the last time you're allowed to use an idol is when 5 people are left...
Oh yeah, thanks.
Still, it was nice seeing her not get what she wanted, as she was so smug about it.
I mean, George is as smug as hell, but that's his shtick. Flick, Dani etc didn't have shtick, they were just genuinely arrogant and entitled, and sulky when things didn't go right.

Also one last observation seeing as Wai is out. Her accent has a decidedly American edge to it. Anyone know why?
I have a dim memory from the first episode of Wai saying she lived in New York, and that she had no experience of the outdoors and didn't like it.

Was Hayley wrongly crowned winner of the immunity challenge

It's not lined up.

So I did a little digging on this. Got some really interesting findings.

So, when JLP explains the challenge, and we get our quick run-through, we see the puzzle gets built, and our final image is:

survivor fake.png

This is exactly what Hayley has for her puzzle. However, if we cut back a couple of frames, to the purple puzzle, we get:
survivor real.png

The first thing that I notice is that this pattern makes a lot more sense, and it clearly shows that the producers cut to Hayley's puzzle in hopes that no one would notice this puzzle change. (It catches a few people on that Twitter thread "Nah itā€™s correct. This is a picture (first picture) from when they were showing how to do the challenge.")
If this purple puzzle is correct (which yeah, it is) This means Hayley wasn't wrong in just one puzzle place, she was wrong in three:
puzzle correct.png
From what I can tell, block 1 needs to be flipped, and pieces 2 and 3 need to be swapped and flipped. It's a little hard to tell with the glare. But yeah, Hayley should not have won this.

In the US version, didn't/doesn't Probst make everyone stop while he checks a player's call? This pattern was too detailed to decide at a glance, which is why JLP made the mistake.

Last edited:
2 and 3 should be flipped and swapped. 1 just needs to be flipped.

By flipped I mean rotated 180 degrees ofc.

OK you guys have an hour to start a thread with a decent poll or I'll start one with a real lame one about Kez or Joey.

In the US version, didn't/doesn't Probst make everyone stop while he checks a player's call? This pattern was too detailed to decide at a glance, which is why JLP made the mistake.
Yes, and that's what happens here to with all players supposedly stopping whilst the check is done. I guess the rules will always state that JLPs (or the producers) decision is final, even if it's the wrong one - so the challenge isn't completing the puzzle correctly, it's completing it to sufficient extent to convince JLP it is correct.

Duchess of Double Bay
If Flick hadnā€™t won immunity she would have been voted out that night. George and I both thought we needed Hayley to beat Flick at the immunity endurance challenge. But I decided last minute to vote for George to back myself in the immunity challenge.

Back