Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 18 Discussion

How many advantages / idols etc should there be?

• Every 5th episode

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Every 2nd episode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every episode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple idols & advantages per episode

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The limit has been surpassed ages ago

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Bring it on, unlimited idols & advantages all the time

• About what they've been doing this season is OK

• They've completely screwed it...

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
…Emmet has finally gone!… I’m so fucking happy!… sucked in Emmet!… anyway… great result and thanks for the fun everyone…I’d like to thank the Acadamy… I’d like to thank my parents… I’d like to than… hmmmmm!… wrong speech… erm… let’s just say that I’m a tad bit happy eh?… so goodnight all… pleasant dreams… cheers.

And thats exactly why he won't win, he has made too many enemies. Also a bit ridiculous this season that whenever George/Cara are in trouble they magically find an idol/advantage.
Bitter jury members are the worst! Celebrate the best gameplay!

In the end him winning is less important to me as him sticking around longer to keep the game interesting.

George continues to be AMAZING.
He manages to go from the bottom to flushing the plant-based superman, and with all the style of his own DID YOU GET THAT TULLY? moment :p and without Cara needing to use their idol.
Plus he had another funny moment when he told Cara to "stick it back in your boobs".

This used to be a game of physicality and strategy. Now it's a game of fucking "find the idol conveniently placed by producers". That scene just pissed me off tonight and ruined what was an interesting episode tonight - indeed they could have edited it out and let us all think it was strategy. As much as it pisses me off producers pet George remains it was absolutely right for Hayley and Wei to team up with George and Cara - especially Hayley. For me if she makes the final four with those three she wins - but now Cara has an Idol which will inevitably save George again Hayley will probably be the victim of that.

I'd have absolutely no respect for George and Cara if they made the final two - they've got so far thanks to producers, not their own game play. Hopefully the jury see it that way as well.

This used to be a game of physicality and strategy. Now it's a game of fucking "find the idol conveniently placed by producers". That scene just pissed me off tonight and ruined what was an interesting episode tonight - indeed they could have edited it out and let us all think it was strategy. As much as it pisses me off producers pet George remains it was absolutely right for Hayley and Wei to team up with George and Cara - especially Hayley. For me if she makes the final four with those three she wins - but now Cara has an Idol which will inevitably save George again Hayley will probably be the victim of that.

I'd have absolutely no respect for George and Cara if they made the final two - they've got so far thanks to producers, not their own game play. Hopefully the jury see it that way as well.
Yes, as soon as they started showing how much George or Cara needed an idol, and focussing on them searching for it, you knew that one would magically appear. It's just the way things happen in Survivor now.

I'm not sure the other players would be able to perceive producer interference because they aren't privy to how easy it all looks. They probably attribute it more to George being a lucky cockroach who manages to scramble to safety at the last minute, rather than seeing him as a mastermind or producer's pet/

Oooh I might throw my Conspire-acy hat on...
The producers have approached the Labor Party for a life-line / government grant (when they get back in power) by keeping George in at any costs the promote the Labor Party.... As George has been lately spruiking about how he is selfless and puts his community first before himself blah, blah, blah, lies. lies, lies, political party vomit etc etc etc in some vain attempt to make the Labor Party look good...
But now its turning into one of those ridiculous situations where its becoming unbelievable due to the amount of idols / advantages the Producers have to throw George (I mean its almost one per episode to keep him in :D:p:conf::meh::roflmao:)
The producers be like: OMG AGAIN ??? - Put in another Idol, + some bizarre advantage!!! OK now make it so the 4 weakest women can only be voted with a running physical challange, --- AND another Idol, put it on the path in front of him with the paper sticking up, what'd'ya mean he missed it, put a big yellow bow on it with a flashing neon light ------------> IMUNNITY IDOL THIS WAY...
OK, well maybe not :sneaky:
I actually think Emmett stuffed himself by basically telling Hayley she is 5th in their alliance
Yes, that was his downfall. You'd think by now that people would have a solid game plan going in to Survivor and one contingency would be this very conversation - that is, recruiting people to your alliance or confirming their allegiance to you. AND Survivor 101 for this conversation is make all the people you talk with feel that they are in the top 3, don't mention them last in your alliance :bang:, make them think they're #2 or #3 and that way they're less likely to blindside you...
…maybe if Cara saves George… will my neverending dream of Emmet going come to fruition?… keep still my beating heart!… cheers.
What a classic play, Emmet gets chucked out by majority vote & Cara doesn't have to use her idol to save George :)

The person who really needs the idol to survive always looks the hardest. Plus they don't show boring footage of everyone looking every episode. It's the same on US survivor, someone who would otherwise be voted off at every tribal often goes on an idol-finding spree, because once you've found a couple it is easier to predict likely places, and because when you're desperate, you don't stop looking.

I also think given Simon went out with two idols, there really should be more idols out there by the nature of the game returning idols as they are played or left with the player unplayed. So it is not a surfeit of idols for me. Anyway, as it's George and/or Cara finding them, I am not unhappy. Kez kept finding them earlier on in the game and no-one squealed about producer plants; Simon found two in short succession, also. Some people just have an eye for detail...and with no jungle foliage, the sorts of hiding places traditionally used are less available.

Back