Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor: Brains V Brawn - Episode 12 Discussion

You can only save one show. Which would you keep?

• Total voters
Dani made the move too early I reckon, she should have kept it to herself a bit longer - the minute Simon loses a challenge he will lose an idol - it will be everyone vs Simon then anyways.. And then he's a shield to deflect attention off other more calculating individuals ;) I get that she's trying to make moves, but part of the game is making moves at the right time. As it stands now, she has little to no chance of winning this game. If Haley wants her out, she's gone baby!

It's going to be interesting to see how Haley smooths things over with Dani though.. If Dani is smart she will get proper revenge.

I agree, I don't thin that was particularly Dani's best move to make. Simon honestly probably would have used one of the idols to save her or Chelsea, it seemed like he was loyal to a fault with the two of them. I get he's an obvious target with 2 idols, but now what, she was on the outs of the original brawn anyway and now the brain's think she tried to take control and were happy for her to be the plan b. I think the move actually benefits Flick more than anyone. Dani coulda just let Simon be the big merge target and likely pocketed his jury vote. I don't think the move was necessarily bad, but not really the optimal one for her. And now there 7 brains vs 6 brawn in merge. But also unlikely that George and Cara will work with them.

I don't blame Dani for striking while the iron was hot. It was the perfect time to do it, with him completely trusting his alliance as he did. Once he'd revealed he had two idols, alarm bells obviously went off in her head that he just had too much power. Her worst move was not considering a Plan B and just assuming Flick would take the hit if her plan failed. She's incredibly lucky he's just too trusting/not that bright.

Finally caught up - please don't air 12 episodes over the Olympic period again!

Not caught up with the threads yet but just not feeling this series as much as the previous ones, possibly because I've been watching them without discussing them. I'm just finding nobody to get behind really and I do think it is over produced, mainly with far too many hidden immunity idols, which ruins the gameplay a bit.

That said it is leagues ahead of it's Big Brother counterpart and stunningly filmed (it's criminal 10 stick promotions for other programmes over the entire programme). That said although the Outback provides a stunning backdrop all these shows have evolved to the point where it's irrelevant - you can pretty much have the base camps, challenge areas and tribal anywhere - they're just sets.

Simon's blindside was inevitable and it turns out well timed with merge one show away, although I'd have thought keeping him a bit longer as a shield once the tribes merge would have been wise. Also surely Flick must have realised that if everyone voted for Simon when Simon was voting for her that by voting for Simon herself she was risking her own elimination should he play the idol. As far the show portrayed she wasn't in on the votes for Dani, even though that would have been the wise way for her to vote.

I'm just finding nobody to get behind really and I do think it is over produced, mainly with far too many hidden immunity idols, which ruins the gameplay a bit.
Neither am I, this year I have taken the opposite stance - instead of having a favourite per se, I focus on characters I despise & channel all my energy into yelling instructions & advice at the TV on how they should be eliminated, :p
I don't mind the idols - the more the merrier I believe. I like that it upsets the gameplay when it becomes an attrition by numbers game ie/ the alliance with the larger numbers just picks off the other side one by one & it becomes boring to watch.. at least with idols & advantages it can stir the pot & produce a different outcome.
That said it is leagues ahead of it's Big Brother counterpart and stunningly filmed (it's criminal 10 stick promotions for other programmes over the entire programme). That said although the Outback provides a stunning backdrop all these shows have evolved to the point where it's irrelevant - you can pretty much have the base camps, challenge areas and tribal anywhere - they're just sets.
I relate to this too - I have been quite taken back by the beauty of the area they filmed this season in. I'm probably about 1000 km's from Cloncurry, but its now on The List :) Definitely want to visit there at some point...

One thing I hate about Australian television these days is how they have such big logo's down the bottom right of the screen, sometimes blocking almost 10% of the show advertising The Bachelor or whatever.. I can't even watch 10 Peach or 9 Go due to the massive bright logo they have - I end up getting so distracted and annoyed by the bright logo, I end up downloading whatever I want to watch so it doesn't have their stupid logo covering the bottom right corner of the screen.
Simon's blindside was inevitable and it turns out well timed with merge one show away, although I'd have thought keeping him a bit longer as a shield once the tribes merge would have been wise. Also surely Flick must have realised that if everyone voted for Simon when Simon was voting for her that by voting for Simon herself she was risking her own elimination should he play the idol. As far the show portrayed she wasn't in on the votes for Dani, even though that would have been the wise way for her to vote.
I'm not sure if its a prompted or encouraged comment suggestion by the producers, but it now seems almost inevitable as when someone starts spruiking that they are the king, they're running the game, it's MY GAME - then within a few episodes they get blind sided. I have noticed it more this year, that once they start along this path of commentary they only last a few episodes before Ch 10 advertise the hell out of the upcoming EPIC episode and their inevitable downfall ...

I liked how Hayley used her idol to help her alliance gain power in the brawn tribe. But apart from that the idol plays haven't been that great.

I liked how Hayley used her idol to help her alliance gain power in the brawn tribe. But apart from that the idol plays haven't been that great.
I also liked that. Hayley has shown astute ability to utilise tools around her. Sure, she got lucky that Was and Andrew won immunity and that she had an idol. But how many people would have just let the brawn group just vote and they risk the idol getting wasted by actually simply guessing who they voted. She was able to leverage it and managed to scare the brawn tribe to the point of not only saving herself and Baden, she keeps her idol and also sent home a brawn member and allowed cracks to really form hard within the brawn tribe. And luckily for her those crack had been emerging long before. I really like her thinking of the game and how she plays. Her plan to make Dani plan b over Flick likely results in Flick trusting her over the brawn members, along with her own idol I think Hayley is well positioned to do extremely well in the merge. She is easily my winner pick.

Yes, Hayley is someone who is easy to support - though to be honest not many have made moves which further themselves deeper into the game. Would like to see Wai do well too and I think as people start targeting the bigger fish she should be able to coast through to top 6 or so quite easily now.

Has there been no tipping comp this year?

Back