Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor All Stars (2020) - Episode 9 Discussion

The Phoebe storyline (or maybe it's just her bad strategy) haven't been explained that well for me. In this episode she seemed to want to get back closer with David but she had just spilt David's whole plan to Nick who he sees as his biggest rival.

The producers mess with us don't they! Had us all half believing that Matt's little get-Locky plan might even work.
But the Power Couple Alliance circled the wagons, so John predictably left.

David, Matt and Phoebe should get together, and try to draw Sharn across. Otherwise they're all going one by one.

I had Brooke and Lee as favourites - see no need to change my mind

Really annoys me when editors think their narrative is better than the reality and the show really let itself down here.

They edited the obvious but Phoebe going for $500 made sense to us as viewers from the story had been told. Moana doing so doesn't and it would have been far more interesting to see why that happened and the reaction to it, especially when in the interview after she branded Phoebe selfish for doing so. It may play a factor in her departure which may be imminent considering how much they're featuring her at the moment.

The extra social media stuff is more interesting to me after the season is over. As it's going on I prefer the suspense of just following the storyline so it's harder to predict what will happen, when it's undermined by social media it's even clearer what the storyline is heading towards. And spoiler people will be picking apart every social media comment as well. Shows that are filmed in advance are twisted to make the final outcome more logical for those who don't like a more complicated storyline.

The new ad says one of
Harry, Shonee, Flick, Mat, David
will go. It seems to be a new approach, to let you know who is definitely safe. Four of those would be fine by me.

Not all of them are from the same tribe. (Is that correct.)

Four are on one tribe and only one on the other. So if #5's tribe lose immunity, we'll know they are going. Oops channel TEN promo department!

Last edited:
Four are on one tribe and only one on the other. So if #️5's tribe lose immunity, we'll know they are going. Oops channel TEN promo department!
Surely they wouldn't be so stupid? Glad I'm not running tipping as they appear to have given away that that person's tribe wins the immunity challenge.

Not going to look at that but not the sort of promo I think they should be running, especially on All Stars. Chances are though they might "go" to Exile Beach and come back 5 minutes later.

Actually finding myself this year not really backing either tribe or the other and actually somewhat sitting back and enjoying the individual games too - with the likes of Mat and David it's just as fun to watch their games work as it is to watch them potentially implode.

Not going to look at that but not the sort of promo I think they should be running, especially on All Stars. Chances are though they might "go" to Exile Beach and come back 5 minutes later.

Actually finding myself this year not really backing either tribe or the other and actually somewhat sitting back and enjoying the individual games too - with the likes of Mat and David it's just as fun to watch their games work as it is to watch them potentially implode.

If I had the choice and TEN didn't ram the ad down our throats every five minutes, I would have chosen not to watch it either. They have re-edited and changed the ad a lot now, I noticed while watching Dancing With The Stars last night.

I agree that this season isn't necessarily about wanting a favourite to win, because in my opinion none of them stand out as hugely likable people and are all somewhat shady in their own way. So it comes down to who provides the entertainment.

Back