Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor All Stars (2020) - Episode 7 Discussion

I'm ok with the result, obviously the edit helps that and I liked Shonee going into this season anyway.

The twist was done in a weird way. I suppose they did blindside the tribe they left to a degree, but it just felt like they handled similar tribe switches at tribal better in the past. It wasn't clear how it was decided which tribe Shonee and Zak would join. It would have made more sense if it was either the tribes choice or Shonee/Zak's choice. Obviously with their being two of them they might not have agreed as to which one to join.

The music is still too over the top at times. In the latest tribal we weren't told it was the last vote so I assume it wasn't, but the music built up to such a degree before it you knew it would be the last vote read out and that Abbey was going.

And the edit seems to have some problems still. Obviously it is always a big cast, but we have had seven episodes now and I don't feel we have seen anything of Flick or Jacqui for instance, some others too.

Same here. Liked Abbey last season, disliked her this time. Hated Dave last time and while I still don't love him, I'm finding him less aggravating this time.

I liked David last time and this time. But I agree more on Abbey. I liked her turning against Janine and Pia before, it made it much more interesting. Here she was on the boring side who needed to get toppled.

Again though, this version does emphasise physical strength so much it's no wonder you get these alliances all about strength, they know that's the big card to play. Some players are even put in largely for that, John definitely, Lee perhaps (he's hardly featured anyway), Tarzan will never be a gameplayer but he's at least a character?, Locky is supposed to have a social game I guess, Lydia is all about strength though she's also very determined about the game.

The music is still too over the top at times. In the latest tribal we weren't told it was the last vote so I assume it wasn't, but the music built up to such a degree before it you knew it would be the last vote read out and that Abbey was going.

Yes, the Australian version signposts the result far too much. The music and the huge pause before reading the deciding vote takes away the element of surprise you get in the US version.

I've found it hard to choose who to support, but I think I've settled on wanting to see Nick/Harry/Shonee do well. I don't like Shonee's smugness but I appreciate her determination and resiliance in the face of being the underdog.I don't like the sporty or cool kids alliance, nor Mat Rogers. I do like Moana, and if she continues to put in the effort she did in this episode then she could be a contender.

Abbey playing the it's all in the editing card.
Elsewhere she has been saying she didn't enjoy this season because of all the bitching and egos. (But that describes her gameplay - oh that editing).

Abbey playing the it's all in the editing card.
Elsewhere she has been saying she didn't enjoy this season because of all the bitching and egos. (But that describes her gameplay - oh that editing).

Her game play was about getting rid of the social threats though. Which would have worked if aus survivor for some reason had to have 24 episodes.

Hate Exile Beach, hate non-elimination episodes, hate tribe swaps. That was all just pointless, and as well as the non-exile to exile beach what didn't sit well was how the tribe swap was supposedly random but producers chose who to put Shonee and Zach with.

Would have been better and had a point if Zach and Shonee had come back and they got to choose the new tribes.

Glad Abbey went though.

I've just caught up on the weeks episodes tonight and just have to say having no exile challenge and no one eliminated was sooooo disappointing. What a beat up for nothing. Tribe swap seemed a bit soon too? Especially given the tribes were fairly balanced number wise.

Glad though that Shonee survived. Still really enjoying her, though I know she's not going to win it as she's too front and centre in the narrative to survive until the end. I'm hopeful she'll get to merge though.

Back