Skip to main content

Australian Survivor 2024 Titans vs Rebels Promo

Zcsund1234

I'm sure everyone is well aware, the new season starts Feb 5. The second cast of ALL NEWBIES since 2017. There is virtually no leaks or spoilers out there yet. I think these days Australian Survivor is probably my favourite RTV franchise that genuinely excites me the way Big Brother used to. Looking forward to it!

The only 10 stream I could ever get to play was 10 Shake, and apparently that's now Nickelodeon. Good grief. Have considered buying one of those VPN boxes you connect to your router at home so you can access your home network when travelling, except install it at my sister's place in Melbourne, and stream from here via her NBN connection. But I rarely need it and she's a total technophobe. I'd need to go to Australia to plug it in and check it was working in person.

George and Jonny Fairplay (From US seasons 7&16) will be hosting viewing parties for the first three episodes in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. I just bought a VIP ticket for the premiere watchparty in Melbourne!

The SurvivorAU Instagram page has updated the premiere date to Monday January 29th, a week earlier than initially.

Yep, lost half it's audience on night two. It's now being rushed out with episdoes every night for two weeks. Got what it deserved though - if you put no investment into it you won't get a pay off. The BBC revival did put the money into it and got their highest rated "new" Saturday night show in about a decade.

Glad Survivor now benefits - never made sense to me to premiere it a week later than 7/9 would start their new shows.

I’m not going to lie, it’s been nice not to have any daily / weekly shows to try to keep up with. However, I’m quite excited for new Survivor AND Idol to start tomorrow night. I’ll watch survivor so I can chat here with whomever else is watching along and watch idol on catch up!

Bring it on!

I’m not going to lie, it’s been nice not to have any daily / weekly shows to try to keep up with. However, I’m quite excited for new Survivor AND Idol to start tomorrow night. I’ll watch survivor so I can chat here with whomever else is watching along and watch idol on catch up!

Bring it on!
Same here. It's been nice not being tied to the tv, and I've had Netflix and Disney+ since xmas when I bought a firestick.
Now I'll have to accommodate Survivor, Idol and MAFS all on the same night.
But I can use catch-up on the stick to watch any of them later (or live, with better reception than I get on free to air TEN).

It’s actually been a long while since I’ve watched anything on tv. I think survivor is the only show I actually watch on FTA anymore. And most of the time I catch up on it through paramount plus on my Apple TV.

LOL - how different things are here in the UK. Having had The Traitors throughout January, which has been about as perfect as reality TV can get, I now feel like I need a break from TV for a few months.
;)

Will likely jump on board this again though - it's one of the best shows out there, though if I'm honest with myself has been off the boil a bit for a couple of years and is somewhat trading off the goodwill built up in it's early years. Hopefully a completely new cast will make it feel fresh once again.

I've wanted to start watching the traitors. I have heard so many good things about both the US and the UK versions, not so much from the Aussie version. It's next on my list. But right now BBUK is the top of my priority to return now that holiday season is over and my schedule is more normal again.

I am never really a superstitious person, but the general pattern of Australian Survivor is that every second seasn is not as positivly receieved in comparison to the other patterned group;

2016: Great Pre merge, Bad post merge but interesting end game. Mostly looked favourably on for its cast and narrative.
2017: Universally looked at as one of the best seasons globally.
2018: A very average season. A great post merge but the cast is very meh. People seem to either be very high or pretty average on it.
2019: Another season with a lot of differing opinions, super fans don't like the editing but the casuals loved it.
2020: Obviously All Stars was just shit all around. Neither super fans nor casuals liked it.
2021: Despite it's editing it is beloved by casuals and super fans just as much as it is hated. It is very much an important season tho.
2022: Blood vs water like All Stars sucked, no one liked it. Not even the casuals.
2023: Like 2017 it is considered to be a top tier season globally. And a huge amount of casuals and super fans love George.

So the pattern would suggest we're in for a dud season coming off the back of Heroes vs Villains. But I am hopeful that a cast of all newbies who are all for the most part not well known bar a small few, will actually make for entertaining viewing.

I am hopeful. I really am.

I've enjoyed them all somewhat, and most of the contestants apart from Samantha Gash and Mark Wales, who drag things down.
He was out early in his first season and it was good despite him.

I've always said this with Big Brother and it's the same with Survivor but the series almost always suffers when it is built around one person - suggests the rest aren't worthy of airtime. I think too one or two unenjoyable characters can just make the series a stinker, even if they are outnumbered by characters you enjoy.

The big issue last year is we were largely watching George's account of the season rather than observing it from all angles.

Yeah that’s Australian survivors biggest issue. It’s the extreme focus put on 1-6 characters per episode, all of whom are having the same confessional repeated 12 times each.

Back