Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 8 Discussion

The new Champion tribe is really starting to annoy me now.
Particularly the continued survival of David, Luke, Daisy and Andy.

I must say swimming against a current and almost drowning under a breathing hole are my idea of dual hell, I'd pretty much rather do anything else.

Casey > Pia I suspect, not just in the challenge, wish we'd seen more of her.

I like David more than I've liked Luke. Luke's confessionals last year were just 'I'm the boss!' 'I'm the king!', David at least has more to say and he seems to communicate better.

I must have missed something but I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about with Andy. Nearly of them had agreed to want Sarah out, so why would they be upset that he revealed her plan to go after Daisy? I think all that upset was just to try and blindside Sarah a bit. Happy with the result.

More gameplayers than usual which is good. Harry though was invisible the first six episodes, it's weird when you get the introduction to someone in the 8th episode. I know we had Shane's introduction video just before she won last year, but that seemed an anomaly.

Ugh my fire alarm at uni went off so I had to evacuate my building and missed the end of the challenge - tribal council when Sarah went. Can someone explain to me what happened????
Sarah talked to Andy about getting Baden back on board and voting out Daisy. Andy went straight to blab to Daisy, which Sarah overheard when she walked past. She then ran into Luke and David and one of the contenders, told them about it and David (having already seemingly agreed to vote off Sarah with their alliance) said he would vote out Andy, and that was agreed as the plan. It ended up being Sarah blindsided, basically because they think Andy is stupid.

Andy is more useful in challenges than Sarah anyway.

Andy is exceptionally bad at gameplay. He is lucky he is good in challenges.

Practice and knowing what challenges involve helps.

I don't really take seriously all the 'I'm a genius' stuff which sounds either scripted or very strongly producer encouraged at least. He's definitely ahead of that comedy guy from last year, Steve I think he was called. Shane was actually a comedy feature with her searching for idols early on.

Last edited:
He's been nothing but cocky from the start, I doubt we'll see a nice side now.

LOL, don't you find him amusing? He makes me laugh regularly
I love how excited he is to get to use his brain
I don't see nasty there,I see a zest for life, I love players who play with zest and fun, like Luke

David and Luke are so charismatic

LOL, don't you find him amusing? He makes me laugh regularly
I love how excited he is to get to use his brain
I don't see nasty there,I see a zest for life, I love players who play with zest and fun, like Luke

David and Luke are so charismatic

Nah, not my kind of people.
Maybe they are playing characters for television, but they're not characters I enjoy watching or feel like rewarding.
There's nothing wrong with strategising and having a laugh, but not at the expense of others.
I prefer players like Parvati from the American series, who is a masterclass in how to outwit, outlast, outcharm and outplay everyone without making it personal.

More excited about the Adonis vs. Adonis Survivor preview than the actual Bachelor show the ad is playing during.
For a change I'm going to be home to watch both episodes. They both promise much but one will end in a whimper I reckon.

Andy is more useful in challenges than Sarah anyway.

Practice and knowing what challenges involve helps.

I don't really take seriously all the 'I'm a genius' stuff which sounds either scripted or very strongly producer encouraged at least. He's definitely ahead of that comedy guy from last year, Steve I think he was called. Shane was actually a comedy feature with her searching for idols early on.
He still looks like an 80s real estate agent or used car salesman.

He still looks like an 80s real estate agent or used car salesman.

Looks are just looks though, it's a pet peeve of mine when people bring that up as a reason to dislike someone on reality shows. I'm much more ok with someone disliking someone for their actions, even if I interpret things differently.

Back