Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2019) - Episode 3 Discussion

One thing I don't think Aussies have quite got the hang of is the double-bluff aspect of Survivor.
At tribal council they pretty much blurt out who they are voting for and why.
Bradbury even said he likes the "outlast" and "outplay" but not the "outwit".
Because, thinking is hard?

Gifts aren't tax deductible: but charitible donations are.
I am aware of this lol. I was talking about a charity, i.e. a DGR, not Luke.

Haha. When you ask your boss for a raise, do you tell him/her how much of a pauper you are / how badly you need to buy a *fill in blank* as your justification, and is he/she generous?

*smartTV/home cinema
I'm not really following. Didn't mean to offend?? Just how I would think were I on the jury. You and others may think different. No big deal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

So glad that Super 7 alliance is already broke - that would have made boring viewing. Always obvious though which tribe is going to tribal council from the pre-challenge edit - we saw very little real discussion from the Contenders about potentail evicteees other than a bit of lip service about Baden. And if you don't work it out there the musical cues usually give away the conclusion.

I think Steven Bradbury will go soon - first again the edit gives it away (as it does for Andy on the contenders tribe), and secondly he just seems like a bit of a jerk. I quite like Nova - she is playing and playing hard, but in a way which is potentially entertaining.

Guess though this week shows the beauty of Survivor - can go from being in a dominant 7-4 alliance to the wrong side of a 6-4 alliance in one vote.

One thing I don't think Aussies have quite got the hang of is the double-bluff aspect of Survivor.
At tribal council they pretty much blurt out who they are voting for and why.
Bradbury even said he likes the "outlast" and "outplay" but not the "outwit".
Because, thinking is hard?

Could be a bluff. He reminded me of Brian a few days ago, so we'll see.

I'm not sure a lot of the audience fully like the gameplay aspect, but it is about beating everyone else and not just being nice.

Andy is a bit like Benji 2.0, and I liked how Benji stirred things up in the end even though most of the audience didn't like him.

The start of this episode was a load of introductions, and I had a feeling one of them would be the one to go.

This vote was apparently based on strength, the first elimination in this tribe definitely wasn't though. There are many physical duel challenges or team challenges with a strong physical element. It's like it's to showcase those like the gold digger and ET, when their main showcase would normally be when it gets to individual immunity. I'm not sure why Ross got picked before ET in the reward challenge.

Luke's remark at the vote was meant to sound cheeky I guess but I thought it sounded silly/mean.

Last edited:
Luke's remark at the vote was meant to sound cheeky I guess but I thought it sounded silly/mean.

Yes, Susie had done nothing to hurt or offend anyone, so didn't deserve to go out being mocked like that. Luke would do well to cut down on the jokes that really aren't that funny and save his boasting for when he really does outplay somebody.

I am aware of this lol. I was talking about a charity, i.e. a DGR, not Luke.

I'm not really following. Didn't mean to offend?? Just how I would think were I on the jury. You and others may think different. No big deal. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh, no offence. Sorry, I didnt explain well. I was pointing out reward for performance using a workplace example i.e. generally, people don't get pay rises and bonuses because they are worse off than colleagues, but your view is of course your view too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo hoo, I'm glad the pink people won again last night.
The only one on the champions side I'd like to see get somewhere is Janine - probably because she's about the only one I know about, and what a good business woman she is.
I think John likes to think he's the next Nick Cummings!
Luke is really irritating!

I think Susie was the easiest member of the alliance for Luke's alliance to target because it still kept the tribe strong for future challenges and it made it easier for people like Abbey and Ross to flip their votes.

Reactions: kxk
Woo hoo, I'm glad the pink people won again last night.
The only one on the champions side I'd like to see get somewhere is Janine - probably because she's about the only one I know about, and what a good business woman she is.
I think John likes to think he's the next Nick Cummings!
Luke is really irritating!
Whoops, that was just for what was in the box, they're competing again now!

EDIT - Yay, they did it!

Last edited:
Unexpected things emerging on Survivor:
1. Bradbury as a villain
2. Mullet Miner is emerging fan fave
3. Luke's friendship with male model

Expected things emerging on Survivor:
1. Janine could talk her way out of literally anything
2. Luck won't save Bradbury twice
3. Politician Nova is (surprise!) shady as hell

Wha? He totally outplayed them here, and kept his idol to boot. His ability to quickly develop friendships, and exploit them, is his THING.

I don't think he did anything particularly clever with Susie. He just chose her as the one to go and was lucky that one of the sportspeople was ready to flip. I wasn't criticising that anyway - it's his smartarse attitude that grates.

What a great episode. Luke and his alliance did an impressive job of getting Abbey and Ross to flip on the athletes alliance so early on in the game. Janine did the best pitch ever to save herself at tribal council as well. Look, her advice did slow the Champions down in the challenge but they caught up and were at one point equal when throwing those bean bags. They just had shit throwers.

Could be a bluff. He reminded me of Brian a few days ago, so we'll see.

I'm not sure a lot of the audience fully like the gameplay aspect, but it is about beating everyone else and not just being nice.

Andy is a bit like Benji 2.0, and I liked how Benji stirred things up in the end even though most of the audience didn't like him.

The start of this episode was a load of introductions, and I had a feeling one of them would be the one to go.

This vote was apparently based on strength, the first elimination in this tribe definitely wasn't though. There are many physical duel challenges or team challenges with a strong physical element. It's like it's to showcase those like the gold digger and ET, when their main showcase would normally be when it gets to individual immunity. I'm not sure why Ross got picked before ET in the reward challenge.

It did sound very skiting.

Back