Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 21 Discussion

I can't stand Shonee, but I'm on board with her next vote if it gets Brian voted out. Unlikable she may be but she's not stupid, so she'll pin Fenella going on Brian not sticking to the plan,

Am I the only one thinking a producer might as well have broken the fourth wall, walked in, handed Sharn the idol and walked out. It was that transparent a set up her finding the idol like some Christmas miracle.

Probably but then all reality shows are manipulated to a certain extent to create a better storyline. Brian was the one who really stuffed things up. If he had voted for Shane as was the plan she would have went and then he could have got Sharn out next but his ego got in the way.

There's no doubt Brian was a dickhead, but Sharn found that idol WAY TOO EASY. At this point in the game there should be no new idols. It was a total gimme, the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. If she wins, this season is 1000000% RIGGED.

To be fair, everyone's idols were pretty easy and straightforward to find. Unless I'm forgetting something, they were all either in fairly plain sight, or the contestants were basically told by a not-that-hidden clue exactly where to find it just about every time.

Last edited:
What was that?! Disgustingly bad move. Immediately the idol was found I thought split the votes and Shane goes home. What happened made absolutely no sense whatsoever. They weren't even stupid enough to not realise they couldn't split votes. I just don't get it, at all. I like some surprises on Survivor but when it makes sense. This makes zero sense. The only possible logic is that Brian actually wanted to split Shonella and had this planned with the others, but I don't think that makes sense at this stage.

Anyway away from the weirdness, I thought Brian did well with his weight to win the immunity, it seemed set up for someone lighter to get it, though strength was obviously needed as well. He could have given it to Shonee though as he just made a bigger target for himself.

At the tribal they seemed to be talking about the future more which made it seem a done deal.

I'm not exactly sure why the other side were targeting Fenella over Shonee either.

The previous episode was more predictable, though some might question whether it was worth targeting Steve so soon it really worked out fine. Mat was upset at jury that his buddy had been voted out and said he wouldn't vote for whoever was behind it. Neither him or Steve come across that well, they need to realise they are losers and played a worse game even if they have a vote to decide the winner.

Even the edit saying that Shane and Sharn were clever in influencing things didn't make any sense, they had no cards to play as it was shown to us. Maybe if they made out they had two idols, that would have been hard to convince but at least it would have given a reason.

Am I the only one thinking a producer might as well have broken the fourth wall, walked in, handed Sharn the idol and walked out. It was that transparent a set up her finding the idol like some Christmas miracle.

It might as well have happened, yeah.
It was painfully obvious tonight when they even showed Sharn loking for an idol, that she was going to walk straight into one, otherwise the scene wouldn't have made the edit. Same as the way they wouldn't bother showing Brian gloating about his plan if it was all set to go smoothly.
It's all just television shorthand.

There was a similar signposting of what would happen tonight on The Block, where one team who have never won suddenly turned up to judging in bridesmaid's dresses, so of course they won this week. Except that's even worse, as it isn't done in editing afterwards, someone must actually have TOLD them to wear the dresses even before the judging.

Last edited:
The previous episode was more predictable, though some might question whether it was worth targeting Steve so soon it really worked out fine. Mat was upset at jury that his buddy had been voted out and said he wouldn't vote for whoever was behind it. Neither him or Steve come across that well, they need to realise they are losers and played a worse game even if they have a vote to decide the winner.

Steve is certainly not coming across as particularly zen anymore. Seems he's not above a bit of petty revenge and a snarky comment when things don't go his way.

Why do I get the feeling that Brian will get immunity tomorrow some way or another?

They probably would want to keep at least one male around, regardless of what the other contestants want.
If they are smart and took notice of the jury's reactions, they would keep him anyway. I think he could only win now if up against Shonee or Monika (and even then it's not a sure thing).

I assumed at the start of the series when that news story about Brian was reported, that he had been voted out early. With each episode that he's still there, it makes me worry that maybe he was "celebrating" after the finale. I hope to god that is not the case.

They probably would want to keep at least one male around, regardless of what the other contestants want.
If they are smart and took notice of the jury's reactions, they would keep him anyway. I think he could only win now if up against Shonee or Monika (and even then it's not a sure thing).

I assumed at the start of the series when that news story about Brian was reported, that he had been voted out early. With each episode that he's still there, it makes me worry that maybe he was "celebrating" after the finale. I hope to god that is not the case.

I don't care who wins as long as it is not Shane. Only show I am looking forward to is Ali as the Bachelorette.

If they follow the US format they don’t know who won yet as the reunion is only being filmed this week.

That finding looked peculiar, but it may have been because they were recreating an idol find if the camera wasn't there initially. Still having two idols in play post-merge [Brian already having one] is apparently unique. Plus her clue find at the well a while back looked a bit too easy.

Back