Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 16 Discussion

Who's out today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm Fenella is the other one who voted Benji. Interesting that she and Shonee don't vote together, I thought they would.

May have been a plan to split votes, though I'm guessing.

I feel like if they're thinking jury votes snuffing Sam tonight will leave him sour. Whereas Benji will just think good game.

Plus Benji's probably feeling pretty comfortable at the moment so a chance to send him home with his idol.

They don't know he has an idol though. He is gambling however, worked this tribal.

OK my topic today is Commando Steve. I had no previous knowledge of him before this show but my understanding was that this guy was some fabulous all round jock macho man machine type guy Yet watching the season so far I cannot recall any challenge he has excelled in to the point that I see him as any super tough physical competitor. He also has little or no game strategy and socially would be a complete bust if he wasnt tied to Mat at the hip He is also boring as fuck. In fact Im almost at the point I would rather see my hated SHONEE or BENJI win instead of him. Am I on point here or way off the mark?

COMMANDO STEVE MUST BE GIVEN THE HEAVE!

OK my topic today is Commando Steve. I had no previous knowledge of him before this show but my understanding was that this guy was some fabulous all round jock macho man machine type guy Yet watching the season so far I cannot recall any challenge he has excelled in to the point that I see him as any super tough physical competitor. He also has little or no game strategy and socially would be a complete bust if he wasnt tied to Mat at the hip He is also boring as fuck. In fact Im almost at the point I would rather see my hated SHONEE or BENJI win instead of him. Am I on point here or way off the mark?

COMMANDO STEVE MUST BE GIVEN THE HEAVE!

Totally on point.
Having had the "pleasure" of watching him on tv for many years (even if you don't actively watch The Biggest Loser, it would have been impossible to watch Australian tv and not know who he is), we mostly groaned at the idea of him being cast on Survivor. But what we would have expected was that, being a military style fitness freak best known for pushing others to their limits, he would be a tough competitor who would never, ever give up. You would also assume he would have some kind of strategy and social game.
Yet the man we have seen on Survivor seems to only give half an effort in challenges and contributes even less socially. Often you forget he's even there until occasionally he is forced to speak at tribal council, where he will give a "yes" or "no" answer.
Whoever thought he would bring entertainment value to the show was sadly mistaken.
I suspect he doesn't need the money or fame, and he doesn't seem to be there to prove he can do it or else he'd be putting more effort into it.

Thanks for giving a perspective from someone who doesn't know him as a celebrity. If he, or Brian, were to be judged as a completely new contestant, they would be seen as quite bland and extremely low-key.

Yeah I had never heard of him before this but when I just bought my new car, the insurance guy at the dealership was Australian on a work visa...and he laughed and shook his head in amazement when I mentioned him but didnt elaborate.

I guess its also possible they paid him an appearance fee if he's well known so he couldn't really care less what happens as he's already paid and is putting in little or no effort, just making sure he doesnt get injured. In any event I WANT HIM GONE!!!

And Im holding my nose and rooting for Benji next episode...unless its misdirection.

Up until last night many people had tipped Sam as overall winner. And until last night I couldn't think of any reason for anyone to have actually voted him out. He wasn't a physical threat and definitely not running the game in any way. He was totally benign. So I don't know why he completely lost the plot.

From one of Sam's post eviction interviews - Matt and Benji are his two best mates from the show, he never expected to win/he just wanted to make it to the jury, when he got to the jury villa, he was shocked at how much weight he'd lost, he enjoyed hanging out with Robbie, he shaved that beard off, AND he thinks quite a few of those left in the game are deliberately staying under the radar.

From one of Sam's post eviction interviews - Matt and Benji are his two best mates from the show, he never expected to win/he just wanted to make it to the jury, when he got to the jury villa, he was shocked at how much weight he'd lost, he enjoyed hanging out with Robbie, he shaved that beard off, AND he thinks quite a few of those left in the game are deliberately staying under the radar.
Under the radar. Ah, an oft used phrase from the main reason for this site. I stand by my suggestion that Steve is doing the altruistic thing and giving others a chance to win and shine, so to speak. Mind you, as Champions, their shine is as big if not bigger than his. He's keeping a competitive streak going but is deliberately going low key. As the Commando, he was playing a role. Here he is Steve. Maybe his really competitive streak will emerge when the cast dwindles more.

With regards to Commando Steve, when your missus has $100mill in the bank, you are probably not motivated by the prize on this show. He's simply doing it for the life experience I'd guess. That said, Steve has been one of the seasons biggest non-events, he's just THERE and quite frankly, it's getting boring.

Lydia isnt very big but she lost over 7kg or 15lbs. I guess its pretty tough this year.

Back