Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2018) - Episode 1 Discussion

...hi Davidftw... just a little question... are we using this thread that you have started to post 'Live' for EVERY episode or are you doing a separate thread for each episode my friend?
I'll jump in here. We did a new thread for each ep last year so we should do the same again. It makes it easier to find stuff and also avoid spoilers if you're not watching up to date. The newest thread will always be 'pinned' at the top in the Survivor forum. I still have pinning authority ;) from last time so I'll take care of that.

I'll jump in here. We did a new thread for each ep last year so we should do the same again. It makes it easier to find stuff and also avoid spoilers if you're not watching up to date. The newest thread will always be 'pinned' at the top in the Survivor forum. I still have pinning authority ;) from last time so I'll take care of that.

...oh okay my friend... that does make sense about the 'spoilers' side of it... thanks for telling me my friend... and the newest episode being 'pinned' first makes it trouble free... great idea... cheers.

I'm happy for @timmydownawell to create the episode threads like last year should he want to, I'm not always around in time for the start but I will start a thread if an episode is about to start and no thread exists yet. I just started this thread because there was nowhere to discuss the preview. It's good when the latest episode thread is pinned.

Roll on Wednesday. Survivor is back, no more reno's! Yissss

I'm happy for @timmydownawell to create the episode threads like last year should he want to, I'm not always around in time for the start but I will start a thread if an episode is about to start and no thread exists yet.
Hey it's all good, anyone can start a new daily thread if it's not already there (obviously using the same naming regime for consistency). When I turn up I'll pin it and unpin the previous one. It's true I have nothing better to do most of the time. :D

tumblr_o188srdoD51qk08n1o1_400.gif

We can't all have good taste.

:kiss: XO

It sounds like the kind of half-baked themed concept you get on the US version now, why are any of them 'champions' or 'contenders'? There's something fake about this camaraderie of them all being the same type, at least it's two tribes rather than three which might make things more flexible going forward.

Russell should have been on Game Changers in the US but I guess he pissed the producers off. Obviously he would be a target here, just like he was on Redemption Island. That's why an allstars edition like Game Changers would have worked better at least.

Well fuck. With less than 24 hours to go, my Android TV box just died in the arse. One minute it's sitting on the home menu screen, so I wasn't actually using it or watching anything, and the next thing I know the TV's switched to blue screen (no signal). Box is on but not responding to remote, or even its own physical power button so I fear the worst. Tried it on another TV with same result. Trying to download the firmware to see if I can resuscitate it by flashing it.

I can watch the show on my laptop but that would mean it makes it a pain to follow the thread at the same time. Wish me luck. Lousy timing! Meh. :bang: :bang: :bang: Technology, why have you forsaken me????

Well fuck. With less than 24 hours to go, my Android TV box just died in the arse. One minute it's sitting on the home menu screen, so I wasn't actually using it or watching anything, and the next thing I know the TV's switched to blue screen (no signal). Box is on but not responding to remote, or even its own physical power button so I fear the worst. Tried it on another TV with same result. Trying to download the firmware to see if I can resuscitate it by flashing it.

I can watch the show on my laptop but that would mean it makes it a pain to follow the thread at the same time. Wish me luck. Lousy timing! Meh. :bang: :bang: :bang: Technology, why have you forsaken me????

I hear you, I spent an hour stuffing around with cords this afternoon after my TV Box crapped itself and the remote was not cooperating. Pulled out and put back in every plug about 15 times and eventually worked

i've kind of changed my thinking about russell. I don't want him to win, but i do want him to stay long enough in the game that he ensures that none of these so called champions even have one atoms breath of a chance of winning the game.

I'm thrilled Russell is involved, it won't be dull when he's around!
I'm less enthusiastic about recruiting the likes of Shane Gould and Matt Rogers and the Commando, but time will tell on that one, how well it works and so on.
It starts tonight on Channel 10 at 7.30(Eastern Standard Time)

Back