Skip to main content

>>> Australian Survivor 2017 Tipping Game <<<

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
OK instead of the sweepstake this year, I'd like to play a more engaging game, kind of a tipping comp.

Here's how it will work:

Each week, you will need to send me a PM before 12pm AEST Saturday with your picks for the following three episodes:
  • Your pick for overall winner (10 points per week for correct answer, totalled up at the end)*
  • Three picks for "next voted out" (in order, 10 points each correct)
  • Three picks for "next immunity" (also in order - this will initially be a tribe pick, and later an individual, 10 points each correct)
  • Bonus round: you get one shot only at the start to pick someone who gets medevacced during the course of the season. (25 points)
  • I'll also do a random sweepstake draw, and if your draw is overall winner there's an extra 50 points for you (there's no requirement to support your sweepstake contestant)
  • SUPER BONUS: Pick a date that Channel Ten goes out of business and shuts down before the conclusion of Australian Survivor (1000 points, one shot only at this)
Now because we cannot predict how the show will unfold, some of your picks may get dropped (e.g. if there are only two eps in a week, the third won't be needed. Also, "voted out" means voted out at TC, irrespective of whether there is a Redemption Island scenario.

*if you're pretty sure you're on to the winner you can vote for that person every single week and get 80 or 90 points if they actually win, or spread you picks across two or three players to hedge your bets.

How does this sound? If anyone has any questions or suggestions, let me know. I'll make a PM format for you to send me your picks each week. And I'll post the scores in the thread each week as well.

When does the show start again?

Like it, sort of - I kind of like barracking for your sweepstake draw.
It makes you look at things from a few different angles, but I had a good competitor and athlete and don't care if they are bitches, liars, manipulators that is good TV:)

Whatever you are willing to organise @timmydownawell = is good, adds to viewing pleasure and participation.
Can't wait - and really hope they avoid it being up against The Block, because that version with actual houses is going to rate well, and is quite close to my burb so I can see what is going on.

I hate the Block, but the local-ness will suck me in - I just have to work out how to avoid the host, the sidekick, and all the shitty filler, limited muted viewing.

Well, the sweep is ok, but if you hate the person you draw, or if they get eliminated early it's not so much fun.

This game will be more engaging and a reason to tune in/log on and participate. And your sweepstake draw (whether you like them or not) could still pick you up 50 points if they go on to win. So there is still a reason to barrack for them!

I will need 24 players to fill the card so please choose a number to join the game.

I have claimed #15. Let me know your picks and read below to check what has already been taken.

I love the idea of a sweepstake, but I don't know how many people (myself included) would remember to get their predictions in on time every week.

I hated my player last time, but loved pretending to support her as she was one of the most pro-active players of the season.

Can I have 2 or 8 please.

Which is it?

I don't know how many people (myself included) would remember to get their predictions in on time every week.
I can send a reminder PM on Friday to those who haven't checked in, if you want? You have between the Tuesday (or Wednesday?) episode until Saturday to PM me your picks.

In the meantime pick a number 1-24 :D you know you want to.

2 thanks, will stick to my lucky number (but tempted to try the Asian lucky 8 - have you noticed that where you are building?)
Strange I have a feeling 2 is going to be crap

2 thanks, will stick to my lucky number (but tempted to try the Asian lucky 8 - have you noticed that where you are building?)
Strange I have a feeling 2 is going to be crap
2 locked in.

Yes, 8, 888, lots of 8s in phone numbers and '168' also very prevalent (168 in Mandarin sounds like "wealth in every direction" so is considered very lucky). I chose 15 this time because my entrance is on Street 15.

It makes you look at things from a few different angles, but I had a good competitor and athlete and don't care if they are bitches, liars, manipulators that is good TV:)

Whatever you are willing to organise @timmydownawell = is good, adds to viewing pleasure and participation.
Can't wait - and really hope they avoid it being up against The Block, because that version with actual houses is going to rate well, and is quite close to my burb so I can see what is going on.

I hate the Block, but the local-ness will suck me in - I just have to work out how to avoid the host, the sidekick, and all the shitty filler, limited muted viewing.
What burb/street are they doing this time? Last time it was Richmond, about a ten minute walk from me.

What burb/street are they doing this time? Last time it was Richmond, about a ten minute walk from me.

Ooo was that disruptive???

This one is Elsternwick, they have transported a street full of old wrecked houses. But - they all seem to be weatherboard dumps, and Elsternwick is a very brick burb, lots of really gorgeous old mansions, terraces, and just lovely houses. Wood houses may look strange there, houses are definitely more interesting to watch transform.

Ooo was that disruptive???

This one is Elsternwick, they have transported a street full of old wrecked houses. But - they all seem to be weatherboard dumps, and Elsternwick is a very brick burb, lots of really gorgeous old mansions, terraces, and just lovely houses. Wood houses may look strange there, houses are definitely more interesting to watch transform.
Only to get in the Richmond Plaza carpark, but of course there are plenty of other Coles in the area, lol. I agree re watching houses. The Richmond ones were four houses. They look a bit weathered now in some regards.

Back