Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 24 Discussion

Number of crab shots tonight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20582487_465366043843128_9043510858176528384_n.jpg

This ^ says all I need to know about Michelle.
Yup. There is nothing lamer than that stupid Snapchat shit.

Slow start to the episode, felt like some filler with the speeches from the final 4.

Tara saying 'shit' may have surprised some unacquainted American viewers as they always bleep/silence that out on US shows and blur the mouth even. :D

I'm sure this advantage has been seen on the US version, but I don't remember questions being allowed (unless my memory is severely failing me). I wasn't too happy with questions being asked, though it seemed like at least he wasn't allowed to ask who they would vote for. I was wondering if the jury could actually give misleading answers anyway to help who their favoured person was. After the questions I thought he would vote out Jarrad, though that question was quite a vague one, like Jericho hoped the answer would be that nobody was a threat to him and he had it in the bag. The advantage challenge was a pretty good one.

Slow start to the episode, felt like some filler with the speeches from the final 4.

Tara saying 'shit' may have surprised some unacquainted American viewers as they always bleep/silence that out on US shows and blur the mouth even. :D

I'm sure this advantage has been seen on the US version, but I don't remember questions being allowed (unless my memory is severely failing me). I wasn't too happy with questions being asked, though it seemed like at least he wasn't allowed to ask who they would vote for. I was wondering if the jury could actually give misleading answers anyway to help who their favoured person was. After the questions I thought he would vote out Jarrod, though that question was quite a vague one, like Jericho hoped the answer would be that nobody was a threat to him and he had it in the bag. The advantage challenge was a pretty good one.

Apparently Tessa said in one of her interviews that some in the jury were impressed by Michelle's game play.

I think that they should get rid of Peter tomorrow though. No chance the other two will beat Jeri in the endurance challenge.

That's why Jericho is also a big threat though, so while the focus was all on Peter being a target Jericho (even more after gaining the jury advantage) has to be considered. All the talk about Peter could be a decoy in the edit.

And on the talk of focus in the edit, it could be foreshadowing the winner, or the next to go, hard to say.

That's why Jericho is also a big threat though, so while the focus was all on Peter being a target Jericho (even more after gaining the jury advantage) has to be considered. All the talk about Peter could be a decoy in the edit.

And on the talk of focus in the edit, it could be foreshadowing the winner, or the next to go, hard to say.

Michelle would be a target too. Jarrad saying "I think there is someone there that you should be worried about" will have the contestants thinking about who this bigger threat is.

Jericho is the only one left with charisma. He was perfect casting for this show.

Well he's a challenge beast and he does have some charisma, though as a talker to the camera I'd put Tara above him. It feels like Jericho has had possibly the easiest route of the final 4.

They could have given them a more rounded challenge that wasn't so heavily skewed in Peter and Jericho's favour.

I'm not a big fan of many immunities about balancing strength, I've always said that it gets repetitive.

Someone mentioned that height may have been a factor, sometimes they do adjust challenges for height.

...the only way that the endurance challenge will last longer than 7.25 seconds is if it's Jericho and Peter as the final 2 for sure... otherwise the final challenge will be a definite dud... the anti-climax of all anti-climaxes of the Survivor franchise EVER lol!... cheers.

And I like final immunity challenges to be more complex than the simple one they did last year, it's better to use more than just strength as a factor for deciding the final 2. It's best perhaps as a big stage combining several elements.

I'm not a big fan of many immunities about balancing strength, I've always said that it gets repetitive.

Someone mentioned that height may have been a factor, sometimes they do adjust challenges for height.

And I like final immunity challenges to be more complex than the simple one they did last year, it's better to use more than just strength as a factor for deciding the final 2. It's best perhaps as a big stage combining several elements.

Why don't they do three part immunity challenges like they do with big brother and their head of household competitions at the final 3?

I asked whether the pegs one was adjusted for their heights. As you say, many do get so tailored. When Jeff Probst says they'll draw for spots, it's either a lie, or the draw got done before the crew set up the challenge. All the ones where they are bracing something either at their sides or above their heads (for example) have to be tailored to their respective heights/arm spans to make it fair. If they didn't do it in this case I'd be surprised. Does Jericho even have a height advantage over Tara/Michelle anyway? So probably a moot point in this case.

Well yes, it was a one sided comp last year and became quite predictable... and with the betting info reflecting Kristie as the winner it kinda limped to the end.

betting = spoilers, avoid it, and those who know shouldn't propagate it to those who don't want spoiling. Surely those who bet big are looking for information leaking.

How is someone a troll just because they don't agree with the popular opinion? If everyone agreed on everything life would be boring.

Popular opinions aren't always great anyway, people like the safety of groups too much to explore beyond.

betting = spoilers, avoid it, and those who know shouldn't propagate it to those who don't want spoiling. Surely those who bet big are looking for information leaking
Both this year and last, some dickheads posted the betting odds on Whirlpool. I would never go looking for that info. But once you have seen it, it cannot be unseen.

Back