Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 2 Discussion

I'm not touching Bachelor or Block. Survivor is enough for me.

Some of us are attempting to watch all three. Which is either brave or foolish.
If I had to give one up it would be The Block. I've already cut out some reality crap - I've vowed not to waste time again on First Dates, Australia's Got Talent, Yummy Mummies... I'll possibly give Married At First Sight a go when it returns. But Survivor is my favourite by far.

The Block isn't even on my radar. You would honestly have to pay me to watch it. It's always the same, fake drama, people stealing others materials, advertisement after advertisement, superficiality, shit no one can afford, all-round fakeness. At least The Bach doesn't pretend it's not trashy.

I really, really dislike that ocker way of speaking. I don't think that we all have to speak with the 'plum in the mouth' voice, but his voice is grating.
At my old job in Sydney we had the TV on and it was a Block repeat in the afternoon, and my workmate said "OMG I can't stand his voice, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!" and I realised I wasn't alone.

How he won a gold Logie I'll never know.

The Block isn't even on my radar. You would honestly have to pay me to watch it. It's always the same, fake drama, people stealing others materials, advertisement after advertisement, superficiality, shit no one can afford, all-round fakeness. At least The Bach doesn't pretend it's not trashy.

...YES!!!!!...

Plus Scott Cam's droning voice and huge ego.

...YES!!!!...

I really, really dislike that ocker way of speaking. I don't think that we all have to speak with the 'plum in the mouth' voice, but his voice is grating.

...YES!!!!...

At my old job in Sydney we had the TV on and it was a Block repeat in the afternoon, and my workmate said "OMG I can't stand his voice, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!" and I realised I wasn't alone.

How he won a gold Logie I'll never know.

...and... YES!!!!... I so agree with all of this!... Scott Cam's ego is only overshadowed by Karl Stiffynodick's humungous ego!... cheers.

Back