Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 19 Discussion

Still way to early. They need to get Tara on and Locky on board.

Final 3 with Luke, Jericho, Sarah. Then blindside Luke, ha ha.

I think it would be smart for Luke and Jericho to take Michelle or Tara to final three, as they are so unlikable. Pete could also be an option. He's liked by everyone, but if they decide to reward gameplay they wouldn't think Pete deserved to win.
If Tully makes that final she could win, which would be an awful result for me.

I think it would be smart for Luke and Jericho to take Michelle or Tara to final three, as they are so unlikable. Pete could also be an option. He's liked by everyone, but if they decide to reward gameplay they wouldn't think Pete deserved to win.
If Tully makes that final she could win, which would be an awful result for me.

I was wanting Jericho and Sarah as my final 2.

They are a lot of ways this can go now (Tara + Locky, Peter still unknowns).

Then you have Sarah as well. It will be interesting to see how it goes but if they can get Tara and Locky on their side, the other 3 don't stand a chance.

Ok so I thought Jericho might actually do something and make a play for Luke but after tonight it's clear it'll be Michelle. So some predictions.

Tomorrow night
  • Michelle will be sour, might start to scheme against Luke but not sure if she'll see it through.
  • Peter is adrift again but he'll gravitate towards Locky and Tara with their shared Sofitel blood.
  • Same with Ziggy even though she voted for Locky tonight she still voted with Sofitel (Tessa) so no reason she won't continue to.
  • Another round of Locky vs Luke? Locky, Tara, Peter, Ziggy VS Luke, Jericho, Sarah WITH Michelle unsure.
  • I don't think Michelle will end up going through with any revenge plans in the end.
  • However as soon as she starts talking about revenge Sarah may flip again to stay with who she thinks is the majority so we could still see a 5-3 vote.
Into the future
  • If Luke goes Jericho is next as he can't work with any of the others and is a threat when it comes to challenges.
  • If Locky goes Tara is in a better position. Could see a Tara, Peter, Ziggy, and Sarah alliance to focus on Luke. Or a Tara, Luke, Jericho, and Michelle alliance to focus on Sarah/Ziggy.
  • I find it highly unlikely Michelle will make it to the F3. If it ever comes to Michelle vs Sarah I think Sarah has the better connections to fend off any attack.

Any further insights and I'll give away my tips. :p

Last edited:
If Locky and Tara were able to work it out, they should count the votes for Sarah and notice that they were the only two that voted for her. Obviously they didn't vote for Tara either.

Tessa didn't follow through with the original plan and couldn't vote for herself. Locky could work out that her vote went his way.

Ok so I thought Jericho might actually do something and make a play for Luke but after tonight it's clear it'll be Michelle. So some predictions.

Tomorrow night
  • Michelle will be sour, might start to scheme against Luke but not sure if she'll see it through.
  • Peter is afloat again but he'll gravitate towards Locky and Tara with their shared Sofitel blood.
  • Same with Ziggy even though she voted for Locky tonight she still voted with Sofitel (Tessa) so no reason she won't continue to.
  • Another round of Locky vs Luke? Locky, Tara, Peter, Ziggy VS Luke, Jericho, Sarah WITH Michelle unsure.
  • I don't think Michelle will end up going through with any revenge plans in the end.
  • However as soon as she starts talking about revenge Sarah may flip again to stay with who she thinks is the majority so we could still see a 5-3 vote.
Into the future
  • If Luke goes Jericho is next as he can't work with any of the others and is a threat when it comes to challenges.
  • If Locky goes Tara is in a better position. Could see a Tara, Peter, Ziggy, and Sarah alliance to focus on Luke. Or a Tara, Luke, Jericho, and Michelle alliance to focus on Sarah/Ziggy.
  • I find it highly unlikely Michelle will make it to the F3. If it ever comes to Michelle vs Sarah I think Sarah has the better connections to fend off any attack.

...wow Cunsuela... quite a few insightful thoughts there my friend... no wonder we're all so far behind you in the tipping game!... lol!... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers quick....on now

Mankind From Space

SBS, 10:10pm, Sun, 24 Sep 2017, 95 minutes

REPEAT

Mind-boggling data and CGI traces humankind's story from hunter-gatherer to dominant global species in this epic journey of discovery. Seen from the perspective of space, this shows the breath-taking extent of humankind's influence; how humans as a species have transformed the planet and produced an interconnected world of extraordinary complexity.

United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Historical, Society & Culture

If I was Luke, I would be trying to get Lockey and Tara on my side. I would be saying, "look who was voting for you. It wasn't us". Persuasive argument.

Yeah nah I don't see that working. Locky vs Luke has always been an end game and being at the pointy end of the competition any chance of a temporary alliance between the two is long gone. Also they didn't vote for Locky only because Luke overheard and turned on Tessa. So they didn't not vote for him, more so they put him to the side to eliminate a more immediate threat and I think Locky would realise that.

Luke and Tara however is another matter. When Locky is gone, and only then, there is a real chance Tara would work with Luke (assuming he's still there) as they allied when she was on Asaga.

Last edited:
They may be bland but at least they are not annoying, arrogant or just assholes in general.

Oh, I think there's quite a bit of arrogance in there! Ziggy seems like a nice enough person, but Sarah is really quite entitled and I would say also quite arrogant - and I find them both incredibly annoying. And I wouldn't say anyone left is an arsehole. Each to their own, I guess.

Last edited:
Going by the description for tomorrow's episode Michelle tries to blindside Luke but an unexpected turn of events makes her change her mind. Could Luke win immunity tomorrow?

She will get told by the other alliance that she is at the bottom again. That will scare her and she will change her mind. :hilarious:

Yeah nah I don't see that working. Locky vs Luke has always been an end game and being at the pointy end of the competition any chance of a temporary alliance between the two is long gone. Also they didn't vote for Locky only because Luke overheard and turned on Tessa. So they didn't not vote for him, more so they put him to the side to eliminate a more immediate threat and I think Locky would realise that.

Luke and Tara however is another matter. When Locky is gone, and only then, there is a real chance Tara would work with Luke (assuming he's still there) as they allied when she was on Asaga.

I think they really need to get Tara. If they can assure Tara that they won't vote Locky, she might be naive and believe it.

They need Michelle on their side though.

Mankind From Space

Wow this is interesting. I knew food took a lot of water to produce but it's mind boggling.

Must ask my Dad what he thinks the biggest technological advance he has seen in his life. For me, coming through VCRs, CD/DVDs/Minidiscs, microwave ovens... it has to be the internet, hands down. I remember an - er - acquaintance I met in Sydney when holidaying in 1991 showing me his computer connecting to networks in the US, medical databases and stuff, which was the precursor to the internet as we know it. Dad's mother would have said either electricity or the car as the biggest advance in her time so it'll be interesting to hear what he says. Thanks for the heads up!

@Mr Stickyfingers quick....on now

Mankind From Space

REPEAT

Mind-boggling data and CGI traces humankind's story from hunter-gatherer to dominant global species in this epic journey of discovery. Seen from the perspective of space, this shows the breath-taking extent of humankind's influence; how humans as a species have transformed the planet and produced an interconnected world of extraordinary complexity.

United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Historical, Society & Culture

...thanks so much for telling me about that kxk... I saw your post too late to watch it but have tracked it down on this link below and will be watching it tomorrow... I really appreciate it sweetness... here is the link... cheers.

...I've just realised that I've put up a link to the wrong program... I've tried to track it down through SBS and no results... I tried YouTube and it's on there but it's in French so it looks like I've missed out on it but thanks again anyway kxk... cheers.

Yeah he seems dumbish, but I think Jerry has excellent people reading skills, he's on the money every vote
And makes sense, he is a air steward isn't he? They are taught to read passengers - even more so now, terrorist instincts are required

He didn't read Henry well, he was searching for an idol for well over a week when it wasn't there and believed Henry had just found it when he had placed it there. And I remember a previous vote when he had no clue who Luke was actually voting for as he had fooled him. In both cases he depended on others, in the first case Sarah and the second one I think was Tara. His social game doesn't look that bad but I think he is mainly a challenge beast. Arguably he is better at challenges than Luke and maybe even Locky but he doesn't seem on the radar as much yet as he's kept under the radar behind Luke.

What's with that? I'd use different writing EVERY TIME.

Ff someone's writing style is known I think it would make sense for someone else to copy it to put more suspicion on how they have voted.

Ziggy for the win again. She's just too good. If she keeps this up she could be a surprise F2.

Ziggy has a big target on her back, it's very hard to win immunities every week to keep in. The first she loses she is up for the chop.

I think we need a new host.

He is boring.

He's competent but not as animated as Probst and you can't help but make the comparison as he uses so many of the Probst mannerisms and ideas. The hands up at tribal if you think you are safe or the like is a typical Probst move at tribal.

This tribal I thought was one of the most interesting as it wasn't just two who were in danger, and because of that it was harder to call. But the way the votes were read out spoiled it to an extent. It's so typical (in the US version too) for the person who actually goes to be brought up later in the vote and I wish that had been switched up. Putting all the votes for Tessa together arguably made up more obvious for both us and them.

When it was obvious Sarah had been told she was in danger that definitely made her exit look less likely. The 'champagne alliance' tag was used by Tara (in a voiceover) who wasn't even at the reward challenge so I thought that hinted that things may not go Tessa's way.

I was bit puzzled when Michelle and Sarah were spoken of as a pair as I didn't think we'd been shown that. When wind is involved with a challenge there is some luck I think concerning where you are and if you are more in the path of the wind at the start, maybe on the side.

Tomorrow night
  • Peter is adrift again but he'll gravitate towards Locky and Tara with their shared Sofitel blood.
Into the future

O.M.G. No WONDER you are at the top of the tipping chart!

Back