Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 11 Discussion

I think Jared has a sort of quiet charisma. Tessa comes across as a bit of a dag, but she is so articulate and intelligent at tribal council that anyone would be insane to take her anywhere near the final two. Sarah has charisma i feel. Henry i guess kind of does.

Tara and Odette are like the anti-charisma cast members.

Lack of charisma will probably cost AK the game which will be a shame. He better hope Locky or Tara don't make it to the jury.

Jared has got hidden in the edit somewhat behind AK, I don't think we see much of him.

Odette seems someone down out there, she says it's because of missing home but I think it could easily just be because she doesn't get on with that many. Michelle is like the usual opinionated but dim Survivor who's game fizzles out when she annoys too many, but she's lasted longer. I'd put those two at the bottom of my charisma list.

Sarah has some presence (partly because of looks), but she seems to get rather nervous, I tend to pair her with Peter in that sense. Both have also been said to make moves in the game while being largely in the background. When she did go across to Kent to discuss strategy she wasn't as open as the one who talked to him on the beach before her.

Jared has got hidden in the edit somewhat behind AK, I don't think we see much of him.

Odette seems someone down out there, she says it's because of missing home but I think it could easily just be because she doesn't get on with that many. Michelle is like the usual opinionated but dim Survivor who's game fizzles out when she annoys too many, but she's lasted longer. I'd put those two at the bottom of my charisma list.

Sarah has some presence (partly because of looks), but she seems to get rather nervous, I tend to pair her with Peter in that sense. Both have also been said to make moves in the game while being largely in the background. When she did go across to Kent to discuss strategy she wasn't as open as the one who talked to him on the beach before her.

I've heard a couple of podcasts which are really rating Jared and Sarah's games. I guess I can see how they might think Sarah is doing ok. But Jared has had a horrible edit thus far. This podcaster was making the point that Jared seemed to be playing a great social game. However the question has to be asked: if he is playing such a great game why has he gotten such an invisible edit? Even Odette has spoken more times the last few episodes.

It's a fancy electronic assistant. It can manage your calendar, check the weather, set alarms, Google things for you, order an Uber, play music, etc. It's a bit more fancy if you have compatible things for example I can tell it to control the TV like playing something on Netflix/Stan. Play music on my stereo speakers. Turn lights on and off.

I'll be honest it is a bit gimmicky at the moment as you could just get up and do all the things yourself. Benefit is you can be lazy and just use your voice and stay sitting on the couch.

Ha! It's all good I love it regardless. But yeah you have to say 'Ok Google' or 'Hey Google' can't change the name yet but people are asking for it.
Geez, remember the days when we had no choice but to get up and change the tv manually? With a dial no less, not buttons to push. Does saying 'hey google' feel a bit silly, even if you're on your own?

Geez, remember the days when we had no choice but to get up and change the tv manually? With a dial no less, not buttons to push. Does saying 'hey google' feel a bit silly, even if you're on your own?
even spookier when it is listening to everyone speak - all the time - waiting for someone to say "ok google". Is it taking notes? (tin foil hat time)

even spookier when it is listening to everyone speak - all the time - waiting for someone to say "ok google". Is it taking notes? (tin foil hat time)
Lol If it hears 'ok google', does it sit up all aquiver and wait for the command? What happens if there ends up being no command? How anticlimactic that would be! Now I am imagining tiny little people sitting like air traffic control monitoring conversations, all assigned to various people. I wonder how many they have on night shift. (yes, my post night shift mind has gone into overdrive, lol.)

I think I should've said probably not as I'm sure others thought like you. I answered it as that was what they were probably thinking. How silly to be clarifying something from earlier in the week, but I noticed it and had to. :)

Lol If it hears 'ok google', does it sit up all aquiver and wait for the command? What happens if there ends up being no command? How anticlimactic that would be! Now I am imagining tiny little people sitting like air traffic control monitoring conversations, all assigned to various people. I wonder how many they have on night shift. (yes, my post night shift mind has gone into overdrive, lol.)
Bit like the oompa loompas who sit inside and operate ATMs? :D

Ha! I've been known to talk to myself on the odd occasion so at least now I can myself at least I'm talking to something if not someone.

Big Brother is always watching (and listening)! I'm so far down the rabbit hole with big data that there can't be too much more to add to my file, so no skin off my nose. :p

Back