Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Week 1 - Episode 1 & 2 Discussion

The Amazing Race Australia was a great one EP a week show and it was put on the dreaded Australian indefinite hiatus. The broadcaster messed that up by changing the times it was on I thought. A one EP a week show can work, not everything is a format like Big Brother.

True.

Not sure how I feel about TEN extending the schedule an extra night a week - is this a sign of them worried about ratings? Ugh.

^^^^... oopsies!... I was supposed to post that above in the 'sweepstakes' thread... yeah I know... I'm a nuff nuff!... cheers.

According to my post, exactly 9 minutes into the episode - thanks bleachy.
Haha. Xx

I've missed you!

I watched the first two episodes tonight. Was there only two episodes in the first week? I also saw last Sunday's. So I think that was episode three.

Haha. Xx

I've missed you!

I watched the first two episodes tonight. Was there only two episodes in the first week? I also saw last Sunday's. So I think that was episode three.

...there were two last week on Sunday and Monday nights and this week there were three... Sunday/Monday and Tuesday nights... so you have only two left to completely catch up my friend... you can catch all the episodes on this link if needed Bleachy... cheers.

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/a...-sacrificial-lamb-immunity-challenge#Episodes

Not sure how I feel about TEN extending the schedule an extra night a week - is this a sign of them worried about ratings? Ugh.

After watching the three episodes this week I think the 100 minute episodes probably go a bit too long. They have the camp life, then a challenge for a luxury item then more camp life then the immunity challenge and then the aftermath and then finally the tribal council. It is a bit too long for me.

The way this season was filmed is suited to two eps a week.

Better strategy might have been:
Sunday - immunity challenge and tribal council
Monday - luxury challenge, more focus on camp life and camp dynamics
Tuesday - immunity challenge and tribal council

Will be interesting to see how long tomorrows episode is considering adding a third night (assuming that wasn't always the plan) has somewhat screwed up the original schedule of longer episodes (with a rewards challenge) on Sundays and shorter episodes without the rewards challenge on Mondays.

Back