Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 18 Discussion

JL has had an almost invisible edit so far, but I think it's too late for her to transform into a hero edit. She did enjoyed her role as fourth mean girl, as evidenced all the times that she was seen joining in with them sneering at the others, particularly Kylie and not sharing the blanket. It isn't much to go on, but as with Brooke, Flick and El, we just haven't seen anything nice at all.

I meant Kat not Kate above, she did at least try to stir things. Kate had potential to oppose the main group, as I think Kylie did, but neither probably thought broadly enough concerning who they could ally with. All you can go by is the edit and it does make some of them look clueless.

Just a couple of notes....the US Survivor tribal councils go on apparently for a couple of hours and are edited down to what is considered the pertinent information and about 10 minutes. I would presume that the Australian version is doing the same.

Sorry but of all the years I have watched Survivor this is the FIRST TIME that my choice has EVER had some semblance of control this deep in the game and Im running with it. Ive been a Brooke fan since day 1. I usually root for ethnic women just because they are usually the underdogs in a male/caucasian dominated game (the US version has seen two Asian women go out first) and she was about as close as I could get, a gorgeous blend of something, Im not certain what, hopefully someone can enlighten me. Watching her in challenges has been a delight, she is extremely capable of almost any physical enterprise and has never let her team down while participating and has always been a threat individually...amazingly flexible. I dont think she is that "mean" to anyone but trying to maintain control of her group late in the game by limiting their contact with the outsiders who could flip the game around by discovering and creating cracks in their alliance and if any of you were in her position you would do exactly the same thing. The only problem is that its making the game a bit boring at this point and if it continues the next few episodes until they get to the core alliance could be a bit predictable and while I appreciate the frustration of many viewers and posters on here, I will probably be one of the few enjoying it.

I may be one of the few on here who liked Kylie. She made a few bad game choices but I thought she was a delightful, positive person, very physically capable and someone I would be proud to serve on a firefighting force with. I don't really understand why she seemed to have trouble connecting with people.

I may be one of the few on here who liked Kylie. She made a few bad game choices but I thought she was a delightful, positive person, very physically capable and someone I would be proud to serve on a firefighting force with. I don't really understand why she seemed to have trouble connecting with people.
I don't think Kylie has trouble connecting with people, seems like she was shut out from the start. JL gets over there and gets a place on the bed and some of the blanket first night in. This is why I have classed some as "mean" girls, they have acted/are acting like they're in High School.

I also must add...as much as I am a Brooke fan I think its time for some serious drama to be injected into the next few episodes and beyond for the sake of the ratings and her world needs to be shaken a bit. Brooke/Flick/El have to earn the victory, not coast to it so lets hope a bit of a rebellion forms during the next few episodes and a couple of the more useless minions (ie Lee, Sam) can find their way to the Villa.

Back