Skip to main content

Australian Cricket season 2014/15

Today was very emotional watching the match. From the tributes to the boys performance, it was both incredibly touching and inspirational. I admire their strength and their commitment towards the game and each other. I was also glad to hear Sean Abbott not only got back out there today for NSW but he also bowled. It must have taken an enormous amount of courage.

Including a bouncer in his first over. Absolutely crucial he got back out there ASAP as whatever he does from here on in the consequences of that tragic accident will be with him anyway. Far better he continues doing what he has long dreamed of doing and become pretty successful at rather than giving it all up.

Including a bouncer in his first over. Absolutely crucial he got back out there ASAP as whatever he does from here on in the consequences of that tragic accident will be with him anyway. Far better he continues doing what he has long dreamed of doing and become pretty successful at rather than giving it all up.
This is a great life lesson. I really respect him for this. I don't think I have the emotional courage to face my fears and the confidence in my ability to overcome things the way he has showed by his example. He is inspiring.

The entire way this tragedy has been reported and dealt with is a credit to the sport and the people in Australia. In the U.S. we would be having lots of tawdry stories about the people involved because we can't report any story without looking for ugly muck. I haven't seen people following the family or intruding on their grief with lots of horrible coverage like we would have had here.

I feel the tragedy has been treated with dignity and respect. It is good to move forward,too. I remember after 9/11 that having sports return was a sign that things were improving, though they would never be the same. It is easy to underestimate the importance of sports, but they really do matter.

Yes, still annoys me the Ryder Cup switched years as the US team were too pussy to hop on a flight after 9/11 so they changed the entire schedule of the thing forever rather than just postponing or cancelling the one event - or better proceeding and standing up the terrorists.

Absolutely agree about the importance of sport - London 2012 always had the connection to the 7/7 bombings, which took place the day after we won the right to hold the games, and I think having that to look forward too really helped the city move forward.

Cricket is the gentlemen's game and our media etc behaved like ladies and gentlemen. Dignity, respect and overwhelming concern and support for and from everyone involved in the international game as well as other sports. Well done Sean for getting out there again and rising to a difficult situation. A good Test and we won. Always good in that regard.

Mitch Johnsons first delivery to Indian captain Virat Kholi, hit him flush in the head. A few of the aussies ran in straight away to check on him, for a brief second it was "oh no, this cant be happening". Kholi a little dazzed was ok (went on to make a century). Johnson was visibly shaken up over it. Soon after it was business as usual.

Great test match. India dropped too many catches and rely too much on their top 4 batsmen. They don't have any star quality bowlers to trouble us for the series, on Australian soil anyway. Nathan Lyon won us the game in the end. If our pacemen bowl to our potential we should clean then up in Brisbane and go 2-0

Clarke out of the test series, possibly could retire from all forms of the game.

Phil Hughes' brother, Jason Hughes in his first grade game back since his little brothers passing, scored 63, got out caught in the deep.
Amazing.

Bring on the 2nd test starting Wednesday 17th (BBL starts on the 18th)

*hands up: cricket tragic* the current test cricket has been great! the 'hit and giggle' format has thrown up a few surprising results. and some epic batting performances :D the pyjama cricket has been somewhat more to expectations.

i almost thought India was going to win test one. they came close, they weren't batting for a draw. bring on the boxing day test!!

Us Thunder fans must be happy, Old boys Kallis and Hussey still got it. Michael Vaughan (ex England captain) tweeted that Hussey would be in any nations side. I agree with him. Wish he was still playing for Australia.

Joe Burns comes into the side for the MCG test (Mitch Marsh looks to be out with his hamstring injury)

Impressed by Steve Smiths' captaincy. Injuries and bad form aside he could possibly be our test captai nfor the next 10 years as is only 25yo now. We just need guys like Watson and Sean Marsh to deliver a bit more consistently and we will be hard to beat against anyone. Out bowling is looking good with Harris, Johnson, Hazlewood and Lyon always improving. Plus young blokes Pattinson and Cummins to take over when Harris and then Johnson call it a day.

Anyone going to the SCG test starting from Jan 7th 2105?

The aussie's played great in their first match of the World Cup!

And other note did anyone see the end of the BBL Final?

Anyone watching the Ashes?

tumblr_m72sl2Ryta1r35d8x.gif
tumblr_m72slsGY4p1r35d8x.gif
tumblr_m72slgowqU1r35d8x.gif

tumblr_m72sn8RN0N1r35d8x.gif
tumblr_m72sp1A9dy1r35d8x.gif
tumblr_m72snvgqdA1r35d8x.gif

tumblr_m72so5PqDz1r35d8x.gif
tumblr_m72soiSUp71r35d8x.gif
tumblr_m72snmNecG1r35d8x.gif

Anyone watching the Ashes?
I think you once said you were in the Czech republic or some other Eastern euro country. I find it hard to believe that someone native to that region would be interested in something as riveting as watching grass grow. :p You're an expat aussie surely and a young one at that. You're still a teen, yeah? Or that might've been some other poster.

I think you once said you were in the Czech republic or some other Eastern euro country. I find it hard to believe that someone native to that region would be interested in something as riveting as watching grass grow. :p You're an expat aussie surely and a young one at that. You're still a teen, yeah? Or that might've been some other poster.

No way is @Winterbourne a teen. His writing is way too mature and worldly. If I have to guess I would say he is in his early 40's. I could be wrong of course.

Perhaps. Then again he could be a precocious teen who has through avid book reading obtained a certain flair with words. :writing:

In any case being able to write in 'worldly' way doesn't automatically mean the poster behind those comments is 'mature' in the same way a 14 year old who goes through a huge growth spurt and overnight becomes over 6 foot tall is suddenly a mature worldly adult. :pompus:

Perhaps. Then again he could be a precocious teen who has through avid reading of books obtained a certain flair with words. :writing:

In any case being able to write in 'worldly' way doesn't automatically mean the poster behind those comments is 'mature' in the same way a 14 year old who goes through a huge growth spurt and overnight becomes over 6 foot tall is suddenly a mature worldly adult. :pompus:

Do you want him to post photo identification or something? Or are you just trolling like you normally do?

Back