Skip to main content

Australian Celebrity Big Brother?

Are you trying to say that Baywatch was only a "North American" thing?

BTW here's a great video that should put an end to the calling Canadian's American debate...

No of course not. But he was on there a long time ago.

Are you trying to say that Baywatch was only a "North American" thing?

BTW here's a great video that should put an end to the calling Canadian's American debate...

I didn't say you were American. I said you were North American.

The last part of that video suggest I am correct In using that term. Not if I simply called you American.

I didn't say you were American. I said you were North American.

The last part of that video suggest I am correct In using that term. Not if I simply called you American.

I agree... In that context you used the term correctly because you were implying I somehow fit in to a much larger group of people than just the general Canadian population... That said I wasn't having a go at you... I was just putting the video out there and that post seemed to fit...

No of course not. But he was on there a long time ago.

Then the issue really is a matter of age and not geographic location... Pamela Anderson was my generations Kim Kardashian of sorts...

I agree... In that context you used the term correctly because you were implying I somehow fit in to a much larger group of people than just the general Canadian population... That said I wasn't having a go at you... I was just putting the video out there and that post seemed to fit...

Then the issue really is a matter of age and not geographic location... Pamela Anderson was my generations Kim Kardashian of sorts...
The video was interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I guess I may (I admit it could be ignorantly) presume that someone who was a celebrity a long time still has more of a presence in your region than here. Even Pamela Anderson is extremely rarely spoken about in the media here, I don't think I've heard anything about her since she was on Celeb Bb Au.

Even Pamela Anderson is extremely rarely spoken about in the media here, I don't think I've heard anything about her since she was on Celeb Bb Au.
I think you mean BBAU 2008?

(Which was virtually a CBB anyway. :p)

I guess I may (I admit it could be ignorantly) presume that someone who was a celebrity a long time still has more of a presence in your region than here

Well that's what Michelle was saying about Jeremy on the first night, I believe. She was talking to Katie Hopkins and said something like, "As an American I've been there through his entire story."

I think you mean BBAU 2008?

(Which was virtually a CBB anyway. :p)
Whoops. :shy:

Cheers :wink:[DOUBLEPOST=1423204933][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well that's what Michelle was saying about Jeremy on the first night, I believe. She was talking to Katie Hopkins and said something like, "As an American I've been there through his entire story."
Exactly. He is NEVER mentioned in our media as far as I'm aware.

Our celebrity 'pool' isn't as deep as the UK so it certainly wouldn't work twice a year, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again now. That being said, we have IACGMOOH being done by Peter Abbott so it literally is the next best thing in my books. Better than Celebrity Splash for instance. Haha
Well they've been digging beneath the bed of the UK celebrity pool for years now and pulling all sorts of dregs out from under the surface. They'd have no problems casting an Aussie series if they commissioned one - there's plenty of Z-listers in most countries willing to do such things.

It's been the network opting not to do it which has kept Celebrity Big Brother off screen - but perhaps could see it happening in Aus this year if Nine decide that although they don't want a full series they don't want to ditch BB altogether and Celeb BB could fill a few weeks in between the end of this years 23rd season of The Block and the end of the ratings season.

But imagine a house with Arj Barker, Shaun Micallef, Jimmy Barnes, The twins from the Block... there is comedic relief, competiveness, and fun. Think of the yarn spinning they could all do.

And for the international flavour, Robert Downey Jr or Hugh Jackman or Jackie McDonald (Hey Hey it's Saturday) or even Megan Gale or Sophie Monk.
Wishful thinking on my part.
Oh god.. you just know they would put those fucking twins from the Block in, they wheel them out for everything! they have a plethora of Block stars to put into a "celeb" house. If they managed to get some international celebs like BBUK and IACGMOOH then it could work

I imagine their are a lot of D-list celebs in Australia who would kill to be in Celeb BB after seeing what I'm a Celebrity is doing for the celebs profiles.

If there was a poll of celebrities that the network had for CBB then we could vote them in. It would be more interactive and unique.
For example they have X amount of celebs and the public would vote for 12. Puts the public in control.

If there was a poll of celebrities that the network had for CBB then we could vote them in. It would be more interactive and unique.
For example they have X amount of celebs and the public would vote for 12. Puts the public in control.
That would never happen because Nine know we would never vote in past The Block contestants. And you can't have Celebrity Big Brother AU on Nine without at least one person from Block on it!!!!!111

They would bever have celebs voted in as it's all about fees and contracts - they're not going to risk a big signing not getting in, or similarly a bargain basement signing who is just making up the numbers but very cheap.

A Block contestant would probably be a given, and probably be among the more well known HMs too.

Back