Skip to main content

Episode Aus Survivor Blood v Water: Ep 17

Does anyone actually like Gronk and Sam?

• I like Gronk and Sam

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I can’t stand them and I want them both out as soon as possible

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I like Gronk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can’t stand him and want only Gronk out as soon as possible

• I like Sam

• I can’t stand her and want only Sam out as soon as possible

• I really don’t give a shit whatever happens anymore!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I’ve given up on Survivor and watch something else

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Is Survivor still going?

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
^^ The idol wasn't stolen from Jesse. He willingly handed it over to Sam because he's an idiot. And even more stupid he didn't get it back off her at the first opportunity. This was purely a rookie error, nothing more. For Sam, it was like taking candy from a baby. I don't like her, but that's all part of the "outwit" game. What? You trusted me? That was silly.

^^ The idol wasn't stolen from Jesse. He willingly handed it over to Sam because he's an idiot. And even more stupid he didn't get it back off her at the first opportunity. This was purely a rookie error, nothing more. For Sam, it was like taking candy from a baby. I don't like her, but that's all part of the "outwit" game. What? You trusted me? That was silly.
I sort of wouldn't mind her getting into the top 3 just so she has to explain herself & it would be interesting if the majority of jury members think it was a good move or a bad one.

The idol wasn't stolen from Jesse.
I don't think anyone said it was stolen from Jesse. But it is true what Jordie has tried to tell them - that it was Jesse's idol. But more to the point, that she has an idol. My view is she hoodwinked him. Yes, he was naive. But the fact she's proud of that move is sickening.

But the fact she's proud of that move is sickening.
I dunno. If it was me I'd be laughing too, because I wouldn't expect anyone to be so gullible. Having said that, it's unfair that her and Gronk have played before though and half of each other blood/water pair aren't necessarily fans of the show, but "plus ones". I'd have forced my plus one to watch a couple of previous seasons for sure. Survivor drill every day. And fire making practice.

Tricky to get too invested in this episode considering we knew the outcome was faked. The ideal outcome would have been both Sam and Mark playing the idols then Jordie getting voted out and winning his way back but of course as soon as it was revealed Shay wasn't on the jury the fact it was a fake eviction was an open secret - so playing an idol would be pretty dumb. Indeed they've done this twist many times before but first time I've noticed the absence from the jury being an issue, so is it a case they usually do it before the jury begins to form or just tell them upfront it's a vote to go to "Exile Beach"?

Anyway - at least Sam is showing us what Survivor would be like if they let a 5 year old child play. Has there ever been a whinier contestant?

Last edited:
I could live with the format if there were any contestants with the charisma to outshine the format, but there aren't.
The only good casting was bringing Sandra back, and the Jesse/Jordie combo.
Sam Frost's brother was lovely and it would have been nice to have seen him last longer.

Funny isn't it how when you cast two former contestants who were pretty much forgotten from their original series that you end up making the new series with them rather forgettable too. Sandra was worth the addition but there was literally no value in all in bringing back Sam, Mark and Andy - their places could have gone to more entertaining newbies.

Last edited:
Funny isn't it how when you cast two former contestants who were pretty much forgetten from their original series that you end up making the new series with them rather forgettable too. Sandra was worth the addition but there was literally no value in all in bringing back Sam, Mark and Andy - their places could have gone to more entertaining newbies.
They read the audience wrong in casting Mark & Sam again.
The intention was clearly for them to be seen as Australian Survivor's Sweethearts https://www.who.com.au/australian-survivor-mark-wales-samantha-gash-family but they lacked the charisma to appeal to people. (I can't speak for everyone, and there are a few on here who don't mind them, but most of the reaction I've seen is negative, even before the outright lies started).

Back