Skip to main content

Episode Aus Survivor Blood v Water: Ep 12

That was probably the most obvious boot I've seen in all 7 AU seasons. A trend I've noticed that is almost 100% consistent is the boot comes from the tribe who gets shown first in the episode and they get a confessional that opens up their downfall storyline. Ben was shown early in the episode in comparison to Mel. When JLP announced double tribal I immediately knew this twist was coming as it is now the THIRD time in a row it's happened. Mel getting no content in comparison to Ben getting a lot, mix that in with the promos about Chrissy's revenge it is impossible to not know who was going to go home.

…50 minutes in that position would’ve been gruelling… stuff doing that!… cheers.
I'd cling to Pags too tbh.

So glad Ben is out. Shouldn't judge from a TV edit but I will anyway. I'm sure I would not like him in real life. He comes across as a nasty straight man; a bit of a prick. There I said it. Ta ta!

I'd cling to Pags too tbh.

So glad Ben is out. Shouldn't judge from a TV edit but I will anyway. I'm sure I would not like him in real life. He comes across as a nasty straight man; a bit of a prick. There I said it. Ta ta!

…as I said before Timmy…

…funny you should say that sav0001… I was thinking the same thing… what was big about him?… other than he chucked a tanty every time he lost challenges… cheers.

…he came across as an arrogant self centred self entitled little sooky la lah to me… whenever someone dropped a ball or whatever during a challenge (which is bound to happen) he wasn’t shy in showing his disapproval by chucking a tantrum about it… that showed to me that he had absolutely no respect whatsoever towards his teammates… it was all about him and him only… a small minded insignificant man with a big selfish ego… not a nice person at all… good riddance to bad rubbish…thank fuck that he’s gone… cheers.

Sadly I think the Gronks have it in the bag, unless Khanh can continue to be amazing and save the season.
But no one is even trying to get rid of them, and post-merge they are going to power-couple their way to final 3, and then it will be too late.
Like Boston Rob and Ambuh but without any of the charm that made it not so bad when they did it.
And it will be HORRIBLE.

…if the Producers engineer it so that Gronk or his wife win this by their obvious manipulation such as conveniently placing more damn idols or saving them with ‘twists’ I will not be watching this show anymore… just like how Big Brother has been bastardised by stupid manipulation and has been completely wrecked and isolated from its original great format this show is beginning to stray from its original great format because of lame twists and fuck knows how many idols that are available… producers terrible manipulation has ruined this show… what a shame… cheers.

Certainly not his package.
Those budgie smugglers didn't even seem to be smuggling a hummingbird.
Poster boy for who SHOULD'NT wear budgie smugglers, I mean don't wear 'em if you don't have a cockortoo ...

When I heard Johno say "14 are left" I immediately thought, tonights promo for Sunday has to be Merge... I mean they usually merge around13 players and being a Sunday show coming up, well, the producers love to have a big ticket item to advertise on a Wednesday night for the upcoming Sunday show....

It should be interesting now that there is no more teams. I wonder if they will gang up on duo's or will they get sucked in to power couples leading the lemmings over the cliff edge :)

…if the Producers engineer it so that Gronk or his wife win this by their obvious manipulation such as conveniently placing more damn idols or saving them with ‘twists’ I will not be watching this show anymore… just like how Big Brother has been bastardised by stupid manipulation and has been completely wrecked and isolated from its original great format this show is beginning to stray from its original great format because of lame twists and fuck knows how many idols that are available… producers terrible manipulation has ruined this show… what a shame… cheers.
I downloaded a US suvrivior series last year that was one of the first ones & I just couldn't watch it... No idols, it was so boring and lame. A majority formed and just picked off everyone, one by one... 11 people left after a merge and there was a majority 6-5 and they all stated for the next 9 episodes that one, then that one, then that one goes ... it was soooooooo annoyingly slow & boring... even the producers had a hard time trying to find anyone that would hint at some sort of interesting action that might happen... You'd swear the contestants wrote the entire script...

I love idols and twists, this year hasn't been too bad, a year or 2 ago they really went overboard on twists & turns .... its a wonder Smiths didn't sponsor the show and fill it full of Twisties plugs :)

I love idols and twists, this year hasn't been too bad, a year or 2 ago they really went overboard on twists & turns .... its a wonder Smiths didn't sponsor the show and fill it full of Twisties plugs :)

…I wouldn’t mind an idol surfacing every now and then whereby any of them have a chance of randomly finding them but it seems that those days are over… but it’s now apparent to me at least that only their ‘star’ players that they want to keep in the game at all costs seem to conveniently find them when they are needed… obviously the producers send their lackies in to plant an idol in the path ahead of the path that their ‘stars’ are walking in the bush for them to find it… if that fails… they shove in a twist to save them regardless… the days of us being ‘surprised’ that someone found an idol by chance are over as far as I’m concerned… it’s almost like… “our star is in trouble… cue the idol!… what?… they missed it?… cue the twist!”… it’s so obvious that they’re doing that (to me anyway)…sadly to say… cheers.

Sadly I think the Gronks have it in the bag, unless Khanh can continue to be amazing and save the season.
But no one is even trying to get rid of them, and post-merge they are going to power-couple their way to final 3, and then it will be too late.
Like Boston Rob and Ambuh but without any of the charm that made it not so bad when they did it.
And it will be HORRIBLE.
I think Sam and Mark will make a long deep run. If anything Sam will leave before him but he will eventually win. I will not be shocked to see them both at FTC. Khanh I suspect to either be merge boot/first juror or a very big "blindside" very very soon early in the merge.

So according to Amy on her exit interview with Shannon Guss, in the first episode Juicy Dave said at tribal that he thinks it’s going to be a Juicy blindside…. Then some of them at camp called him that…

But yeah, strange nickname for this particular guy…..
The nickname makes me cringe. Ew.
…I wouldn’t mind an idol surfacing every now and then whereby any of them have a chance of randomly finding them but it seems that those days are over…
I want one idol per tribe in the pre merge and then one or two maximum in the merge and thats all. With all these idols it makes voting a waste of time. Why play a game thats supposed to be about numbers when theres an idol play every second episode? It just makes the social aspect a waste of time if people keep getting repeatedly saved.

I’m a huge fan of idols in contrast. Heck I didn’t really mind the fire tokens they had in “winners at war”. Thank Ganesh or your favorite deity that they didn’t stick with those fire tokens though, lol, it was good for a season or two.

US season is pretty much going all in with advantages or twists. Nut they do so in a way that encourages strategy play and bonding between disparate units of a tribe. It’s guaranteed narrative content.

You can’t film this show nowdays without a decent amount of idols or advantages. there is only so much excitement/entertainment you can extract from people sitting in a shelter all day and going out to swim or get water. Also people tend to do similar things every day, hang out with the same people with the same plans. That’s just not all that fun to watch guys….

Idols or advantages give those guys on the bottom or any level in fact, an opportunity to generate drama. The show will never go back to NO idols or NO advantages or fewer advantages….

And while it’s possible some units cam be led on by producers…. Most of the time it’s not. Most people who are uncomfortable, never go looking for idols or advantages. Those that need them, just happen to do so, why? They need it to stay in the game & obtain a lifeline to change the game!

The fact Sandra didn’t get the idol is 💯 % proof that the people who really SHOULD have one don’t get FED one.

The point of the Idol though was to add a bit of randomness to what is a pretty rigid format - to shake things up when they are used and to have the possibility of them being used in the background when they're not.

By having them used so often and having them as a factor in every vote that randomness has gone - they're just another format point in every single episode so they might as well just not be there at all.

Might have been more interesting this time to link them to the Blood/Water twist and only allow you to use them on your partner (communicated to producers from the other tribe). Only once they're gone can you use them on yourself.

…I wouldn’t mind an idol surfacing every now and then whereby any of them have a chance of randomly finding them but it seems that those days are over… but it’s now apparent to me at least that only their ‘star’ players that they want to keep in the game at all costs seem to conveniently find them when they are needed… obviously the producers send their lackies in to plant an idol in the path ahead of the path that their ‘stars’ are walking in the bush for them to find it… if that fails… they shove in a twist to save them regardless… the days of us being ‘surprised’ that someone found an idol by chance are over as far as I’m concerned… it’s almost like… “our star is in trouble… cue the idol!… what?… they missed it?… cue the twist!”… it’s so obvious that they’re doing that (to me anyway)…sadly to say… cheers.

Fully agree. The beauty of a show like Survivor is a big player going can be just as important as a big player staying, and indeed the show needs that to keep the momentum up during the season. When the early boots are largely people not in the edit until 20 minutes before they're getting kicked out.

Last edited:
…what if they have a season whereby if someone does find an idol that they can only save an ally and not themselves?… it would give a whole new purpose for the use of the idol… the dynamics within the tribes will be more important when it comes to trusting allies and forging closer relationships more than ever… when it comes to tribal council you can save someone else only… not yourself… you can either save them as promised or throw them to the dogs by betraying them after building their hopes up… it would be more brutal but also more interesting lol!… what are your thoughts on this?… I think that it would be more entertaining lol!… cheers

…while I’m on this subject… just imagine that you found an idol and your teammates KNEW that you had it… just imagine them grovelling and sucking up your arse for you to use the idol to save their sorry arses?… it would be hilarious!… if they DIDN’T know that you had the idol and you played God and saved them imagine the surprise from everyone… those people would be your closest ally for the rest of the game… also… just before merge… why not have it that you can save someone on the opposite team if you wanted… now THAT could help you even more to go further in the game… that I think would open up a whole new dynamic to the show methinks!… cheers.

You can give your idol to whoever you want Sticky! Btw hope your name isn’t Dave or you’d be StickyDave haha….

Only problem is you can’t see the other tribes tribal so you could only give an idol to the other tribe if you were in attendance.

Lately the US season is doing a lot of inter tribal strategy, like your tribe choose who on the losing team in the challenge has to walk up the mountain to get some kind of advantage…

Back