Skip to main content

Arrested Development

Rudiger

Village Idiot
The greatest TV comedy of all time? I think it almost certainly is.

It's also pretty much the smartest comedy of all time. There's so much going on! It's so rewarding to re-watch to get the gags you didn't catch the first time.

Who's your favourite character? Tobias and Gob (obvious, I know).

Favourite quotes? "I've made a huge mistake"/ "The Bob Loblaw Law Blog"/ "Even if it means taking a chubby, I will suck it up"

What did you think of Season 4? I kinda wish I hadn't seen it...

- Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together...

...it's Arrested Development -

I really liked season 4.

Story time.

I downloaded it to my tablet before I set off on a several month trip to Africa.

On the trip I watched all three preceding seasons and then into season 4. The first few episodes I was a bit miffed. However then all of a sudden I was in the swing and loving it. As the episodes became less and less I was disappointed I had so few more new episodes to go.

I have since rewatched the season and just love it.

It is all great.

I find so many people that didn't like the 4th season didn't stick with it, or gave up too early. Or they also forget or don't realise things like Michael was a complete selfish dick, a Bluth like the rest in the original episodes who thought he was doing things for everyone else but was doing to for himself. With this misunderstanding infecting other aspects of the new episodes.

Can't wait for me!

I
I really liked season 4.

Story time.

I downloaded it to my tablet before I set off on a several month trip to Africa.

On the trip I watched all three preceding seasons and then into season 4. The first few episodes I was a bit miffed. However then all of a sudden I was in the swing and loving it. As the episodes became less and less I was disappointed I had so few more new episodes to go.

I have since rewatched the season and just love it.

It is all great.

I find so many people that didn't like the 4th season didn't stick with it, or gave up too early. Or they also forget or don't realise things like Michael was a complete selfish dick, a Bluth like the rest in the original episodes who thought he was doing things for everyone else but was doing to for himself. With this misunderstanding infecting other aspects of the new episodes.

Can't wait for me!

I think I just found it a bit all over the place. I remember reading that they couldn't get all of the actors together due to schedules; I really missed the whole family dynamic. Definitely some good eps, just thought the bar was raised sooooo high with S1-3.

I've heard it might be back for a Season 5?

I

I think I just found it a bit all over the place. I remember reading that they couldn't get all of the actors together due to schedules; I really missed the whole family dynamic. Definitely some good eps, just thought the bar was raised sooooo high with S1-3.

I've heard it might be back for a Season 5?

Yeah but you have to look at the context of the show and what the season was doing. It was bridging between the original seasons and the upcoming season/movie where they are together.

In the very first episode of the show, the family has been apart. They have all come together. The final episode ended where it did. Michael leaving and all that.

Those making the show had a choice. They have to explain the passed time, it's been too long. It would make no sense if they are all together in the intervening years. So they have to come together. They'd be stupid and it would not be true to the show if everything was the same. As if it'd be relatively fine in the passing years.

Then if it started with them coming together, it'd be much harder for the viewer to jump in and then have to figure everything out. With the story line of them back together filled in with lots of exposition of what was new, what has changed. What had gone on.

So I think it was the only way to stay true to the show was to explain what went on in between when they were apart. It gave us a better insight into the characters outside the dynamic we had. It gave us something new and a whole lot of angles for stories and jokes that wouldn't have worked in the traditional dynamic of the show. Now that all of this has been filled in, with where the season ends, they are back together and they can smoothly progress in that dynamic.

As for the schedules, I think it was more to do with wanting to tell the stories these ways, it didn't make sense for every episode to be switching between each character. So from a production standpoint it was easier and better to separate what each actor was needed for.

Their have been some fan versions which are apparently quite rough around the edges, but they currently are doing an official in chronology version of season four though. So maybe that'll be more to your liking. I don't think they could have done the shows story lines any other way though.

The greatest TV comedy of all time? I think it almost certainly is.

It's also pretty much the smartest comedy of all time. There's so much going on! It's so rewarding to re-watch to get the gags you didn't catch the first time.

Who's your favourite character? Tobias and Gob (obvious, I know).

Favourite quotes? "I've made a huge mistake"/ "The Bob Loblaw Law Blog"/ "Even if it means taking a chubby, I will suck it up"

What did you think of Season 4? I kinda wish I hadn't seen it...

- Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together...

...it's Arrested Development -

LOVE the show. Favourite character is Michael. It would be hard having to be the straight-man with Tobias, Gob and Buster's lines.

I think my favourite ep was when George Michael was sent off to the school and there were multiple Andy Richter family members..as in identical quintuplets?

I have a mega list of favourite quotes an interactions.. too many to list.

Favourite Tobias quotes:
“Oh man, I can just taste those meaty leading man parts in my mouth.”

“I was a professional twice over – an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first “analrapist.”

tobias_analrapist.png

Back