Skip to main content

arghhh im being driven mad by the NBN

Are you for reals? That's terrible slow speed!

My mum gets 16-20mbps.

NBN will be minimum 25mbps and maximum (for now) 100mbps
In my area 10 Mbps is about as good as it gets and very few houses get that, those that live near the whatever the connection point is called. Can't wait for NBN, bring it bitches.

3769085615.png

Admittedly this is cable.

Are you for reals? That's terrible slow speed!

My mum gets 16-20mbps.

NBN will be minimum 25mbps and maximum (for now) 100mbps
I wana know when I'm gonna get it now :D

I'm jealous of these 6+ Mbps. :beaver:
Which company are you with? I dunno if that matters or not, I'd talk to your company though cos sometimes it's the lines we had to have ours fixed once.

No. What. That's terrible.
Were you downloading stuff when you did that test?
Well I had Utorrent opened but nothing was downloading or seeding, I shut it and did the test again and now it says 0.93. But I've also gone over (way over BTW) my peak internet usage for the month..... I'll try the test again at 1am when off peak starts.

Cheers....

So Download speed is 0.90Mpbs and upload is 0.66Mpbs

Is that good?
There's NO WAY you could stream netflix with no buffering on that connection unless you were downloading / streaming already (which means the test isn't a true reflection).

When mine gets down to 3 or 4mbps Netflix buffers too much its unbearable.

Which company are you with? I dunno if that matters or not, I'd talk to your company though cos sometimes it's the lines we had to have ours fixed once.
TPG and it's being like that for yeeears.

There's NO WAY you could stream netflix with no buffering on that connection unless you were downloading / streaming already (which means the test isn't a true reflection).

When mine gets down to 3 or 4mbps Netflix buffers too much its unbearable.
Same here, Netflix gets awful. Though it's quite ok like 95% of the time.

Well I had Utorrent opened but nothing was downloading or seeding, I shut it and did the test again and now it says 0.93. But I've also gone over (way over BTW) my peak internet usage for the month..... I'll try the test again at 1am when off peak starts.
Yeah that would be a throttled speed. Check your off peak speed for sure.[DOUBLEPOST=1411043424][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mynbn.info

I'm just on ADSL but I pay for like a "plus" pack or something $10pm more, I'm on iinet 1000gb package too.

If you know how to log into your modem you can get the correct stats. Look for Data Rate (or line speed), attenuation and noise margin.

If you find your line attenuation .. You can guesstimate how far from the exchange you are

Less than 1km should be 23-24Mbit
1.0km = 13.81dB = 23Mbit
1.5km = 20.7dB = 21Mbit
2.0km = 27.6dB = 18Mbit
2.5km = 34.5dB = 13Mbit
3.0km = 41.4dB = 8Mbit
3.5km = 48.3dB = 6Mbit
4.0km = 56dB = 4Mbit
4.5km = 62.1dB = 3Mbit
5.0km = 69dB = 2Mbit

myNDN.jpg
It's not on there "plans" yet, though it said something about the government and something else is changing.

If you find your line attenuation .. You can guesstimate how far from the exchange you are

Less than 1km should be 23-24Mbit
1.0km = 13.81dB = 23Mbit
1.5km = 20.7dB = 21Mbit
2.0km = 27.6dB = 18Mbit
2.5km = 34.5dB = 13Mbit
3.0km = 41.4dB = 8Mbit
3.5km = 48.3dB = 6Mbit
4.0km = 56dB = 4Mbit
4.5km = 62.1dB = 3Mbit
5.0km = 69dB = 2Mbit

Or you can plug your address into here :
http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/detailedsummarystart.php

View attachment 41740
It's not on there "plans" yet, though it said something about the government and something else is changing.
I've got bad news for you mate. You will not get FTTP unless government changes or Turnbull caves in. You will get FTTN. I think maximum speed is 25mbps but relies on the quality of your copper cable. Will still be better than what you've got. However it will probably be quite some years away for you even still.

Back