Skip to main content

arghhh im being driven mad by the NBN

So what difference have you noticed from the copper to the NBN?

I'm so jealous BTW....
Things like Netflix and YouTube just load, no buffering -- and immediately in HD. That's the most noticeable thing.
The other night I was on the iPad and both my nephews were watching Netflix on their iPads and I had a YouTube going on the computer and nothing buffered and the browsing on my iPad wasn't slowed down. It's Sweet!

I've had NBN since late February of this year. I went for the cheapskate option of 12 Mbps though. :p 12 Mbps is more than enough, I've never had a connection faster than 5 Mbps so more than double that for a slightly less fee is good.

I am pretty sure that peachy was bragging about having 20 Mbps (or thereabouts) some time last year. :writing:

I'm guessing that he was at somebody else's house and pretending it was his connection. :p

Things like Netflix and YouTube just load, no buffering -- and immediately in HD. That's the most noticeable thing.
The other night I was on the iPad and both my nephews were watching Netflix on their iPads and I had a YouTube going on the computer and nothing buffered and the browsing on my iPad wasn't slowed down. It's Sweet!
At my house I can be watching Netflix or YouTube upstairs while my parents are watching Stan or Netflix downstairs... The only time we've had a problem with buffering was when I was watching something on foxtel go, downstairs my parents show on Netflix kept on buffering... I've concluded that it was foxtels fault, their foxtel go app is stupid and kills the internet.

I've had NBN since late February of this year. I went for the cheapskate option of 12 Mbps though. :p 12 Mbps is more than enough, I've never had a connection faster than 5 Mbps so more than double that for a slightly less fee is good.

I am pretty sure that peachy was bragging about having 20 Mbps (or thereabouts) some time last year. :writing:

I'm guessing that he was at somebody else's house and pretending it was his connection. :p

Go back to page one ... My mums house is close to the exchange, so on ADSL2+ she gets anywhere between 16 and 20mbps. I used to go there a lot and download stuff, also stay there some weekends. (She still gets that speed)

My house during the week could sometimes be as low as 3/4 and on a good day maybe like 6/7. So 50speed NBN is a good increase either way :)

12 speed would be good enough if I lived alone. In my house there are a number of devices connected and being used especially in peak times. So 50 was a necessity for us. Ha

Back