Skip to main content

American Idol Ending Next Year

It's a shame, and I still enjoy it in theory, there's nothing wrong with the concept. The talent is definitely wearing a bit thin though.

Season 15 will be the last for American Idol.

Good riddance, I say. It went downhill when Simon Cowell left.
I was sick of the singing/karaoke/'talent' reality shows by the 3rd season of the Australian Idol version. I feel the same about the off-shoots (think you can dance, x factor, the voice etc...) but I guess young families and their children (and oldies/senior citizens) need dull safe inoffensive G/PG rated programs to entertain them.

In surprised it's still going tbh. Has it produced any successful artists as of late? There have been a few obvious ones, but none in years surely?

The Voice is a much better reality singing show.

Idol definitely has a better track record as far as record sales and actual success stories go.

In surprised it's still going tbh. Has it produced any successful artists as of late? There have been a few obvious ones, but none in years surely?

Idol definitely has a better track record as far as record sales and actual success stories go.

I don't care about that. I view singing competitions as just a competition. It is no certainity that you will do well out of it. I just like the format of the voice better.

I don't care about that. I view singing competitions as just a competition. It is no certainity that you will do well out of it. I just like the format of the voice better.

Yeah admittedly I prefer it too. I can take or leave most singing shows, usually leave, but the blind auditions do suck me in. Quite clever really. I do feel like something is amiss with the format though to not really have launched any lasting music careers.

Yeah admittedly I prefer it too. I can take or leave most singing shows, usually leave, but the blind auditions do suck me in. Quite clever really. I do feel like something is amiss with the format though to not really have launched any lasting music careers.

Have you ever seen the american version of the voice?

Have you ever seen the american version of the voice?

Yeah but just one episode. Was it playing on Australian TV before our own series launched do you know? I feel like it was years ago that I watched it but I can't think when or why I saw it.

Yeah but just one episode. Was it playing on Australian TV before our own series launched do you know? I feel like it was years ago that I watched it but I can't think when or why I saw it.

I think it was. I have seen some youtube clips of some of the performances over there. They have done nearly eight seasons. I think Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera, Pharrell, and Blake Shelton are the coaches. Other coaches other the seasons have been Cee Lo Green, Gwen Stefani, and Usher. Country music artist Blake Shelton has won the most with four wins.

The Voice is a much better reality singing show.
I dunno about that.

After awhile they're all appear to be the same shit to me, pardon my French. :p

I actually enjoyed the first 3 season of the Aussie Idol (admittedly each passing season less and less) but by the end of the 3rd I think I had had enough of that type of reality shows ('talent' contests) for several life times.

Big Brother, Survivor, Temptation Island, etc...they're the sorta shows that tickle my fancy because you see human nature with its warts and all that and the fact I get a huge laugh out of the contestants outrageous shenanigans. :p

The cookie cutter 'WHOLESOME' reality shows that appeal to the family demographic?....not so much.

I dunno about that.

After awhile they're all appear to be the same shit to me, pardon my French. :p

I actually enjoyed the first 3 season of the Aussie Idol (admittedly each passing season less and less) but by the end of the 3rd I think I had had enough of that type of reality shows ('talent' contests) for several life times.

Big Brother, Survivor, Temptation Island, etc...they're the sorta shows that tickle my fancy because you see human nature with its warts and all that and the fact I get a huge laugh out of the contestants outrageous shenanigans. :p

The cookie cutter wholesome reality shows that appeal to the family demographic?....not so much.

I enjoyed the 4th season with Damien Leith.

Back