Skip to main content

2021 Speccy Awards šŸ†

Lol someone voted for me for trolling? I wasn't even trying. OK only a teensy bit but that person was a massive troll and deserved it. He should have won that prize tbh.

The Housemate's 15 minutes are up and BB producers are on the hunt for another House due contamination fears after Danny's stay. So that means it's time again for members of Behind Big Brother to vote in the annual Speccy Awards!

For newbies and oldies alike who may be unaware the Speccy Awards are named in honour of much loved member Speculator who sadly passed away in 2010. The Speccys are Behind Big Brother's version of the Oscars and as such are a celebration of this community and the members who frequent it. Voting for the latest round of awards in now open and lurkers and posters alike are invited to cast their votes.

Not all the previous awards will be on offer but you can vote in as many or as few categories as you'd like - but only once - and remember only politicians vote for themselves! As always if you run into any problems you can always send me a PM or give me a mention.

Click here to submit your votes.
Voting will be open for a week or so.

• Member of the Year - Awarded to the Behind Big Brother member whose overall contributions brought the most enjoyment to their fellow members.
  • Thread of the Year - Awarded to the thread which had the biggest impact on the most recent Big Brother season and the Behind Big Brother community.
  • Speculator Memorial Award - Named in honour of the late member Speculator. This award is conferred upon a past member of Behind Big Brother whose contributions are most missed.
  • Award for Best Newcomer - Awarded to the best new member of Behind Big Brother. They may have been a former lurker or a brand new sign up but their arrival sure did make a splash.
  • Award for Most Respected Member - Awarded to a loveable member of Behind Big Brother whose attitude and actions were never unwanted and always appreciated.
  • Award for Most Loyal Supporter - Awarded to a particularly fanatical fan whose loyalty to their chosen housemate went above and beyond through think and thin.
  • Award for Most Fickle Supporter - Awarded to a particularly fair weather fan whose loyalty to any one housemate seemed to last no longer than an episode.
  • Award for Quickest Wit - Awarded to the sharp tongued member whose ingenious quips and comebacks had the community of Behind Big Brother in stitches.
  • Award for Creative Excellence - Awarded to the visionary member of Behind Big Brother whose artistic creations were truly masterful be they hilarious photoshops or iconic GIFs.
  • Award for Insightful Commentary - Awarded to the insightful member whose inputs were at times thought provoking and always well knowledged.
  • Award for Outstanding Trolling - Awarded to the innovative member whose efforts in trolling Behind Big Brother were unrivalled and reviled.
  • Staff Appreciation Award - While a light touch may be used when moderating Behind Big Brother, we still have staff. This award is given to the our favourite member of staff.
It's very surprising & a great honour!

tenor.gif

The votes for the 2021 Speccy Awards are in and counted.

šŸ† THE WINNERS ARE...

Member of the Year
@bleachy_dude - It's positively shocking that it's taken this long for you to win!

Thread of the Year
Big Brother Australia 2021: Final 3 by @stat man - Your powers of foresight may have dimmed just a bit.

Speculator Memorial Award
@the Theorist - That we're still here and you're not... Oh BB how far you've fallen.

Award for Best Newcomer
@BBpenguin88 - You evaded the border closures and aren't going home any time soon.

Award for Most Respected Member
@Mr Stickyfingers - How could we not respect our BBBA elder.

Award for Most Loyal Supporter
@bleachy_dude - You're loyal to the HMs, loyal to BB, and loyal to BBBA. You're so damn loyal!

Award for Most Fickle Supporter
@Columbo - You're that fast paced ever changing Goldie life.

Award for Quickest Wit
@MADONNA - Sustained by the blood of virgins you've survived another year and earned another crown.

Award for Creative Excellence
@KTOM - There has to be an upside to working for channel 7... GIFs!

Award for Insightful Commentary
@Kingston - I'm not convinced people weren't voting for the biscuit.

Award for Outstanding Trolling
@Columbo - Talk about a close one!

Staff Appreciation Award
@Brekkie - I'm beginning to think this race is rigged.

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

Congratulations to all our deserving winners!

And thanks for participating! Full votes can be found here.​
Shock & awed at the award, thanks so very much!

Wow. Thanks for the nods, friends. This place is special and I hope we can continue to enjoy chatting with each other as BB goes on for years to come! Hehe.
Iā€™m okay with being loyal, I have loved this show in all its iterations. This place only enhances the experience, of course.

Member of the Year feels a little too much for me, but I am very greatly appreciative of the votes. I join the ranks of some amazing members who have won this in the past. @Consuela 2013, so deeply appreciate you and everything you have invested in this community. @MADONNA 2014, hilarious given your teasing of Connie in 2013, but of course well deserved. I often finding myself laughing out loud IRL at your posts, the daily thread experience would not be the same without YOU!, @the Theorist 2020, I feel like so often we are two sides of the same coin, sad that sometimes that causes tension, but I really do respect you so much. Not many know more about BB AU than you. The daily threads certainly werenā€™t the same without you this year, but as I said previously, it was probably in your best interests not to keep watching this format. Lots of love to you mate!
I donā€™t feel like I deserve to have my name amongst the level of these guys, but gratefully accept! so thanks guys, and hereā€™s to more years! Xx

The votes for the 2021 Speccy Awards are in and counted.

šŸ† THE WINNERS ARE...

Member of the Year
@bleachy_dude - It's positively shocking that it's taken this long for you to win!

Thread of the Year
Big Brother Australia 2021: Final 3 by @stat man - Your powers of foresight may have dimmed just a bit.

Speculator Memorial Award
@the Theorist - That we're still here and you're not... Oh BB how far you've fallen.

Award for Best Newcomer
@BBpenguin88 - You evaded the border closures and aren't going home any time soon.

Award for Most Respected Member
@Mr Stickyfingers - How could we not respect our BBBA elder.

Award for Most Loyal Supporter
@bleachy_dude - You're loyal to the HMs, loyal to BB, and loyal to BBBA. You're so damn loyal!

Award for Most Fickle Supporter
@Columbo - You're that fast paced ever changing Goldie life.

Award for Quickest Wit
@MADONNA - Sustained by the blood of virgins you've survived another year and earned another crown.

Award for Creative Excellence
@KTOM - There has to be an upside to working for channel 7... GIFs!

Award for Insightful Commentary
@Kingston - I'm not convinced people weren't voting for the biscuit.

Award for Outstanding Trolling
@Columbo - Talk about a close one!

Staff Appreciation Award
@Brekkie - I'm beginning to think this race is rigged.

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

Congratulations to all our deserving winners!

And thanks for participating! Full votes can be found here.​
All of these awards are well deserved. Congrats to all the winners šŸŽ–

Back