Skip to main content

2021 CASTING THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrtskrt

Following up on the recent article posted about phone calls I thought I'd create a casting info thread. 40 minutes seems like a bloody long phone call so not sure if that info is correct? Can anyone confirm?

To be honest, 40 minutes isn’t really that long.

I did roll my eyes at the “What character do you intend to play?” question though.

I feel like it is for a very first interaction. That's such a long time to spend with everyone you call, you wouldn't get through many potential auditionees per day with that type of call duration. I also doubt they'd have enough questions to span the conversation across 40 minutes.

Mine was 15 minutes and I was told at the start of the conversation it would only be 15 minutes. Never asked if I was going to be a certain character either.

I was mainly asked to elaborate on my written application. A question or two about strategy but again that was to elaborate further on what I stated in my online submission.

I was mainly asked to elaborate on my written application. A question or two about strategy but again that was to elaborate further on what I stated in my online submission.

Fair enough! Did they say roughly how long it would take to hear back about the next stage?

Presumably much more will be done remotely this time - if they're truly responsible they'll be no group auditions at all so we'll get no footage of one housemate absolutely hating another due to being in the same audition, only for it to never ever be mentioned again.

Presumably much more will be done remotely this time - if they're truly responsible they'll be no group auditions at all so we'll get no footage of one housemate absolutely hating another due to being in the same audition, only for it to never ever be mentioned again.
Interesting to note that the casting page gives off the vibe they will be doing in person auditions (except for Vic obviously)

Has anyone heard past the phone call stage yet? I had my phone call just over 4 weeks ago and they said I would hear from them in 2-3 weeks. It seemed like I would hear from them even if it was a no, so not sure whether they're just not continuing with my application or whether they may be spending time rejigging their audition process due to the covid restrictions?

Has anyone heard past the phone call stage yet? I had my phone call just over 4 weeks ago and they said I would hear from them in 2-3 weeks. It seemed like I would hear from them even if it was a no, so not sure whether they're just not continuing with my application or whether they may be spending time rejigging their audition process due to the covid restrictions?
You probably won't hear until a week before your states auditions and you won't hear back unless you are successful. This could be anywhere from late August - Early September. How long did your phone call go for just out of curiosity?

You probably won't hear until a week before your states auditions and you won't hear back unless you are successful. This could be anywhere from late August - Early September. How long did your phone call go for just out of curiosity?
Thanks for the response! I thought that might be the case especially because of COVID and the person on the phone said 2-3 weeks was just a rough estimate. My phone call went for about 20 minutes

Would have been back on 1st July I think... Should I keep my day job?
More than likely I would say yes. Only 16 or so people out of say 50k will make it onto the show, that is not a lot. Wouldn’t be hard to quit if you got the role would it?

Im curious though to the ones who have applied, how will you go with getting time off work? Dont they want you to set aside 8-10 weeks if you are susccesful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back