Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

That’s a brilliant result! Especially the numbers going up for eviction (I guess Masterchef and the voice had also ended at that time).

not fantastic tbh, ESA’s other offerings have all premiered to audiences in the millions. Big Brother premiered to only 800k with it building to 900k when someone was being booted.

There’s just too fucking much happening in one episode it’s so overwhelming.

not fantastic tbh, ESA’s other offerings have all premiered to audiences in the millions. Big Brother premiered to only 800k with it building to 900k when someone was being booted.

The result was excellent considering the voice and Masterchef were its competition and it beat them both.

• "The launch episode attracted a peak audience of 930,000 metro viewers. An additional 368,000 regional viewers tuned in for a national audience of 1.298 million."
  • "The #1 show for 25-54s as well as being the #1 non-news show for all viewers. On top of that, it was also the #1 show in the younger demographic of P16-39 as well as other key advertising demos."
  • "It was also the most-watched live entertainment program on BVOD ever."
The last point is very impressive - although I'm unsure how that is calculated. Is it just 7Plus, or all platforms?

I'm not surprised at all the first episode got such a high number overall. Extremely great news for Seven and I'm sure there's a lot of people sighing a breath of relief this morning. But the real test will be over the next couple weeks and whether they can sustain that viewership...

Those are fantastic ratings and much more than I was expecting given how 7's other reality offerings like MKR and House Rules have rated.

It was the 4th highest reality show premiere this year just behind MAFS, Masterchef and The Voice.

• "The launch episode attracted a peak audience of 930,000 metro viewers. An additional 368,000 regional viewers tuned in for a national audience of 1.298 million."
  • "The #1 show for 25-54s as well as being the #1 non-news show for all viewers. On top of that, it was also the #1 show in the younger demographic of P16-39 as well as other key advertising demos."
  • "It was also the most-watched live entertainment program on BVOD ever."
The last point is very impressive - although I'm unsure how that is calculated. Is it just 7Plus, or all platforms?

I'm not surprised at all the first episode got such a high number overall. Extremely great news for Seven and I'm sure there's a lot of people sighing a breath of relief this morning. But the real test will be over the next couple weeks and whether they can sustain that viewership...

It's just 7plus being counted.

"It was also the most-watched live entertainment program on BVOD ever."

SO good!
I hope it does well on time shifted viewing à la Love Island too.

I pretty much exclusively use my Apple TV to watch everything these days. Including live streaming FTA shows I want to watch in real time (Survivor being the main one).

Proves the interest in the brand is still there. Remains to be seen if the interest in the show Seven are churning out under that brand remains - Nine somewhat giving them a free pass this week.

Episode Two: Tuesday 9th June 2020
Overnight total viewers:
Main show: (7) 817,000
Eviction: (6) 842,000

Masterchef was #5 - over 1million viewers
Masterchef was #1 in each demographic, but BB was #2 and #3

Tonight's ratings will be interesting given BB has neither Masterchef nor The Voice as competition. Will it attract extra viewers or will the viewers turn to streaming services instead.

Tonight's ratings will be interesting given BB has neither Masterchef nor The Voice as competition. Will it attract extra viewers or will the viewers turn to streaming services instead.
I thought Masterchef was on tonight.

Back