Skip to main content

2020 Ratings Thread

Columbo

Never again
To post about the ratings that this upcoming series of Big Brother Australia will be getting.

What do you think the launch numbers will look like?

What about for the episodes after that?

Which demographic will be the strongest for Big Brother Australia?

unreal-tv-ratings-gif-data.gif

Disco Mum is gonna be optimistic!!! I am an optimistic mummy so I think the ratings will be at 1.3 million!! I'm all for that nostalgia of the old BB ratings except i'm not old HAHAHA LOL!! Get it?!?! I'm so in with the trends these days!! Down with the lingo all the kids are using HAHAHA LOL!!

Back I go to dancing with all my disco mummas with some BeeGeez hits and red wine!! Off the kids go to bed, getting late!!

Disco Mum is gonna be optimistic!!! I am an optimistic mummy so I think the ratings will be at 1.3 million!! I'm all for that nostalgia of the old BB ratings except i'm not old HAHAHA LOL!! Get it?!?! I'm so in with the trends these days!! Down with the lingo all the kids are using HAHAHA LOL!!

Back I go to dancing with all my disco mummas with some BeeGeez hits and red wine!! Off the kids go to bed, getting late!!

It isn't going to get 1.3 million at launch. That is a ridiculous number.

It isn't going to get 1.3 million at launch. That is a ridiculous number.
I am an optimistic mummy! I always teach my kids to be optimistic! I don't think we should be Negative Nancies and think the ratings will be bad. Hands up who loves krugs!!!! I think many viewers will be watching because of her!! As a mother Krugs has been my idol for a long time! I even called my children Maggie like her child. And another one of my children is called Sonia!!

Don’t feed the trolls.
I beg your pardon young MR! I challenge you to a dance off! Then we'll see who's trolling! My fist pumping and twerking skills will absolutely obliterate you!

Just because i'm being optimistic doesn't mean i'm a troll!

You need to take a good look in the mirror and reflect on the person you are and want to be. Positivity and dancing is the way to go in life!

I reckon even if the series is averaging around the 600k mark, they'd renew it, cause they don't have MKR next year, house rules flopped this year. They're really struggling in the RTV department, they're best option is to hope that BB could grow given time.

What's it going up against on Nine - is Ninja Warrior back?

Can't see it doing much more than 700-800k, then settling around 400-500k.

Well, the digital ad targetting was accurate!

Not sure what proportion of overall viewers FTA delivers, but was just thinking of Home and Away's ratings slide and earlier (rumoured) axing....

I wonder if Ch7 is aiming to most resourcefully recruit by persuading - H&A viewers (680k) not to flick off, and then viewers of their top rating news (1 m+) to stay/return... via HEAVY in-show ads? Then poaching non-loyal viewers from elsewhere (MC & Voice) - likely far more difficult and costly... Hope to see some new and powerful ads this week delivering just under 1 million for launch! Haha.

Beyond the 25-54 demo...I'm afraid they're heading 16-39 with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF it does well, do you think they’d try a summer series to go up against I’m a Celeb considering they don’t have Aus Open anymore? A la Love Island Summer & Winter/ Celebrity Big Brother in winter & Big Brother in summer

IF it does well, do you think they’d try a summer series to go up against I’m a Celeb considering they don’t have Aus Open anymore? A la Love Island Summer & Winter/ Celebrity Big Brother in winter & Big Brother in summer
That's an interesting thought. To me, it feels like it's erring more towards a direct competitor to I'm a Celeb anyway, rather than traditional Big Brother or Survivor. Hope not, tho. If they did a summer season, do you think there might be room for tweaking the format?

Back