Skip to main content

2014 Promo: Vote Now (possibly a fake *wink wink*)

Vote for the producer of Big Brother 2014

• Peter Abbott

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Kris Noble

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Tim Toni

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Virginia Hodgson

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Alex Mavroidakis

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marquisite

Original BB Fanatic
Staff member
Administrator
In 2014, you've got more say than ever before, as you'll be deciding who takes on the role of Executive Producer.

The 2014 promo which has been spotted is in the next post :eek:.

Remember, you're voting for your favourite producer. The producer who gets the most votes, gets the job.

Which producer casted the most likeble housemates? Which producer casted the most entertaining? Who was behind the most interesting twists? Who was most true to the Big Brother format? Consider all of these questions & any others you think of while voting. You're more than welcome to submit a reply with justification for who got your vote.

At least, this is how it could play out... but in reality, there is no producer vote happening or any 2014 promo yet :(. But let us pretend this is real. Including the TV channel endboard featuring a number other than 9, which probably would lead to a bigger set of format changes than just changing EP's. ;););).

Last edited:
I like your creativity, but it really needs to be said that the EP position really isn't anything near what it used to be... It's been proven time and time again in the more recent series, that Alex M is essentially just a figure head... It's NINE that are pretty much dictating the series as it progresses and Alex is essentially there to facilitate the networks wishes...

I voted for Peter as it was under his run that uplate came to be (in the third series which was his last), so maybe he could reinsert it again.

I like your creativity, but it really needs to be said that the EP position really isn't anything near what it used to be... It's been proven time and time again in the more recent series, that Alex M is essentially just a figure head... It's NINE that are pretty much dictating the series as it progresses and Alex is essentially there to facilitate the networks wishes...

Ugh. Read the italics Kingston.

I bet you voted Mavroidaidnksidn

I voted Peter Abbott.

I actually think that the producer makes a big difference. Regardless of the pressures from the networks the producer certainly influences the 'feel' of the show.

Peter ran the show more naturally and was more interested in continuing the narrative of the housemates in a true and faithful fashion.

I LOVE the 'fine print' at the end [MENTION=677]marquisite[/MENTION] haha

[MENTION=29222]Kingston[/MENTION] [MENTION=486]bleachy_dude[/MENTION] It is true, the network ultimately has the final say as they're the ones forking out the dough (notice the network logo in the ident at the end? ;)). But a good salesperson knows how to influence network decisions for the better of the format (and improve public reaction & ratings gradually).

BBAU has been different under each EP - example is 2008 under Virginia and the 'stunt casting' plus lack of live shows aside from FNL, initially. Specials were taped and edited e.g. Carson 2-part special and the hypnotist. The Pamela special being live and all was more true to the format of old, though.

[MENTION=29222]Kingston[/MENTION] [MENTION=486]bleachy_dude[/MENTION] It is true, the network ultimately has the final say as they're the ones forking out the dough (notice the network logo in the ident at the end? ;)). But a good salesperson knows how to influence network decisions for the better of the format (and improve public reaction & ratings gradually).

BBAU has been different under each EP - example is 2008 under Virginia and the 'stunt casting' plus lack of live shows aside from FNL, initially. Specials were taped and edited e.g. Carson 2-part special and the hypnotist. The Pamela special being live and all was more true to the format of old, though.

Lol! I didn't see the ident. But now I did and I love it. Great work

Please don't talk to me like I'm some sort of idiot... I knew exactly what was going on... I just had to throw some sort of reality in to the conversation before this thread got way out of hand...

And TBH I'm certain the powers that be at NINE have a pretty good idea of what they are looking for well before Alex M or any EP steps in to the equation... I honestly believe that it would have to take an immaculate salesman to sway anything they already have their minds set on...

It's also pretty clear that any time the EP position has changed hands has simply signaled a natural transition period for the series... You're right that with each EP the series has changed but I don't believe for a moment that the changes initiated with the EP... But it was rather the network signalling that they wanted the show to deviate and take on a new form...

The only possible exception being the transition from Peter Abbott to Kris Noble... However in that case one could still argue that the network went out of it's way to find an EP that they felt wouldn't simply rehash an Abbott style production... It should also be said that the "back to basics" theme was most likely determined by TEN before Kris Noble was guaranteed the job...

Last edited:
I thought the EP was hired by the production company. Not the network.

I'm not denying for a second that Nine have had massive influence and control over the resurrection of BB. However traditionally shows are developed by the production companies completely separate from networks who shop it around to networks who buy on concepts or with scripted shows, on pilots. There are some 'in house' exceptions. BB is not one.

I am happy for you that you felt you needed to be the voice of reason or whatever but you have taken this way off topic. OP was asking us to suspend reality for the purpose of this thread not to 'throw some sort of reality' here.

... but in reality, there is no producer vote happening or any 2014 promo yet :(. But let us pretend this is real.

So back on topic. The flavour of each series of bb has been different with the different EPs (and plenty of similarities in their successive years) and I can honestly look back and name things in each generation that I appreciated for what it was.

I still vote Abbott even though I don't completely hate the game show slant of Mav-whatshishface's years.

Marquisite, is this your VO on the promo? You could work in the industry.

Marquisite, is this your VO on the promo? You could work in the industry.

No, not my voice. But the voice is a member here! I applied the digital effects and whatnot from a raw clip, however.

I have too much of an accent to do these kind of VO's :p

I voted Noble.

Reason being (as I've said many times), BB05's FNL was my first exposure to Big Brother. I actually enjoyed the casts from 05/06 (and I know that they're widely criticised for being "frat/jock" houses (06 more so), but I really enjoyed them). Also, I've read somewhere that Noble was also the voice of BB during those seasons, and to me he was the right guy for the job. Deep voice, harsh penalties for misbehaviour.

On another note, a lot of this vote could be bias via "rose-coloured glasses". I'm sure that those who have been watching the show since the very start voted for Abbott because he produced the "Big Brother Australia" that they fell in love with. It's the same case for me with voting Noble, I've watched bits and pieces of the pre-Noble era and although I missed a fair bit of this season, I caught Mav's work in 2012. I would also presume that the majority of those voting for Mav are new-ish to the franchise. I'm not saying that this is definitely the case, but I think that it may be the case for some voters.

I voted for Peter Abbott on the basis of series 1/2/3 having the most authentic, ordinary, average-looking, run-of-the-mill housemates. Very few (if any) models & fame-whores, with the emphasis being on personality rather than looks & body-size.

Also, I've read somewhere that Noble was also the voice of BB during those seasons, and to me he was the right guy for the job. Deep voice, harsh penalties for misbehaviour.

This is common misinformation - the only EP to voice BB was Abbott :). In Noble's era, the main deep voice was a series producer, Nick Colquhoun.

I thought the EP was hired by the production company. Not the network.

The network is law... I'm sure that in the Peter Abbott days he had a lot more freedom in terms of creativity and casting however the networks have been taking more control as each series progresses... Essentially it is the network who chooses who they want to "produce" their show... Regardless of who the EP actually works for...

Just as I said before... The EP is essentially just a figure head and the twist that this thread represents is bullshit... End of...

Last edited:
The network is law... I'm sure that in the Peter Abbott days he had a lot more freedom in terms of creativity and casting however the networks have been taking more control as each series progresses... Essentially it is the network who chooses who they want to "produce" their show...

Oh wow, I haven't seen you for a while :eek:

This is really strange looking over this again. Until now I always thought the only ones to ever be in charge were peter, kris and Alex. Never knew of Tim and Virginia.

Back