Skip to main content

The Summit

Thing

Garden Variety Troll.....
Awesome site donor
Anyone watching this? I quite like it.... LOVE the bush trails they are navigating to access the mountain, the scenery is so beautiful. I love NZ, the mountains are huge & the terrain is quite spectacular..

Funnily enough I was messaging my sister the other night and SHE WAS WATCHING IT. She never watches Channel Nine, let alone reality shows. So that was weird. I downloaded what I thought was the first ep and realised it was Ep 2 but no matter, it was good and I'll stay with it.

I really hope SBS does the second season of Alone Australia over there. South Island's west coast would be great. That place in Tassie is bereft of food options. It's just sad. But there's a thread for that show so apologies for the digression.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I was messaging my sister the other night and SHE WAS WATCHING IT. She never watches Channel Nine, let alone reality shows. So that was weird. I downloaded what I thought was the first ep and realised it was Ep 2 but no matter, it was good and I'll stay with it.

I really hope SBS does the second season of Alone Australia over there. South Island's west coast would be great. That place in Tassie is bereft of food options. It's just sad. But there's a thread for that show so apologies for the digression.
I haven't watched it yet but have it (the first 2 episodes) recorded.
I don't know what is going on but the episode that should have been episode one was labelled episode 2 in the program guide.
As far as I know if there was an episode one, they didn't air it.

I haven't watched it yet but have it (the first 2 episodes) recorded.
I don't know what is going on but the episode that should have been episode one was labelled episode 2 in the program guide.
As far as I know if there was an episode one, they didn't air it.
The one I downloaded began with what had happened previously though at the start. Initially I thought it was a preview of what was "coming up tonight". But I've checked Reddit and ep 1 was uploaded the previous day, so yes it's out there if you want to watch it. Either Nine Now or I can send you a link if you want. I didn't bother, just stuck with the one I'd just started watching.

I actually had SBS on demand website open at the page to watch Alone Australia, but I haven't watched it yet. I probably had a senior moment and opened the page then went and made a cup of tea and forgot what the hell I was doing on the PC and did something else O_O:p
I'll pop it on the watch list ...

I finally caught up. *** SPOILERS *** if you haven't watched the first 3 episodes - don't read my post :p

I know myself being a tad overweight and not physically fit I struggle to do a 1-2 hour walk up hills, so I couldn't imagine Kitty lasting more than a day or so.

I loved how its become a division between the Fatties & the Fitties ... You have to choose your words so carefully in these game show scenarios and as Sam found out. Stating that Gemma, Jans & himself were the '3 most capable' has had dire repercussions & possibly will stick around to haunt them more. Once they decided to keep information secret from a dropped duffle bag re Sam's immunity from the next vote - well, they were rolling the dice with that decision. And it didn't pan out too well as the producers decided to drop him in it by having the host tell Sam to fess up to what was in the note. I was glad to see that Gemma got the royal boot by her peers as a direct message that the group won't stand for people withholding information - that sent a shiver through Jans & Sam. Jans was overly (& pathetically) too nice to everyone after seeing his alliance member Gemma booted off by the majority of the group.

I find it amusing when people get into a power position they become dictatorial such as Jacqui did. She was becoming so painful, you could start a drinking game for when every time she mentioned she was a gold medal winner and the number 5, FIVE medals people, FIVE is how many I have won... Then she had a major melt down when Brooke slid near her and 'almost smashed her new hip to pieces' :) as she retold the story to virtually everyone on the mountain. And in another twist we see Brooke sprint to a dropped duffle bag ahead of anyone else. Which made me think it was planned & perhaps a producer had a whisper in her ear (if you see a bag drop from a helicopter, you WANT TO BE THE 1st to get to it, hint,hint)

Because it gives the reader of the bag note (Brooke) the power to boot someone & she picked Jacqui :arghh: YAY.. we don't have to endure another episode of her dictating to everyone what SHE wants.. ie/ my new hip hurts from walking down the hills - much slower than everyone else, so much so that we are now way behind again... and I want to STOP HERE NOW and make camp. Even though the rest of you have stated you want to continue further... SO no more Jacqui and we don't get to hear how many times she has won medals FIVE if you didn't know...:D

I'm guessing it will be like the bridge reality show and whoever reaches the top first will get a choice to keep it all or split the $$$$, I hope its not Sam at the end...

Was Gemma from something else? She looked familiar. Or just a generic type?

I sat down to watch episode 3 tonight... and it turned out to be episode 1, that they didn't show the first night when they started at episode 2.
How did Nine stuff up so badly?

I watched it anyway, and while it isn't as much fun when you know who will be gone soon, it was interesting getting a few more back-stories.

I sat down to watch episode 3 tonight... and it turned out to be episode 1, that they didn't show the first night when they started at episode 2.
How did Nine stuff up so badly?

The link I sent you was definitely Ep 1. Trusty Reddit guy has posted eps 1-3 on the days they aired, so they were all correct.

The link I sent you was definitely Ep 1. Trusty Reddit guy has posted eps 1-3 on the days they aired, so they were all correct.
Oh yeah, nothing wrong with your links. These were my recordings off tv,.
It's also possible channel Nine only aired them in the wrong order in Adelaide, I guess.

Oh yeah, nothing wrong with your links. These were my recordings off tv,.
It's also possible channel Nine only aired them in the wrong order in Adelaide, I guess.
Perhaps they did, very odd because it all comes from Nine's national playout centre in Sydney. Someone must have been having a sneaky spliff at work.

It just doesn't fit my TV viewing schedule at the moment. When I went to check out the first episode it was a case of, "Oh I don't have two hours right now."

Yeah I was thinking that too - I couldn't find anything about him which was relatable to me or even that show :)

Due to budget restraints, 9 hierarchy have told the producers, "We've allowed you to hire someone on basic casual wages for the entirety of this production - we don't care who you get - run an advert on the local positions vacant board at centrelink for a host :arghh:"

"We've allowed you to hire someone on basic casual wages for the entirety of this production - we don't care who you get - run an advert on the local positions vacant board at centrelink for a host :arghh:"
jai courtney.gif

He can't be cheap though, he's a regularly working actor who has been in some pretty big things. Sure he never became a big star, but that doesn't mean there isn't a premium.

Another good episode.

The sooner Sam and Jans are gone the better.

Meanwhile, there's a Josh, and he isn't that nice.

There was an Anneki, who got to speak because she was going.

And there's a lady wearing pink called Indi or something, but... *shrugs*

Back