Skip to main content

The Bridge Australia

So did Dean have a meltdown after the cameras stopped rolling? Or anyone really?
No. There were no major meltdowns. You could tell a couple definitely thought they would get something but kept their emotions under control. Tbh we all knew what voting for Bardie meant and I think pretty much everybody was happy with the outcome by the time we left Tas! Obviously the show needed to build suspense so a lot of what Bardie said at the final campfire about not sharing didn’t make the cut.

The Tony votes were mainly protest votes because it was quite obvious after Elliot’s little reveal that it was going to go Bardie’s way, and our splitting the vote wasn’t going to work out. That’s why Allira and I then got vocal about voting Tony to rally votes for him. We knew he probably wouldn’t share (we all had a pretty strong idea he stole the $20k lol), but tried to throw one last curveball to an otherwise predictable ending haha.

Unfortunately most people didn’t realise it was a game or realised too late.
Did you immediately regret telling Elliot and Maddie about your strategy? It was unclear in the edit if they were naive about the game aspects or simply did not care about taking home money. Do you think your plan would have worked if you tried to manipulate Elliot and Maddie instead of trying to bring them in?

Also if those two were determined to be so self-righteous why not rally the votes behind one of them instead of Bardie knowing they would share the money with everyone.

Did you immediately regret telling Elliot and Maddie about your strategy? It was unclear in the edit if they were naive about the game aspects or simply did not care about taking home money. Do you think your plan would have worked if you tried to manipulate Elliot and Maddie instead of trying to bring them in?

Also if those two were determined to be so self-righteous why not rally the votes behind one of them instead of Bardie knowing they would share the money with everyone.
Not immediately because they were initially onboard. They changed their minds the next day!

I don’t think there was any chance Mads and Elliot wouldn’t have rallied for Bardie, or if one of them won, just given it all to her. For some reason they were 100% in that camp and would not waiver after the game aspect was brought to their attention!

I think in hindsight the best gameplay would’ve been: don’t tell anyone, vote T out sooner and vote out either Maddie or Elliot (which would’ve happened on the boys trip, if Jessi wasn’t so adamant on going home). That way the vote split would’ve been a lot easier because, while nobody wanted to overtly play the game (aside from T, who I didn’t trust), they were all rooting for themselves (except Maddie and Elliot). They would’ve all happily “thrown away” their votes if they thought it improved their chances and that was Allira and I’s whole strategy, to leverage the split and we would only need 3 votes and we were two easy “throw aways” because everyone else perceived themselves to be a much harder worker. BUT hindsight is a beautiful thing haha

No. There were no major meltdowns. You could tell a couple definitely thought they would get something but kept their emotions under control. Tbh we all knew what voting for Bardie meant and I think pretty much everybody was happy with the outcome by the time we left Tas! Obviously the show needed to build suspense so a lot of what Bardie said at the final campfire about not sharing didn’t make the cut.

The Tony votes were mainly protest votes because it was quite obvious after Elliot’s little reveal that it was going to go Bardie’s way, and our splitting the vote wasn’t going to work out. That’s why Allira and I then got vocal about voting Tony to rally votes for him. We knew he probably wouldn’t share (we all had a pretty strong idea he stole the $20k lol), but tried to throw one last curveball to an otherwise predictable ending haha.
Thanks for sharing Madison. So interesting that you had a pretty strong idea that it was Tony who got the money.

Do you think there was anyone who would have actually shared the money? Dean made it seem like he thought it was the only “right” way to play the game.

Thanks for sharing Madison. So interesting that you had a pretty strong idea that it was Tony who got the money.

Do you think there was anyone who would have actually shared the money? Dean made it seem like he thought it was the only “right” way to play the game.
Dean claims he would’ve kept it and split it after finding out who stole the $20k (when the show aired). But I doubt that lol.

The irony is I think Allira winning would’ve split it the most ways.

I don’t believe anyone would’ve shared it all ways. MAYBE Steve, Jessi and Jonesy. But that’s a very big maybe!

I’m keen for Alone Australia which I assume will be filmed in Tassie, too.
OT in this thread, but I've recently become hooked on Alone. Still working through all the US seasons. Had actually thought NZ's west coast (South Island) might be a good location. They could kill possums and rats, and, um, ducks maybe. Made me wonder what critters you are allowed to kill there, as I suspect most if not all native birds are probably out. Snaring a kākāpō would be just terrible. Should start a thread for this.

I don’t think there was any chance Mads and Elliot wouldn’t have rallied for Bardie, or if one of them won, just given it all to her. For some reason they were 100% in that camp and would not waiver after the game aspect was brought to their attention!
Bardie seems like a sweet person, but that must have been so odd and frustrating that they would not waiver.

and vote out either Maddie or Elliot (which would’ve happened on the boys trip, if Jessi wasn’t so adamant on going home).
That's an interesting insight. If Jessi stayed and one of them was voted out, it could have changed everything.

It would have been fun to see you and Allira on Survivor or Big Brother, something less stifling to your gameplay.

Bardie seems like a sweet person, but that must have been so odd and frustrating that they would not waiver.

That's an interesting insight. If Jessi stayed and one of them was voted out, it could have changed everything.

It would have been fun to see you and Allira on Survivor or Big Brother, something less stifling to your gameplay.
I am glad to have shared the experience with a great bunch of cast mates but I do wish it had been a little more competitive with more strategic game players, for sure!

Guessing there has been nothing announced about a second season?
I am pretty sure “The Summit”, which is going to be on 9 is basically the same premise. Not sure if Paramount passed up S2 or if the premises just seem to be very similar. The blurb from upfronts uses the word “morals” and “tested” several times, so …

Tbh if the notion is that each year is a different team challenge, it’s actually kind of a clever idea on Endemol’s part IMHO

If anyone missed this and wants to watch, 10 will be airing this season starting Thursday in Gogglebox's slot.

Still no word on a second season though.

It's now airing Mon-Thu this week replacing Masterchef following the death of Jock Zonfrillo.

Last edited:
Was supposed to be on a 7:30 tonight but it will now air at 9:30. 2 episodes though.

They'll be wanting to wrap it up or air it in a later slot so they can concentrate on MasterChef from Sunday.

Was supposed to be on a 7:30 tonight but it will now air at 9:30. 2 episodes though.

They'll be wanting to wrap it up or air it in a later slot so they can concentrate on MasterChef from Sunday.
FYI it’s a short show, so the other double airing tomorrow will wrap up the season

It only drew 173k viewers on Monday, but bear in mind there was zero promotion for it, not to mention 10 had already aired that first episode previously before it aired on Paramount+. Tuesday must have rated just as badly. Shame really as it's my kind of reality show. Sure there is some conniving and game play, but it's not full on like other shows, and it's not padded out with pointless challenges. That was what killed The Traitors for me... all those stupid challenges I had to fast forward, which were moot when they ended up with the full prize money regardless.

Back