Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 21

What do you think of the Producers?… they should…

• Total voters

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
…this will be my final Poll so others can post their final Polls… it may as well be in tonight’s episode… so!… the last of Sticky’s shit Polls… thank God eh?… cheers.

Last edited:
Good poll - very VERY on cue atm :arghh: :bawling::p

FTP - F*** The Producers...

Your thread is a bit early - Survivor isn't on for another 5 days :biggrin: :cool:

Yeah soz Unk. Only Sun/Mon for the last couple of weeks

…aw bugger!… really?… sorry guys… I thought it was on tonight… what a numbnuts eh?… now I’ll have to find something else to watch lol!… thanks for telling me though… cheers.

No episode, but read this instead.

I still call shenanigans.
They may not know for sure that George is in danger when they make their plans, but they know it's a possibility.

Last night they stuffed up and saved Nina, lol.

The perception is they fix things and that is the real problem. A show like this needs to feel like everything is above board.

Editing the entire series around the point of view of George has ruined things for me - I probably wouldn't hate him so much if they gave us episodes from the perception of other players more often. Indeed makes you wonder whether with a different approach to editing that Gerry or Matt could have been made to look like the strategic masterminds of the season. :D

The perception is they fix things and that is the real problem. A show like this needs to feel like everything is above board.

Editing the entire series around the point of view of George has ruined things for me - I probably wouldn't hate him so much if they gave us episodes from the perception of other players more often. Indeed makes you wonder whether with a different approach to editing that Gerry or Matt could have been made to look like the strategic masterminds of the season. :D

…what really shits me is the fact that the Producers don’t even try to hide their favouritism towards certain players like George etc… they don’t even care that we as viewers see it so blatantly… the players themselves must be aware of it too… but the Producers wouldn’t even care if they did notice it… it’s almost as if they are just making the show for THEMSELVES only… the weird void in which they live is how they create the show… exclusively for themselves on how only they think it should look… stuff the viewers… as long as they sell the show to the Channel that they make it for… that’s all that matters…

…and… when the show first came out… it was in its purest form… it was the best that it would ever be… so why add things to the format each season?… why not leave it as it originally was?… if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it!… this is the same for ‘Big Brother‘ too… strip it back to it’s purest form… no ‘twists’ no fake eliminations no ‘redemptions’ no bringing evicted players back from the dead etc… just leave the original concept the fuck alone… then we might love watching these shows again… don’t treat us viewers as being total morons… we deserve better… you should be ashamed of yourselves… rant over… cheers.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that every time someone finds an idol, there happens to be someone with a camera right there. If this isn’t being manipulated by production, then are contestants made to reenact their discovery? As for some people getting way more airtime than others, I suspect they film a lot more confessionals, but the boring ones, or ones that don’t serve the storylines, end up on the cutting room floor. Not everyone’s as entertaining as Simon, George and Shonee. Not everyone’s at the centre of the action either, so their perspectives aren’t always essential to the narrative. I don’t think this kind of favouritism matters; it’s only in shows where there’s a public vote to eliminate contestants that it’s not fair.

I think the storytelling has been pretty good this season, but in an effort to ensure the Tribal outcome doesn’t appear too obvious from the beginning of the episode, they omit too much, leaving the narrative full of holes. It’s frustrating when the outcome doesn’t make sense and we know we’re missing something integral. I think they should allow some episodes to play out fully, even if it means the outcome is more predictable, if it means we get a more rounded perspective on what’s going on. Sometimes the red herrings seem so arbitrary.

They also find them in daylight too. Obviously would be harder to find them in the dark but I'm guessing they're only allowed to go looking when production allow it.

No secret I'm not a fan of idols but I particularly don't like them just being hidden at camp - it brings Survivor down to just being an easter egg hunt. Other than the cookie jar farce too it always seems to be an idol which is there to find now, rather than a clue being hidden or won which has to be solved to find the tribal.

I much prefer them having to do something a bit more to get the idol - whether it's trash a reward, grab them in the middle of a challenge or get a clue telling them they're at idol.

Make the idols harder to find and less frequent in the game and they work in the way they were intended originally and add to the show. Make it so one gets found virtually every episode and played almost as often, and very rarely tactically, and they're a poor addition which compromises the integrity of the whole game.

Indeed with that said the last few tribals have been all the better for idols not really being a factor.

Last edited:
…I wonder if The Pags himself ever says stuff like “guys… it’s looking too bloody obvious that you’re favouring George” or “give one of the others a break for a change eh?” or anything similar?… surely HE’S not oblivious to it all?… he’s not stupid at all… cheers.

…I wish that Simon hadn’t been on his ‘be-the-hero-to-bring-down-king-George-at-all-costs’ campaign… he never had the brains or the ability to carry it off… in him trying to be ‘famous’ as ‘George the giant slayer’ he gave the Producers the golden opportunity to make him out as a complete buffoon… the fool who is ‘completely out of his depth’ edit… encouraging viewers to mock him so much (I’m guilty of this too)… he’s probably a nice guy outside of this show but we will never know thanks to the Producers…

…at least he won the car even with his shit edit so I guess he can look back and think to himself ‘I may have been up for a lot of ridicule and was made to look like a complete idiot from the Producers but at least I have a brand new car’… I’m actually hoping that if my fellow Pensioner Gerry doesn’t win this then perhaps Simon… he’s winning me over because of having been given such a shit edit along with his total ineptitude of making any impact in regards to being so unable to do anything tactical… he’s a bumbling fumbling inept player but he’s harmless…

…he reminds me of being the last kid picked to be on a footy team… nobody wants him to be in their tribe either… it would be hilarious if he IS the one that finally gets rid of George… what with winning his car AND winning the show too he would probably have a mental mind fuck explode in his head!… I’d love to see him do that lol!… cheers.

Simon is the most likeable person on this season by far.
Yes, he's been made out to be the village idiot, but that's only because no one is willing to work with him.
The more he tries, the more he fails.
But what is better than an underdog story?
He's a challenge beast, and if he can only find enough brain cells to orchestrate George's downfall, he'll be deserving of the win.

Having nobody really working with him from very early on the game has absolutely saved Simon - he wouldn't have got this far as part of an alliance, and it's made him more likeable. He's also far more self aware than George and some of the others - he knows he's shit at the game but he's also actively always trying to do something. I'd much rather see someone try and repeatedly fail to make a move get to the end over someone who gets there by not making any moves all season for themselves.

Looking ahead to Sunday and how it might play out - history shows that when George is suspicious of an ally he turned on the ally, so could he target Gerry on Sunday rather than Nina? I also think Matt is very much on George's radar and though I think it'll be unfair for him to go having been told he is "guaranteed a one in five shot" after winning immunity at final 6 it wouldn't surprise me. He has shown himself to be of no use to Simon or Nina repeatedly so they're better off going elsewhere - Liz is probably the best bet to turn on George.

I still call shenanigans.
They may not know for sure that George is in danger when they make their plans, but they know it's a possibility.

Last night they stuffed up and saved Nina, lol.
I don't full buy that they don't pick and choose when to use them. I think they have them ready to use when they're suspicious of one of their pets being voted out. The only reason Shonee wasn't saved is probably because they thought she would use her idol. Even if it ends up being the truth that they actually DO plan it beforehand, it still seems fishy.
Editing the entire series around the point of view of George has ruined things for me
I feel the exact same. I'm not the biggest George fan, but I can see why he's entertaining. But seriously people shouldn't be getting 0 confessionals multiple episodes in a row. George is one out of 24 people, there would have to be conversations or plans that he is not apart of. I get why they give people like him, Simon and Shonee more airtime, but there is no reason to not at least acknowledge everyone else across the whole week. Don't cast 24 people otherwise, if they're gonna edit it like this then do 2 seasons at 12 episodes each then.

I think the storytelling has been pretty good this season, but in an effort to ensure the Tribal outcome doesn’t appear too obvious from the beginning of the episode, they omit too much, leaving the narrative full of holes. It’s frustrating when the outcome doesn’t make sense and we know we’re missing something integral. I think they should allow some episodes to play out fully, even if it means the outcome is more predictable, if it means we get a more rounded perspective on what’s going on. Sometimes the red herrings seem so arbitrary.
Agree, the narrative of the season is compelling and has had some of the best story telling probably since season 1. But yeah, I hate when they puporsly make the result confusing just to not make the boot obvious. I'd rather fully understand the reasoning behind a player's vote out and be impressed with the move, even if it is a forgone conclusion. The last episode left me really confused with what actually happened. I guess it's okay at least if the next episode opens with an explanation, but if players need to explain on social media then that's where there's an issue.
I much prefer them having to do something a bit more to get the idol - whether it's trash a reward, grab them in the middle of a challenge or get a clue telling them they're at idol.
I don't mind idols as long as there isn't too much. Like Shannon has said on talking tribal, there being 3+ idols in the game at once will break the game. If all three idols make it to the last point they can be played (final 5), then someone can be eliminated by default with three idols and someone else winning the challenge. One per tribe is enough. The 31st US season had idols hidden at the challenge. I think Sharn in S3 also found an idol at a challenge. I do agree that idols should be a bit more of a challenge to obtain rather than just be handed out freely. Then I wouldn't be so mad about someone using idols to stay in the game, so as long as they truly earn it.
Simon is the most likeable person on this season by far.
He is the only person left now that I have any care for. His narrative is compelling, the jury seems to feel the same way as well according to Hayley's jury villa episode. He's one of the only people who actively tried to get rid of George. After a while of no one else trying it becomes tiring. It doesn't hurt that he's pretty sexy too. Even if simple at the same time.
Liz is probably the best bet to turn on George.
Even if it's at the very last minute, she will be the one to do so. I still stand by my initial prediction that she is the winner. George's boot will be ever so satisfying when it comes.

Although if Simon does get to the end and beat George in the final 2 that would be the ultimate cherry on the cake if George doesn't go earlier.

…I’d love to see a challenge of 5 totally different PUZZLES in a row during the challenge to test their abilities to solve them… puzzles they’ve never done before… the last of which is a 3D idol of a statue that becomes an immunity… whoever solves it at the end of the 5 puzzles wins it… let them really earn the immunity instead of letting them ‘find’ it for a change… that’s my two cents worth anyway… cheers.

Back