Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I am a Kiwi but am also an Aussie citizen. When people here ask me where I'm from I've been saying NZ because the Aus government has been so horrible I've been ashamed and embarrassed. Now we've finally got a less embarrassing govt I could admit to my Aussie citizenship but I feel like I should continue to give NZ the credit.

I am a Kiwi but am also an Aussie citizen. When people here ask me where I'm from I've been saying NZ because the Aus government has been so horrible I've been ashamed and embarrassed. Now we've finally got a less embarrassing govt I could admit to my Aussie citizenship but I feel like I should continue to give NZ the credit.
Yes, I'm an Aussie citizen too, and still manage to hold two passports.
I hope if Aus becomes a republic in the future I won't have to give away my British one.
While I still have my mum, sister and niece in England, I'll always consider myself English. When I'm here and going back to the UK for a holiday, I still say I'm going home, and when I'm there and returning back I say I'm going home. In fact, I usually can't wait to get back here!

Any influencers who aren't doing the right thing you want to dob in?

So posting this as a follow up to my last comment. Also saving all the details on this drama but it’s pretty well documented for anyone interested.

nnn not Kingston putting this thread in a coma since FEBRUARY.

Where's that homo mutleypiss?

OGC.edbc075a7e0f947c031730c6156d9fc5

MADSSS!! heeelloOOoooo

@mutleyp - off living his best life. I miss him too.

OGC.ddd64d290d4f061cb66ef1ef7a2c86ba

Yes, I'm an Aussie citizen too, and still manage to hold two passports.
I hope if Aus becomes a republic in the future I won't have to give away my British one.
While I still have my mum, sister and niece in England, I'll always consider myself English. When I'm here and going back to the UK for a holiday, I still say I'm going home, and when I'm there and returning back I say I'm going home. In fact, I usually can't wait to get back here!
I was married to a Brit & I tried to get our daughter to claim dual citizenship. Actually, his father was born in S Africa so she could claim to be African American too. Home is where your heart is, February. ;)

How would you interpret a laughing response like “haha thanks” to a complement? Is it a genuine response? Or just a response for the sake of a response?

How would you interpret a laughing response like “haha thanks” to a complement? Is it a genuine response? Or just a response for the sake of a response?
I think more context is needed.
On a surface level it sounds like a dismissal but a lot of people don't know how to respond to compliments. So it very well could just be an awkward response.

I myself can't respond well to compliments. In my mid 30s I started working out. I'd have people go, "you're looking good." My response would be some awkward walking back of the compliment. I couldn't just take it. I even had friends say, "just take the compliment." So I had to train myself to just go against my instincts and say something like, "thank you, I've been training hard." It's against my instincts of what to say, so is that not genuine? Or just trying to navigate social interactions?

I think more context is needed.
On a surface level it sounds like a dismissal but a lot of people don't know how to respond to compliments. So it very well could just be an awkward response.

I myself can't respond well to compliments. In my mid 30s I started working out. I'd have people go, "you're looking good." My response would be some awkward walking back of the compliment. I couldn't just take it. I even had friends say, "just take the compliment." So I had to train myself to just go against my instincts and say something like, "thank you, I've been training hard." It's against my instincts of what to say, so is that not genuine? Or just trying to navigate social interactions?
I was being flirty with someone on IG. Their vibe has been off for a little while now and I can’t quite put my finger on it.

This is how I responded to a clip of him dancing at a festival… May be a little more than flirty IDK 💁🏼‍♂️. It’s the second time in the past couple of days I’ve gotten this “haha thanks” response.

IMG_1117.jpeg

I was being flirty with someone on IG. Their vibe has been off for a little while now and I can’t quite put my finger on it.

This is how I responded to a clip of him dancing at a festival… May be a little more than flirty IDK 💁🏼‍♂️. It’s the second time in the past couple of days I’ve gotten this “haha thanks” response.

View attachment 59757

I would treat the Haha in that context like a smiley face. An expression of a good mood.

The guy oozes sex appeal... You guys are right and I’m probably just overthinking.
From one overthinker to another - just enjoy the flirting and try not to let the overdrive kick in. Sometimes words are just words and not anywhere near as deep as the meaning we think they might be sometimes!

Hunted not even trying anymore.

"We have eyes on the vehicle. Two occupants. One in the driver seat, one passenger".

*cuts to shot of driver, passenger and badly concealed cameraman in the back*

Back