Skip to main content

The Death of Queen Elizabeth II & Ascension of King Charles III

King Charlie.. Somehow I can't see him doing very good in this role.. Time will tell...
Heā€™s been in training for 73 years. Considering his mother was thrust in to a role she wasnā€™t born expecting to fill at 25 heā€™s had more than enough preparation and time to understand the importance of the role and whatā€™s going to be expect of him. His reign wonā€™t be nearly as iconic but I donā€™t think it will be stained by substantial controversy.

View attachment 59263

Even as a Republican (of the Australian kind / not a Trump supporter), this is pretty appalling from the Greens leader.

A bit of respect wouldn't hurt.
IMO in order to properly cede the monarch would need to return the land to it's original indigenous owners to decide what to do with it next. The country immediately becoming a republic would just be another form is colonialism.

IMO in order to properly cede the monarch would need to return the land to it's original indigenous owners to decide what to do with it next. The country immediately becoming a republic would just be another form is colonialism.

Agree, a treaty of some kind with Indigenous Australian's needs to be first on the agenda. Similar to what NZ has with the Maori people.

View attachment 59263

Even as a Republican (of the Australian kind / not a Trump supporter), this is pretty appalling from the Greens leader.

A bit of respect wouldn't hurt.
1662703025427.png
ā€¦this is disgustingā€¦ my God she hasnā€™t even been buried yet ffs!ā€¦ that is so damn disrespectful!ā€¦ no wonder nobody votes for those parasites!ā€¦ shame on you!ā€¦ rest in peace dear Queen Elizabeth IIā€¦ we will miss youā€¦ cheers. šŸ‘‘ā¤ļø

Last edited:
Like many have said, regardless of the views, Queen Elizabeth is an icon. From a time when there were not many women in positions of power, she held her own and devoted her life to serving. Definitely an icon. May she Rest In Peace.

I do think itā€™s too soon for a lot of the stuff coming out. The politics can be left for a day surely just to remember her. She was also a loved one, family, to those close to her and while things must go on, for them itā€™s still losing a loved one. I swear some people forget that public servants are still attached to human emotion and need to grieve.

The BBC has done a great job Hours and hours of live broadcasting
I watched it for a couple of hours this afternoon but stopped when I realised the second hour was an almost exact repeat of the first hour I watched.

But they are going to have rolling coverage for 10 days so they canā€™t use everything up on day one I guess

I really canā€™t say that Iā€™m either shocked or moved.

But Iā€™m curious as to how people will react to the changes. People singing God Save the King. New money coming. Kingā€™s Birthday holiday. ā€œThe Queenā€ now meaning Camilla. Some big new piece of infrastructure being named after Charles. I suppose Charles will have to do a tour of his realms, how much enthusiasm will people find for that?

Reactions: kxk

Thought this speech was a very good sign that our new King reign will be diligent in maintaining a sense of continuity and the same devotion to public service.

I really canā€™t say that Iā€™m either shocked or moved.

But Iā€™m curious as to how people will react to the changes. People singing God Save the King. New money coming. Kingā€™s Birthday holiday. ā€œThe Queenā€ now meaning Camilla. Some big new piece of infrastructure being named after Charles. I suppose Charles will have to do a tour of his realms, how much enthusiasm will people find for that?
It is interesting to see the questions people are asking - I am waiting for some media article about "Will Queensland be renamed Kingsland"?

President Biden is going to the Funeral. #HellNo trends on Twitter so Drumpf is not invited
See how he treated the Queen grrrrr

Last edited:
Back