Skip to main content

Is anyone else a guaranteed winner?

You'd win if you got to the end. It's a matter of how you get there icon. I think many newbies would be threatened by you and would vote you out. The reason Reggie sticks out as a "do not touch" player is because of her story which has been brought up by the media over and over which has further cemented the support the Australian public has for her.
They wanted to help her out I think. Fair enough

Honestly out of this cast, I think Trevor would have been the other one that would have gotten a pretty guaranteed chance to win alongside Dave and Reggie

But Trevor and Dave both went home quite early.

I think Tim would have had a chance on a season separate to Reggie but also is a much bigger target too. Alot depends too on how the OGs work with each other - we didn't really see them using each other as shields this time around, although I think Tim and Reggie certainly had strength in each other. Not so much hiding behind the other or even particularly working together, but it was mutually beneficial too each of them for the other to stay.

I suspect also the age of the newbies protected Reggie considerably. It's clear whenever a so called "superfan" appears on the show they don't know much about Big Brother pre-2012.

I suspect also the age of the newbies protected Reggie considerably. It's clear whenever a so called "superfan" appears on the show they don't know much about Big Brother pre-2012.

Johnston was at least a fan before the nine era.
Screenshotter--WatchBigBrotherOnlineFreeStreamingCatchUpTVinAustralia7plus-37’50”.jpg

How much before, I don't know but he would have bee 7-8-sh? in the Reggie year and I don't really know how much you could be taking in of BB at that age.

One thing completely lost in this is how much of a target OG's will have on their back if they do another season like this.

One thing completely lost in this is how much of a target OG's will have on their back if they do another season like this.
Yes there won't be the fear factor of 'voting out the blind OG with chronically ill son' with any of the other OGs so it will probably be more brutal.

I'm not a fan of this 'us Vs them' format, firstly because having two 'tribes' is Survivor's shtick, and secondly because it can lead to a pagonging situation, which can make for boring and predictable viewing. It was a relief that some of them switched it up in this season. I'd still rather it was an all OG season though, even with OGs from all three networks' seasons. But no more Danny please.

I'm not a fan of this 'us Vs them' format, firstly because having two 'tribes' is Survivor's shtick, and secondly because it can lead to a pagonging situation, which can make for boring and predictable viewing. It was a relief that some of them switched it up in this season. I'd still rather it was an all OG season though, even with OGs from all three networks' seasons. But no more Danny please.

Yeah a purely OG season would be better. Defined tribes from the start messes it up.
I'd be happy for a compley newbie series.

Danny is too big a character to come back. I personally really enjoyed Danny though. It was just the editing focus on him that was the issue. I also sometimes watch him on youtube. It's interesting. Some of his trips are great. Some he should get a professional editor to chop down into a proper documentary and sell it on streaming services.

In a video a few weeks ago he stopped on a bridge in America and stopped someone from committing suicide.

The show has divided into cliques even with all newbies though. Though I suppose those cliques were naturally formed, rather than a clear divide existing from the beginning.

The 2020 season had the alpha boys group (led by Dan and Matt) controlling the game, and producers interfered several times to prevent a complete pagonging and make it a bit more competitive (saving Angela from eviction who was their main opponent in the first half of the game, then giving Angela power to help boot Ian who was aligned to the Dan group, giving Kieran and Sophie a chance to return to the game after Matt and Dan had booted both of them out).

The 2021 season had a power struggle between the Danny faction and Katie faction for the first half of the season. The first ep had Max and Katie setting themselves up in a majority alliance. Then producers gave Danny and Nick the power to choose the first boot, leading to Max getting evicted and Danny, Nick and Melissa establishing themselves as the power trio, with Katie as their main opposition. Most of first few weeks had Danny, Nick and Mel controlling the game and pagonging everyone who was aligned with Katie. Then production interfered again by saving SJ (Katie’s ally) and that fake eviction was used to tilt the balance of power in favour of Katie’s alliance, which led to Nick and Mel going home and Danny pretending to be aligned with Katie before backstabbing her.

The show has divided into cliques even with all newbies though. Though I suppose those cliques were naturally formed, rather than a clear divide existing from the beginning.
That's exactly right. In this kind of competitive format the HMs should be left to form their own alliances and not be set up with two sides created by producers. It's more interesting for viewers - and more of a challenge for the HMs - to navigate their way through the game that way.

I wouldn't say in the three years of this format we've really seen any BBUSA/Survivor style alliance really thrive in this game. Yes, there have been cliques and people working together but it's been far more based around friendship rather than strategy, which is why most of them have failed.

Yes Tahan could win. If she showed how much she’s grown. She’s still one of the most beautiful women to play.
I think so too. I try not to be completely bias with Tahan, but it can’t be helped. Outside the house she has maintained many friendships with the males and females from her series. It shows she is great as a friend and great as a hm. If she could make it to the end in some way, I think she very well could win.

Back