Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

Davina has spoken about the potential return.
Davina definitely knows a little more than she’s actually letting on…

She’s pretty much confirmed there’s something in the works despite neither Banijay or ITV have confirmed they’re in talks at this point.

Given all the positive press this potential revival has been getting, ITV would be stupid to not take the shot while they can.

Emma has talked about the possible revival this week and basically said she thinks a comeback next year it too soon and that it would need a new host.

Certainly agree with her on the new host front - ideally it would break away completely from the C5 era. Whether next year is too soon - I'm not so sure. I would be 5 years since the last C5 series and for me 13 years since the last proper Big Brother series.

Just throw a lotnof money at Davina.

Get Russell brand back to his his show.

Get some.OGs in
Some new housemates

And Tim, Dave and Reggie 🥰

Just throw a lotnof money at Davina.

Get Russell brand back to his his show.

Get some.OGs in
Some new housemates

And Tim, Dave and Reggie 🥰

Poor Rylan is going into meltdown today with the news within the same hour that the UK will host next years Eurovision and that talks for the revival on ITV are now at an advanced stage.

That sounds very promising. I especially loved:

It is thought that this approach will also extend to the revival being a light-touch production, more akin to the earlier series on Channel 4. It is thought that the show will be a key title for ITV’s new digital service, ITVX which is due to launch later this year.

God, I hope ITV can really show the rest of the world (well, Australia) how Big Brother of the yesteryear can in fact be brought in to line with today, and still be a success.

I really do hope so, and I'm hopeful of live streaming considering ad supporter streaming channels are a core element of the new ITVX streaming service.

What it needs is producers who have faith in it and don't hit the panic button when after three days people say it's boring. Big Brother is actually about making the boring rather engaging - it isn't about popping every night but instead brewing slowly over a matter of weeks - you get your rewards later in the series if you stick with it as you see various dynamics naturally unfold.

What is also hopeful is they may want to keep it distinguishable from Love Island so cast it very differently, which can only be a good thing.

What is also hopeful is they may want to keep it distinguishable from Love Island so cast it very differently, which can only be a good thing.
I don’t believe for a second ITV “may” want to keep BB distinguishable from Love Island but that’s been by their plan from the beginning.

I was sceptical at first but the more I thought about it ITV is the perfect home for BB as there’s no competition.

The only downside being that BB won’t air in it’s traditional summer time slot.

I guess it would be late-March to mid-May or Sept/Oct in between Love Island and I'm a Celeb. I can't see it running more than 8 weeks to be honest, though they might stretch to 9 if they're wanting that nod to the early series.

I guess it would be late-March to mid-May or Sept/Oct in between Love Island and I'm a Celeb. I can't see it running more than 8 weeks to be honest, though they might stretch to 9 if they're wanting that nod to the early series.
It was rumoured to be after Love Island so somewhere in August or early September. If it was running any earlier I’d expect they’d have announced something already.

8 weeks does seem rather short… I’d expect somewhere around 9 to 10 weeks with 12 to 14 HM’s.

“Some fans have speculated that a surprise reveal could occur during the grand final of this year’s Love Island, which airs tomorrow (Monday 1st August) at 9.00pm.”

Translation: rabid fans who want nothing more than the show back as soon as humanly possible, speculate ITV will confirm a program with a year left until it’s set to premiere.

IMO the official announcement is not likely to come until closer to year end. A confirmation in November seems more likely… That leaves about a 5 to 6 month gap between the announcement and pre-production being in full swing.

Last edited:
“Some fans have speculated that a surprise reveal could occur during the grand final of this year’s Love Island, which airs tomorrow (Monday 1st August) at 9.00pm.”

Translation: rabid fans who want nothing more than the show back as soon as humanly possible, speculate ITV will confirm a program with a year left until it’s set to premiere.

IMO the official announcement is not likely to come until closer to year end. A confirmation in November seems more likely… That leaves about a 5 to 6 month gap between the announcement and pre-production being in full swing.
I believe it for the most part, although "back to basics" and "Big Brother for the Love Island generation," seems like a contradiction to me.

As far as a reveal during the Love Island final, I don't see it happening unless it's something like a short eye logo teaser during the adverts, but even that would be odd at this time.

I believe it for the most part, although "back to basics" and "Big Brother for the Love Island generation," seems like a contradiction to me.

As far as a reveal during the Love Island final, I don't see it happening unless it's something like a short eye logo teaser during the adverts, but even that would be odd at this time.
I wouldn’t read too much in to it… For one it’s not a direct quote from Banijay or ITV and two if ITV really wanted a second Love Island there are better options than spending millions to turn BB into a carbon copy.

My interpretation is that it’s Love Island’s target audience they’re after. To me it sounds like they intend on putting renewed focus in the fundamentals but that moving the show forward rather than rehashing the Channel 4 era is just as important.

My interpretation is that it’s Love Island’s target audience they’re after. To me it sounds like they intend on putting renewed focus in the fundamentals but that moving the show forward rather than rehashing the Channel 4 era is just as important.
I'm immediately getting BBAU "sexy and single" 2005 vibes from that. But amped up to the nth degree.

I'm immediately getting BBAU "sexy and single" 2005 vibes from that. But amped up to the nth degree.
I feel like that was the vibe Channel 5 were going for and look how well that turned out… As I said previously it’s not an official quote so it’s probably best not to read too much in to it.

I don’t mind them saying that it’s Big Brother for the Love Island Generation. That’s different from saying they are making it for the Love Island audience.

The Love Island generation want a strong social media presence, good production values, free in-app voting, easy to navigate and accessible streaming/ catch-up options.

I do think we’ll maybe only see a spin-off show on a Sunday night, similar to how Aftersun works for Love Island.

There’s a lot they can pull from the way Love Island is made and apply it to BB, without compromising on what makes BB stand out as it’s own individual brand.

Back