Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 16 Discussion (8 June, 7:30pm)

Which OG will eventually knife Tim?

• Reggie

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Dave

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Estelle

Votes: 43 55.8%
  • Tully

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Drew

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Well, who do you think?

I'm fearing we've got a setup like Aleisha, Johnson and Tim. Which is the worst three!

Ok I was fine with Tim winning in his series before and wanted him to but not this one. He's kinda like that scottish guy or whatever who so many loved on The Bachelorette and came back for Bachelor in Paradise and just disappointed people. Hmm... or maybe that's Drew this time around. My point is I was huge Tim fan before and just disappointed with his actions, whether it be his outburst on twitter (which has spread to Daily Mail, so dramatic, etc), or just his dishonesty with the OGs, etc. C'mon Tim I was drawn to watching this for the OGs, was so psyched for your reunion with Drew and Tully and you're just letting me down. Maybe things still change and with Drew losing Sam and about to come back to the house, we get some good fun back with those two but I don't know. I still feel he'll be dishonest, and attacking people.

Then there is Aleisha. She'd be the type to have already been evicted if this was public votes to evict. She's coming across as a little bitch.

Johnson.. ah. Don't even need to go there. Supposed superfan, but whatever. If I must I guess Johnson can make it to the end, but sick of Tim and Aleisha.

Rest of the house seems like nice enough people but I have issues with Tim, Aleisha and Johnson (and Drew sortof but I haven't been able to give him enough chance since Sam left).

Let's just say I think people will be very happy with 2 out of the 3 in the final.

Ben Norris should be banned from any conversation imo. I don’t want to hear that name at all with current or future bb. Worst winner because it represents so much wrong. I gladly would have taken a boring winner over him. But look he is being given a platform. Though he had some sense not to let himself be brought into it. Tim needs to stop using that name and alluding to his name. If he is annoyed about the current situation then argue your point on that, so low to already have brought up past stuff but also to continue it. Just stop already.

Is the census here that Amber was "playing" the victim or she was a victim and just rolled?...
My two cents worth is the jury got it right. I have stronger views than saying she played a victim but I won't go into that as last time I tried to have a discussion I was called a mysogynist (which ironically Reepbot and Affable used to call me misandrist so I guess I just hate everyone?)

I was talking about the other tweet of Tim’s that Estelle posted where he says that he is the ”victim” of Estelle’s accusations of bullying.
Ah ok.....that's pretty immature
but we see enough of Tim’s conduct on the show, and then the insight from his recent tweets to get a clear enough picture, if not to praise or condemn his entire character, enough to at least have a discussion about it!

Yes I agree....and so far I have found him funny, manipulative, charming, petty, competitive, immature, cunning, def a stirrer but overall in the likable category, but all this noise removes him from the "hope he wins" category!

I think a huge part of the problem with the Amber Heard comment is that he is implying AH is a liar who’s ruined Johnny Depp’s reputation and drawing a parallel that he’s JD and Estelle is AH. To call up a serious matter of domestic violence within a public Twitter spat is unacceptable behaviour. And speaking of nuances, it’s flat out misogyny to view AH as pure evil and JD as a blameless saint. From what I’ve read, they both seem pretty awful and it was a totally dysfunctional lifestyle and relationship. But there’s a larger issue at play about the influence of this court case in general and the detrimental effect towards victims of domestic abuse (mainly women) and yet more depressing confirmation of how white male privilege impacts all of us. Whose reputation has suffered the most out of AH and JD? So with all of this in mind, Tim’s comments are ignorant, insensitive, and totally lacking insight or remorse.
This one is deep....too deep for Tim I imagine....

You are right in saying that AH and JD are both to except responsibility for the mess they have just been through and given the outcome it was rightly her reputation that suffered the most (although I get a feel from you that you think a different outcome could have been achieved?) but I would hope, hope that any movement to stamp out violence against women (domestic or otherwise) is unaffected by the result
I am usually very cautious contributing to anything that includes "white male privilege" as I am one.....but I am also the guy was raised by women and has the utmost respect...Also when my peers ask on international women's day "when's men's day" I tell them "what centuries of self proclaimed entitlement isn't enough?"

My two cents worth is the jury got it right. I have stronger views than saying she played a victim but I won't go into that as last time I tried to have a discussion I was called a mysogynist (which ironically Reepbot and Affable used to call me misandrist so I guess I just hate everyone?)
Fair enough on the jury I really didn't spend a lot of time on it....
Discussion involving different opinion is not for everyone, in a battle of wits some will run out of ammo before others....you can usually tell because the personal insults and name calling will begin.

I believe she played victim and grossly exaggerated most things. She was entitled with her speech and staying “as an American woman” like wtf does that even mean, who cares if you’re American or whatever. Anyways like Isee, I think the jury got it right

After skimming through this thread I feel like I am the only one who likes Aleisha. I'm glad she's in the mindframe with Drew.
If it had been between her and Jaycee I definitely would have preferred her to stay. I like Gabbie though. But both of those women have been playing the game well.

If it was a a real vote out that is tough going out with no nomination points. And purely put up by Estelle and final vote made by Estelle - that is way more power than I have seen one person have in BB before.

I like her. You’ll see in other threads I made mention and said I think she has game and wanted her to stay
Oh awesome. My dream alliance is Estelle and Aleisha. I haven't seen any channel 7 BBs till this one. Has there ever been an all girls alliance that has dominated a season?
I have come round to Aleisha. She’s clever and strategic and entertaining. Can’t accuse her of being a pot plant.
Exactly, since Joel left Aleisha has played her own game. She would do well in Survivor, she's loyal and social as well as strategic.

If it was a a real vote out that is tough going out with no nomination points. And purely put up by Estelle and final vote made by Estelle - that is way more power than I have seen one person have in BB before.
I agree both have been playing well. Aleishas game is more open and exposed, she's playing hard. Gabby is playing the middle, which is more low key. Sucks they were both up. Jaycee would have been better going (if this were a real eviction).
Also yes that was way too much power for Estelle to have, there is always backlash from these twists and powers.

Oh awesome. My dream alliance is Estelle and Aleisha. I haven't seen any channel 7 BBs till this one. Has there ever been an all girls alliance that has dominated a season?

Exactly, since Joel left Aleisha has played her own game. She would do well in Survivor, she's loyal and social as well as strategic.
Looking at the way the votes just went if ever there was to be an all girl/all guy alliance it would be coming soon.

One thing that could majorly increase the show's quality (other than making it live) is stripping the entire structure of the week across all three episodes. Cut the Monday show eviction and have HoH/Shopping Task/House chat during the Monday Ep. Tuesday and Wednesday can stay as they are. I'd preferably like it to be Sun-Thur however with an added episode of just house dynamics and relationship scenes. Or they could split the Second Chance Challenge and eviction into two seperate episodes. There just needs to be less time spent on the theatrics and more time spent on explaining the narrative properly and allowing for character development. If they did this and cut the cast down to around 14-16 then the editing would be so much more balanced and it would be easier to follow.

It should have been a two episode structure based around the Nominations Challenge format but with the Save Challenge added. Adding token old school nominations and their iteration of an HoH has just been unnecessarily messy.

Trouble is they seem to want to air it just 3 nights a week so with a two ep cycle you either have one cycle split over the Wed/Mon every other week or drop it down to two or up to four as scheduling allows. What do Seven have on Sunday now The Voice is done?

It should have been a two episode structure based around the Nominations Challenge format but with the Save Challenge added. Adding token old school nominations and their iteration of an HoH has just been unnecessarily messy.

Trouble is they seem to want to air it just 3 nights a week so with a two ep cycle you either have one cycle split over the Wed/Mon every other week or drop it down to two or up to four as scheduling allows. What do Seven have on Sunday now The Voice is done?

Last Sunday they had the Queens Platinum Jubilee Concert and the following weeks they have their 7News Spotlight program.

Back