Skip to main content

BBUS 24 - Pre-season

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
Show starts July 6th. It will premiere alongside The Challenge: USA, featuring veteran players of Love Island US, BBUS, and Survivor US.

Press release says HG’s will be newbies. Any rumours to the contrary are probably bullshit.

Not expecting much will changes this series and I’m personally not that excited for another season.

Any rumours posted are simply to spark discussion and are not necessarily believed to be legitimate.

Show starts July 6th. It will premiere alongside The Challenge: USA, featuring veteran players of Love Island US, BBUS, and Survivor US.

Press release says HG’s will be newbies. Any rumours to the contrary are probably bullshit.

Not expecting much will changes this series and I’m personally not that excited for another season.

Any rumours posted are simply to spark discussion and are not necessarily believed to be legitimate.
Looking forward to the Challenge. Have watched Real World, Road Rules & all the Challenges w/TJ He out snarks BB lol & their missions (especially the Finales) are backbreaking!

Looking forward to the Challenge. Have watched Real World, Road Rules & all the Challenges w/TJ He out snarks BB lol & their missions (especially the Finales) are backbreaking!
It was fun back in the day when it was more about silly games, seeing different cast members from the RW/RR interact, hookups etc but I find the show takes itself WAY too serious these days.

It was fun back in the day when it was more about silly games, seeing different cast members from the RW/RR interact, hookups etc but I find the show takes itself WAY too serious these days.
I love CT so I'm biased towards the recent shows & the money is so good that several cast members only do this instead of working regular jobs. I think it's serious because their tasks are so much more dangerous than any other reality show (except MAFs hahahahahaha) I actually miss Real World/Road Rules, but maybe I should get a life eeeeek lol

I love CT so I'm biased towards the recent shows & the money is so good that several cast members only do this instead of working regular jobs. I think it's serious because their tasks are so much more dangerous than any other reality show (except MAFs hahahahahaha) I actually miss Real World/Road Rules, but maybe I should get a life eeeeek lol
I’m also not a big fan of the shows over reliance on the same rotating cast members year after year. Also turned off by the fact that it’s mostly about physical strength rather than strategy. Like I said above the show was much better when the show didn’t take itself too seriously.

I don’t know if I miss The Real World as much as I do Road Rules. RR - Down Under is what inspired me to visit Australia.

I’m also not a big fan of the shows over reliance on the same rotating cast members year after year. Also turned off by the fact that it’s mostly about physical strength rather than strategy. Like I said above the show was much better when the show didn’t take itself too seriously.

I don’t know if I miss The Real World as much as I do Road Rules. RR - Down Under is what inspired me to visit Australia.
Yes! Road Rules was kick in the ass fun. I didn't know you weren't a native strine! Where are you from? For sure physical strength matters more than brains, I love TJ's evil laugh as he goes through the trivia questions w/dire consequences. However, there is strategy haha mostly to do w/showmances but still important haha

Yes! Road Rules was kick in the ass fun. I didn't know you weren't a native strine! Where are you from? For sure physical strength matters more than brains, I love TJ's evil laugh as he goes through the trivia questions w/dire consequences. However, there is strategy haha mostly to do w/showmances but still important haha
This is getting a bit off topic… I won’t start on how much I despise TJ.

I’m Canadian.

You should really start on BBCAN. I’ll let Peridiam explain why…

Thirded, BBCAN can get REALLY wild with good/bad big moves gameplay, especially the most recent two seasons (which are on 7plus). Also, Peridiam’s video about broken twists in BBCAN is pretty funny when most of them have some semblence of being fair compared to BBAU.

As a bonus, someone has all the livefeeds archived on youtube, making it easier to follow the relationships/strategy pitches. Seriously, you need to watch the fake self-eviction feeds from BBCAN10 because the show does not do justice to how tense and amusingly fucked up the house was.

I definitely plan on watching it, there’s some really cool twists that have interested me. Backwards week, the triple eviction and the double eviction with vote to save.

Hopefully I have time to do it soon.

Never have high hopes for BBUSA - it's all reliant on the gameplay of the houseguests rather than production decisions. Was hoping Biblebot might have moved on.

No mention that they'll do the premiere live. The main advantage of course is feeds from the beginning, which have been so welcome and for those that follow them crucial into understanding the early alliances. The live premiere show itself though hasn't exactly been great viewing compared to the usually quite well produced pre-recorded efforts - but if they go back to pre-recorded I hope they put the houseguests in no more than 48 hours eariler rather than an entire week.

Never have high hopes for BBUSA - it's all reliant on the gameplay of the houseguests rather than production decisions. Was hoping Biblebot might have moved on.

No mention that they'll do the premiere live. The main advantage of course is feeds from the beginning, which have been so welcome and for those that follow them crucial into understanding the early alliances. The live premiere show itself though hasn't exactly been great viewing compared to the usually quite well produced pre-recorded efforts - but if they go back to pre-recorded I hope they put the houseguests in no more than 48 hours eariler rather than an entire week.
Watching the feeds is a whole new world. You really see how manipulative BBUSA is produced

I'm fine with that though - better to see the manipulation than have a complete live feed blackout to cover it up.

One thing on the broadcast show they need to sort is what to do with the Sunday show - I'm fed up of them basically sticking a three week run of a twist or comp in and then doing something different for another three weeks, and repeat again (with the odd HoH comp carried over). It doesn't even need to be a new format point - most fans would be quite happy with the return of a weekly food competition.

Watching the feeds is a whole new world. You really see how manipulative BBUSA is produced
Production interference in BBUS is minor in comparison to that of BBAU. I’d say for the most part BBUS’s production team have integrity and haven’t fully crossed the line in to full on manipulation/rigging.

As Brekkie said the fact that there are live feeds shows they aren’t necessarily trying to hide anything from us and obviously editing down seven days of footage in to less than three hours per week will lead to some issues.

No reality show is perfect but I’d say BBUS is one of the least manipulated shows out there.

Last edited:
Production interference in BBUS is minor in comparison to that of BBAU. I’d say for the most part BBUS’s production team have integrity and haven’t fully crossed the line in to full on manipulation/rigging.

As Brekkie said the fact that there are live feeds shows they aren’t necessarily trying to hide anything from us and obviously editing down seven days of footage in to less than three hours per week will lead to some issues.

No reality show is perfect but I’d say BBUS is one of the least manipulated shows out there.
I think it's getting better, glad you think it's honest. However, for sure they have hidden a level of racism, & misogyny close to a level of harassment for a long time from players they choose to serve as likable. Face it, none of these shows are unvarnished & we still love to consume them. That's why I also love Bake off or sewing bee, not much in the way of prize money but so much heart...oh, Lego Masters too lol (trying to sort out what they're saying on LM New Zealand lately haha)

You should really start on BBCAN. I’ll let Peridiam explain why…

I always love Peridiam’s videos, I’ve watched this small series on why people should watch BB and Survivor but this video has my attention more so because I haven’t seen BBCAN really.

After looking at paramount plus it has Seasons 1-9 (minus 8 but that’s not a huge miss) and I’m definitely tempted. I watched the first 2 episodes during lockdown last year but just didn’t get around to finishing it. I did enjoy that it had some BBAU/UK feel to it, and I also love Arisa and the larger crowd. I actually remember BBCAN airing in 2013 and followed season 1 online so I know a lot of spoilers unfortunately.

I was going to use my spare time to binge BBUK but that task itself is so daunting it almost puts me off. I think I might just watch BBCAN because knowing me I’ll easily be able to watch it in a short amount of time. Might be something I start this weekend actually.

Side note: I absolutely love how crazy the house design is every year. So much effort is put in to making it look great.

Back