Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Stay steady around 450k

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Average in the lower 400 thousands

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Get this show cancelled

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters
I am not sure live ratings are an accurate reflection anymore. I assume it does not account for those watching through seven plus live? (I am watching it this way too as I don’t have a TV hooked up).
Well the thing is unless you have a ratings box so you can be measured it actually is better to watch it on 7 plus as they can measure how many view it there.

At most it’s 100,000 to 150,000 jump. Ratings have dropped series over series.
Could be more once regional figures are added as well. Survivor increased around 60-70% per episode through total TV numbers. Time will tell how clued on the general viewers are to how destroyed the show is.

Could be more once regional figures are added as well. Survivor increased around 60-70% per episode through total TV numbers. Time will tell how clued on the general viewers are to how destroyed the show is.
I’m making assumptions based on what the figures were last series.

I am not sure live ratings are an accurate reflection anymore. I assume it does not account for those watching through seven plus live? (I am watching it this way too as I don’t have a TV hooked up).
Live ratings not being relevant is an argument usually made loudest by shows that are failing hardest.

Whilst true they are only half the story they are all still relevant as they are relative. They're an indicator about how the show is doing relevant to previous episodes, previous series and the competition too.

If live ratings really were irrelevant the Aussie networks wouldn't be building their schedules around news, sport and nightly overly long reality shows. The schedules are clearly built with the live audience in mind.

BIG BROTHER – THUSeven Network358,000
They stuffed up with their promo advertising me thinks...

They spent way too much time on promoting the next storyline of the show & failed to advise viewers that unlike other seasons, this week they were televising the show up to & including THURSDAY...

I like many others, almost missed out on watching it when it was televised on Thursday as I didn't think it would be on again until Monday.. (even Wednesday I didn't expect it to be on)...

They really needed to promote the schedule as well or in place of the upcoming storyline

Wow. Even RBT rated higher. Surely this will be the final season.

I think VIP really destroyed any interest there was for BB.
Ehh, no-one really cared about VIP in the first place, I think people are just tired of faux Survivor even if that season didn’t happen.

Supposedly they still have one more season left in the can, but with bad ratings and Million Dollar Island lined up for next year, I wouldn’t be surprised if 7 pulled out the fuck it clause of their contract.

Supposedly they still have one more season left in the can
Nope, this is the last season they shot. House is still intact in case they decide to go again, but I'd be surprised. However after VIP's disastrous ratings I thought they'd pack up as soon as the currently airing season wrapped, but I suppose they left it just in case, lease continues through this year after all.

Didn't drop quite as far as I thought it might but I think it looks like it's a question of when, not if, it goes sub-300k now. The trouble is too that with episodes nearer the two hour mark if people are prioritising a rivals reality show or miss episodes for whatever reason it isn't easy to find the time to catch up, so that audience just isn't going to build.
Supposedly they still have one more season left in the can, but with bad ratings and Million Dollar Island lined up for next year, I wouldn’t be surprised if 7 pulled out the fuck it clause of their contract.
Not in the can but commissioned - though nothing they can't get out of like the announced BBVIP2.

Million Dollar Island have been very clever in selling it around the world as the "next big hit format" before it actually debuted on air because it has been far from a hit for it's premiere series in the Netherlands. It's getting absolutely thrashed in the ratings - goes up against Farmer Wants a Wife and gets less than a quarter of it's audience.

Last edited:
That's a wildly low rating especially since Masterchef Australia really isn't very good so far this year (It has the potential to get better, but right now all but about 4 Fans are completely outmatched by the Favourites and it's just going to be a slow process of them leaving plus a few weaker favourites till the top 10 or so). I actually think other than the romance element (which is awful because it's not remotely authetic) this season has been slightly better than last season so far, at least they've settled on a 2 episode format by the looks and the OGs are stronger characters than most of the people from last year even if most of the fans aren't wonderful so far.

Didn't drop quite as far as I thought it might but I think it looks like it's a question of when, not if, it goes sub-300k now. The trouble is too that with episodes nearer the two hour mark if people are prioritising a rivals reality show or miss episodes for whatever reason it isn't easy to find the time to catch up, so that audience just isn't going to build.

Not in the can but commissioned - though nothing they can't get out of like the announced BBVIP2.

Million Dollar Island have been very clever in selling it around the world as the "next big hit format" before it actually debuted on air because it has been far from a hit for it's premiere series in the Netherlands. It's getting absolutely thrashed in the ratings - goes up against Farmer Wants a Wife and gets less than a quarter of it's audience.

It 100% will drop below 300k.

Back